Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
About N64: don't vWii N64 emulators run just fine? (I remember I played Shadowman on vWii's Not64 and it worked fine).
Maybe if Not64 can just be ported to WiiU, that would resolve the problem??

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
About N64: don't vWii N64 emulators run just fine? (I remember I played Shadowman on vWii's Not64 and it worked fine).
yeah they run fine on the games they work on but there are still a crapton of games that the emulator doesnt run and some with speed issues
the entire issue of porting wii stuff to wiiu is the graphics processor of the wiiu is undocumented so its extremely hard t do ports that use 3d stuff.

Reactions: uyjulian and depaul

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, been a little while since I tried the nightlies and the mame2003 core runs really great now. Just tried a few of my favourites (shinobi, vendetta, sunset riders etc) and they all ran great, even the sound was good.

I think I can throw out the general fba core now and just keep the specific ones.

Last edited by subcon959,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Iv'e noticed the snes9x core dsi errors if i try to load Addams Family. It started happening a few builds ago. I'll go back a few builds.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wow, been a little while since I tried the nightlies and the mame2003 core runs really great now. Just tried a few of my favourites (shinobi, vendetta, sunset riders etc) and they all ran great, even the sound was good.

I think I can throw out the general fba core now and just keep the specific ones.
You managed to get SUnset Riders working?
I keep getting DSI errors with that one, TMNT2 and The Simpsons, I already tried different romsets and different builds without luck.
It always happen after the Warning message. :/

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You managed to get SUnset Riders working?
I keep getting DSI errors with that one, TMNT2 and The Simpsons, I already tried different romsets and different builds without luck.
It always happen after the Warning message. :/
all three of those games work fine for me as well.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iv'e noticed the snes9x core dsi errors if i try to load Addams Family. It started happening a few builds ago. I'll go back a few builds.

I'm sticking to the 11-21-16 build of Snes9x for that reason, perfectly stable and no DSI errors.

While many games do run, some are absolutely glitched, same with WiiSX, but maybe what can be done is porting the dynarec over to the Wii U since both consoles use the same CPU architecture.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: ploggy

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: ploggy

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hmm i tried it a few builds ago and it worked perfectly fine for me.
I figured it out. I was putting the gamepad on my lap to make it easier to play and due to the design the R trigger kept getting pressed everytime I hit a button. Holding it normally fixed the issue, although it also made me crap at the game as its harder to alternate buttons quickly.

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in other words, that means there will never be a fully functional PCSX-R or Mupen 64 core for Wii U at all. What are we to get from this? To sum up, DS and PSP, PCSX-R and Mupen 64 go are never gonna happen for a very long time, if ever (which is weird that PCSX is included in the builds). Well, at least we don't have to get our hopes up.

Well, @ShadowOne333 There's your answer for PCSX-R and Mupen 64. >.> So much for that.

Why is the PSX core included if it'll never be optimized?
we are waitin 4 your dynarec cores and wii64 port to show up so we can all freely enjoy your work. no amount of *shrug* or *sigh* or >.> is gonna top that gift!!

i have been using some new rpx builds with mixed results, anyways great work

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The clue with PCSX ReARMed is in the name - it's optimised for ARM processors. That doesn't mean it couldn't be ported, but we really need a core with PPC optimisations as a base to get anything playable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1