ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh well, who could have thought :P
In any way, it's all just speculation and hopes at the moment.
We don't know for sure what the RetroArch guys have in store for the Wii U once they feel the current cores are stable enough to continue with other stuff.
All I know is that I'm really grateful for the work they've done so far, because if it weren't for them, the Wii U would still be in limbo in terms of emulation.

If N64 and PSX get covered down the road, I'd be more than settled to be honest, since all the other platforms are already available in some way or another through RetroArch, and DS VC injection is pretty good to be honest. :P

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh well, who could have thought :P
In any way, it's all just speculation and hopes at the moment.
We don't know for sure what the RetroArch guys have in store for the Wii U once they feel the current cores are stable enough to continue with other stuff.
All I know is that I'm really grateful for the work they've done so far, because if it weren't for them, the Wii U would still be in limbo in terms of emulation.
Same I always had/have massive respect for the Retroarch team and all Emulator devs. They do the lords work ;)

Reactions: funtime

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sotn loads fine for me at 1/6th speed, only in cue/bin format. same with thps2. seems all games run glitchless at 1/6th speed due to lack of hardware acceleration.

Yeah, I noticed that the games look pretty darn amazing, no graphical glitches, just a matter of getting optimized code in due time. I was playing Chrono Cross earlier :P

AriaHiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im more for the n64 scene but the playstation has always been an interesting machine. i hope that auto ppf patching will be availible in later mips based emulators since most mods use that format. the source code for applyppf is on romhacking.net though retroarch is already inherently bloaded with menus, not that id mind.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Tony Hawk 2 on my wiiu...dreams man dreams.
Anyway, I was just wondering how high on the priority is getting 2 controllers working in (primarily) Snes core? I would love to show my kids some TMNT action :D

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay so I decided to go a little more in depth with searching why MAME isn't loading Simpsons, Sunset Riders nor Turtles in Time.
It seems like all of those three games go to DSI exception directly after the Game Info / Warning screen, particularly this one:
There are know problems with this game

One or more ROMs/CHDc for this game have not been correctly dumped.

Type OK or move the joystick left then right to continue.
(Or something similar)

I figured out that the MAME core does have an option in the core specific ptions (Quick menu) which disables the Warning messages.
However, by doing this, the game now goes directly into the DSI exception screen.

I still have yet to try different romsets for the roms I have, but find it odd that they don't work since I've been using these for Mame in my 3DS.
I'll continue my eternal search oto get these games working once and for all.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't recall anyone here having unrealistic expectations or being in a hurry about PSX, N64, DC and PSP emulation, in fact PSP and DC are not even expected.

We've joked a bit, suggested other emulators with a dynarec thath COULD be suitable for using in the Medanafen PSX core and nothing else. Bear in mind also that we haven't even talked about a N64 core, by now is only PSX, and no one is in a hurry. First thing @aliaspider did when the first build got released was telling us that the N64, PSX, DC and PSP cores will take a long time, and we understood and are happy with it.

Hell, we still have to see support for other controllers than the Gamepad, it would be HIGHLY unrealistic to expect any kind of advancement for those cores. Now, FIX64's experiment with the Wii Mednafen PSX core was a fun thing to behold, that's for sure, and tells A LOT about how fast we got so many cores working right out of the box.

Last edited by Osakasan,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay so I decided to go a little more in depth with searching why MAME isn't loading Simpsons, Sunset Riders nor Turtles in Time.
It seems like all of those three games go to DSI exception directly after the Game Info / Warning screen, particularly this one:

(Or something similar)

I figured out that the MAME core does have an option in the core specific ptions (Quick menu) which disables the Warning messages.
However, by doing this, the game now goes directly into the DSI exception screen.

I still have yet to try different romsets for the roms I have, but find it odd that they don't work since I've been using these for Mame in my 3DS.
I'll continue my eternal search oto get these games working once and for all.
Mmmm I already tried with other 3 romsets from different places and no dice with the Mame 2003 rpx core
I keep getting DSI error. :/
Could someone post the MD5 checksums for simpsons.zip, tmnt2.zip and ssriders.zip, please?
Or contact me through PM, that would be ideal.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mmmm I already tried with other 3 romsets from different places and no dice with the Mame 2003 rpx core
I keep getting DSI error. :/
Could someone post the MD5 checksums for simpsons.zip, tmnt2.zip and ssriders.zip, please?
Or contact me through PM, that would be ideal.

Have you tried loading Simpsons on the PC version of Retroarch? I get the same error's with Simpsons as you but runs fine on PC Retroarch, so it's got to be a WiiU bug.

Simpsons MD5= 1CA2DE22AFD796C8722BC33ECB96D333
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 MD5= 88367F33B5B517BB12E2FBB483A8E93B
Sunset Riders MD5= 7C0538FCA05E140B0717227B2E0403B5

Last edited by ploggy,

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Have you tried loading Simpsons on the PC version of Retroarch? I get the same error's with Simpsons as you but runs fine on PC Retroarch, so it's got to be a WiiU bug.

I can play the simpsons and sunset riders fine in retroarch wii u

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone been trying theZX Spectrum Fuse core? i just can't get it to work without eventually hitting a DSI error

i've tried builds from 22nd and 26th both elf and rox variants but no joy.

Selecting a game first time seems to do nothing, trying it again gives the crash.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Yeah actually the original set I had are the ones I used for Mame 2003 in my N3DS with RetroArch's core, so I know they should be working fine.

Reactions: ploggy

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Goddamnit, if it weren't for Nintendo and it's odd console's hardware architecture we could be playing that right now on the Wii U. :c
Hopefully the Switch will be made in a much more friendly hardware, hopefully ARM for easy portability.

the diference here and its a big one is the xbox was a 3.2 ghz processor and since most emulators and homebrew apps are single core there is a huge diference between wiiu 1.24 to xbox 360 3.2ghz processor for single emulator core since i doubt any emulator is wriiten for multicore tbh.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone been trying theZX Spectrum Fuse core? i just can't get it to work without eventually hitting a DSI error

i've tried builds from 22nd and 26th both elf and rox variants but no joy.

Selecting a game first time seems to do nothing, trying it again gives the crash.
Same, I never got it to work. That and the NGP Core

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the diference here and its a big one is the xbox was a 3.2 ghz processor and since most emulators and homebrew apps are single core there is a huge diference between wiiu 1.24 to xbox 360 3.2ghz processor for single emulator core since i doubt any emulator is wriiten for multicore tbh.

PCSX2 is, as is Dolphin, but aside from those two, very few emulators use more than one core, the others use two cores AFAIK. Yes, the Xbox has a higher clock speed, but remember the MHz Myth, architecture, instruction sets, no, of transistors, how efficient, etc, are far more vital than raw clock speed. Wii U is definitely as very capable machine, but more complex emulators are still a long ways off.

At least, that's my take on it, clock speed is good, but only takes a CPU so far.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
PCSX2 is, as is Dolphin, but aside from those two, very few emulators use more than one core, the others use two cores AFAIK. Yes, the Xbox has a higher clock speed, but remember the MHz Myth, architecture, instruction sets, no, of transistors, how efficient, etc, are far more vital than raw clock speed. Wii U is definitely as very capable machine, but more complex emulators are still a long ways off.

At least, that's my take on it, clock speed is good, but only takes a CPU so far.
xbox360 was also tricore 3.2ghz processor versus wiiu tricore 1.24ghz processor they are the same architeture so yeah unless the wiiu has some absurd complex code to make up for that diference i doubt it, the only theing the wiiu had was a better gpu speed wich made games look abit better than ps3/xbox360.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck