Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The DSI errors are something that ALWAYS occur to me (like I mentioned in one of my posts detailing my issues) whenever I switch cores while a game is running.
Question, has snes9x been updated to 1.55 or are we still on 1.54.1? Not only for MSU-1 but I'm more interested in the supposed DSP-4 improvements.
AFAIK Snes9x core is up to date with the latest version of Snes9x, which should be 1.55, but the libretro core for some reason does not update the version string to reflect the correct version.

I was the one who sent the PR last time so that it says 1.54.1, otherwise it would still say 1.53 :lol:

Reactions: sideskroll

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correction, Have you tried an MSU-1 game on the current core? Like YOU personally? According to qwertymodo 1.54.1 (which is the port we currently have) not only has no MSU-1 support but it was something like a "patch" for the time being.

The docs are wrong by the way.

What?? That isn't right, I know for a fact I was able to play MSU-1 games on RetroArch Wii U in the past, I know for a fact I've played them. So yeah, MSU-1 has worked since 1.54.1, and well, since people think I'm lying, I'm now going to have to show footage :( As if today didn't suck enough.

Son of a bitch I need a break.

@ShadowOne333 Please tell me you've used MSU-1 games on 1.54.1 in the past...

Last edited by the_randomizer,

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
AFAIK Snes9x core is up to date with the latest version of Snes9x, which should be 1.55, but the libretro core for some reason does not update the version string to reflect the correct version.

I was the one who sent the PR last time so that it says 1.54.1, otherwise it would still say 1.53 :lol:
smh... And they ask for "proper information" when reporting bugs... How can we give ANY information at all if even the strings say whatever they feel like saying ...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What?? That isn't right, I know for a fact I was able to play MSU-1 games on RetroArch Wii U in the past, I know for a fact I've played them. So yeah, MSU-1 has worked since 1.54.1, and well, since people think I'm lying, I'm now going to have to show footage :( As if today didn't suck enough.

No, don't worry. @ShadowOne333 said its the version string missing. The core is 1.55 (supposedly).

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

@ShadowOne333 Please tell me you've used MSU-1 games on 1.54.1 in the past...
No need of footage dude.
I did a complete playthrough of my Link to the Past Redux hack with MSU-1 several months ago, so I know main Snes9x has MSU-1 working ;)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need of footage dude.
I did a complete playthrough of my Link to the Past Redux hack with MSU-1 several months ago, so I know main Snes9x has MSU-1 working ;)

Then what is he talking about? We both know Snes9x has had MSU-1 for several months, predating 1.55.

smh... And they ask for "proper information" when reporting bugs... How can we give ANY information at all if even the strings say whatever they feel like saying ...

No, don't worry. @ShadowOne333 said its the version string missing. The core is 1.55 (supposedly).
Not in the past, it wasn't, when I played MMX2 MSU-1 like five months ago. MSU-1 has been in Snes9x longer than 1.55.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
And on that note, anyone knows if snes9x libretro supports soft patching for MSU-1 games? Or is it necessary to patch the actual rom? (I know main branch snes9x supports it)

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Yes, you ninja'd your last post from me. Doesn't matter what that said. It still shows up as 1.54.1

MSU-1 was added to Snes9x last year, November or so, before 1.55 was released. It was just that 1.55 was when it was "officially" implemented. I knew I wasn't crazy that I played it on the Wii U last year.
https://github.com/snes9xgit/snes9x/blob/master/msu1.h
If what you say is true (and I have no reason to believe its not) then the libretro guys probably ported a RC SNES9x. Cause 1.54.1 didn't have it. Only the test versions.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
MSU-1 was added to Snes9x last year, November or so, before 1.55 was released. It was just that 1.55 was when it was "officially" implemented. I knew I wasn't crazy that I played it on the Wii U last year.
https://github.com/snes9xgit/snes9x/blob/master/msu1.h
Yes, you ninja'd your last post from me. Doesn't matter what that said. It still shows up as 1.54.1
Only a dev might know for sure if Snes9x is on pair or not with the latest 1.55 version.
One can tell by checking the commits, but perhaps @LibretroRetroArc or @Radius4 could tell us if the current Snes9x core is on pair with Snes9x 1.55

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only a dev might know for sure if Snes9x is on pair or not with the latest 1.55 version.
One can tell by checking the commits, but perhaps @LibretroRetroArc or @Radius4 could tell us if the current Snes9x core is on pair with Snes9x 1.55

Why was I quoted? :lol: I was just trying to prove I've used MSU-1 in non 1.55 builds on RA in the past, nightly builds lol. 1.6.0 builds IIRC.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Well, returning to my OP. The reason I'm interested in having the latest 1.55 (which I don't think is the one RA is using ATM) is because apparently theres been some improvements to DSP-4 emulation (namely Top Gear 3000) which is a game I've been dying to replay for a long time.
I wonder why would they not adopt byuus way of dealing with chips? By referencing external roms. I already have the roms (to use with bsnes) wouldn't it be possible to port that functionality over?

Last edited by sideskroll,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Correction, Have you tried an MSU-1 game on the current core? Like YOU personally? According to qwertymodo 1.54.1 (which is the port we currently have) not only has no MSU-1 support but it was something like a "patch" for the time being.

The docs are wrong by the way.
I myself have just tried TMNT MSU and it play fine, the only issue I can hear is the Music is far louder than the SFX :P

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I myself have just tried TMNT MSU and it play fine, the only issue I can hear is the Music is far louder than the SFX :P
That confirms it as being one of the RC before 1.55.
(Also you might want to track down an updated hack of that rom if you're interested. They've all (mostly) been updated toqertys standards :)

Reactions: ploggy

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Meh I'm not too fussed on them tbh, the filesize is too big to be worth it to me. There does seem to be a slight scratchiness to the audio too :/ but speed wise the gameplay is perfect. No slowdown whatsoever :)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh I'm not too fussed on them tbh, the filesize is too big to be worth it to me. There does seem to be a slight scratchiness to the audio too :/ but speed wise the gameplay is perfect. No slowdown whatsoever :)

You can also load each PCM file in Audacity, go to "normalize" and reduce the decibel level, and then save them back as a PCM file.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Oh btw guys, I redownloaded the latest nightlies and deleted my retroarch.cfg files.
The cores and booting roms now works fine :)
False alarm there with the stutter lol
OOT, I tried using the tool you link to in your sig (RPL Studio) to edit the genesis plus and gambatte cores (create different cores for different settings b changing the identifier name) but it apparently can't open the files. It doesn't give me any error or anything, it just doesn't do anything! Am I doing something wrong or are the files non editable with the tool?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OOT, I tried using the tool you link to in your sig (RPL Studio) to edit the genesis plus and gambatte cores (create different cores for different settings b changing the identifier name) but it apparently can't open the files. It doesn't give me any error or anything, it just doesn't do anything! Am I doing something wrong or are the files non editable with the tool?
I recall having issues with the tool as well, I had to do some Hex editing to fix the re-encrypted RPX files, but as far as I remember that issue got sorted out.

You can read about it here:
https://github.com/BullyWiiPlaza/RPL-Studio/issues/1

You can see my posts there as well as what I did to manually fix the encrypted RPX.
Trying following that, perhaps that gets them to run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk