Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

SapphireBulletBill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There you go again. Anyway some cores require a bios file to run so you'll need that, for anymore assistance look at this https://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Main_Page or read the first page of this thread here https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-wiiu-wip.447670/
Well, in the first attempt to load a ROM, there was a system memory error which scared the fuck out of me. The second attempt successfully loaded a ROM. When I quit retroarch, the system crashed. Very reliable emulator.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, in the first attempt to load a ROM, there was a system memory error which scared the fuck out of me. The second attempt successfully loaded a ROM. When I quit retroarch, the system crashed. Very reliable emulator.

Snarky, are we? With that attitude, you're never going to get the help you need. Countless people seem to load it up and play the emulator just fine, you clearly have something misconfigured. You really need to cut the cynicism.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Was this PCSX1 or PCSX Rearmed?
or did both have the same issue?
This was PCSX1, ReArmed was worse (what with it being for ARM)
Well that's disappointing lol If that's the case then the only choice we have left is a standalone port of the PCSX Emulator? and that would be an big undertaking :( and highly unlikely to happen.

So we're back to the Mednafen Core Dynarec then :P
Mednafen's our best bet. Just waiting on the x86 stuff and then we can get cooking.
Snarky, are we? With that attitude, you're never going to get the help you need. Countless people seem to load it up and play the emulator just fine, you clearly have something misconfigured. You really need to cut the cynicism.
Just don't help him! ;D

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mednafen's our best bet. Just waiting on the x86 stuff and then we can get cooking.

Just don't help him! ;D

I can see the Switch using PCSX-ReARMed if/when it ever gets hacked, however, but that won't happen for a while at least.

Reactions: QuarkTheAwesome

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Just don't help him! ;D
I've been talking with the guy who made PCSX360 and he seems to think Mednafen would be a bad choice for WiiU and PCSX ran at 25-30fps in interpreter mode on 360 and could be potentially faster on WiiU

and This guy knows his shit.. got a Dynarec to work on XBOX360 and he made one for PPSSPP 360 :)

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: DarthDub

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been talking with the guy who made PCSX360 and he seems to think Mednafen would be a bad choice for WiiU and PCSX ran at 25-30fps in interpreter mode on 360 and could be potentially faster on WiiU

I trust Twinaphex's judgment in using Mednafen, it's more accurate than PCSX but can be made to run full speed on Wii U. Let's just stick to that and not have to worry about other cores, okay? I don't want this to be complicated or confusing. Xbox 360 and Wii U are two different architectures, what's good on one won't necessarily be good for the other. I don't want any confusion over this >>

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I trust Twinaphex's judgment in using Mednafen, it's more accurate than PCSX but can be made to run full speed on Wii U. Let's just stick to that and not have to worry about other cores, okay? I don't want this to be complicated or confusing.
Whats confusing.. PCSX potentially no Dynarec needed and Mednafen Dynarec (when ever it comes) needed?

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
While that's true with Mednafen in its current state, I think the Wii U would be absolutely able to handle it with the help of a dynarec.
Mednafen also already works under libretro, which means some poor sod doesn't have to understand how the GPU emulation works in PCSX to try and get a framebuffer out of it.
That said, if someone's willing to handle the GPU side of PCSX then yeah, it's a very good choice for Wii U in its current state.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats confusing.. PCSX potentially no Dynarec needed and Mednafen Dynarec (when ever it comes) needed?

I meant keeping the PCSX core to Mednafen, which Twinpahex has a bounty for. It will get faster and run full speed on the Wii U. We really don't need any other PSX core. The problem with PCSX is one would have to make the plugins work on Wii U as well. GX2 code is a real nightmare.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While that's true with Mednafen in its current state, I think the Wii U would be absolutely able to handle it with the help of a dynarec.
Mednafen also already works under libretro, which means some poor sod doesn't have to understand how the GPU emulation works in PCSX to try and get a framebuffer out of it.
That said, if someone's willing to handle the GPU side of PCSX then yeah, it's a very good choice for Wii U in its current state.
Understand I'm not saying its one or the other.I not saying only do PCSX and throw Mednafen away.. Why not have both :)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's starting to come across as an punk so he can go eff himself as far as I'm concerned

Like, I'm trying to help him, being firm, etc, and him calling the emulator "a piece of shit" is totally uncalled for. If he wants help, he really needs to calm his teats. I'd like to see him program one better. Like, what the hell is he doing wrong?

Is he using a low-grade SD card or what?

Reactions: ploggy

SapphireBulletBill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are useless. I just wanted to play some old games through the Wii U Homebrew, but RetroArch is incapable of doing the simplest tasks. I'm going to upload a new topic, because I don't have time for faggots like you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I've tried prime once
    I've had better tasting battery acid
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    has anyone tried to move Pokemon save files from emulator to console?
    no, open up a thread in the forums for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He already asked earlier
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    I am trying to find someone with knowledge on that willing to help me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I and Hayato warned him not to, but he won't listen
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa,
    I don't listen? What didn't I listen at? I just want to know all the possible risks on that part
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    Hayato even said it's dangerous to backup the save files to CFW
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    how is this dangerous? A ton of people did this it's the most common thing to do with CFW
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then do it
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    dude, whatever
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not trying to hate, I tried to help you in the switch noob thread by asking for you, but you don't want to accept the answers you got, so do whatever then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that bigonya squeezing bulmas tiddies
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa, Man, first of all thanks for your willing to help, much appreciated. But, it's not that I "don't want to listen", rather than I need soemone to EXPLAIN to me how and why all these are risky.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Putting your dick in certain areas is always a risk
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    For example, HOW is is risky to get banned if you extract the save files to the CFW?
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    isn't this proccess be done while you're offline?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We are not Nintendo, so we don't know exactly how/why/when they ban, but better to stay on the safe side and not do shady stuff, if you don't want to be banned. Hayato is one of the most knowledgeable ones here on the subject and I believe what he says.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    300 bucks hmmm lol
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa, Yes ofc we don't know how Nintendo bans work, but if there are situations where a lot of people have tried safely then we can at least assume that this path is pretty much safe. To say don't try anything homebrew relative just to be safe forever is the easiest thing to say to someone. What I am trying to figure out here is with which cases and what actions got most of the people their bans for.
    A @ ATEMVEGETA: @BigOnYa, Yes ofc we don't know how Nintendo bans work, but if there are situations where a lot...