Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best thing to do is try out the cores, and make notes of what works good, and the ones that don't, try the previous or the next build.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
The RA forwarder channel just loads the most recently used RPX at the start of the session...

I think this might be a factor in the 160-2203 issues people are getting. This is all just guesswork (haven't been able to run the newer builds, let alone replicate the issue!) but I'd say that this standalone RetroArch you guys keep mentioning has an incorrect method of loading a core on startup; which leads to the loader getting fed a bad RPX thus triggering the 2203. My best guess for the trigger at this point is the "libretro_path" section of the config files. Shadow's one looks like the following:
libretro_path = "sd:/retroarch/cores/mgba_libretro.rpx"
I would think that RA sees that path in the config and attempts to load the core, then (mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble) and the loader throws the 2203. For a quick acid test, can someone remove/clear/fiddle with that line in their config and see how RetroArch reacts? If it will work without loading a core on startup, then that narrows the bug right down.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this might be a factor in the 160-2203 issues people are getting. This is all just guesswork (haven't been able to run the newer builds, let alone replicate the issue!) but I'd say that this standalone RetroArch you guys keep mentioning has an incorrect method of loading a core on startup; which leads to the loader getting fed a bad RPX thus triggering the 2203. My best guess for the trigger at this point is the "libretro_path" section of the config files. Shadow's one looks like the following:

I would think that RA sees that path in the config and attempts to load the core, then (mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble) and the loader throws the 2203. For a quick acid test, can someone remove/clear/fiddle with that line in their config and see how RetroArch reacts? If it will work without loading a core on startup, then that narrows the bug right down.

Interesting, while I admit I haven't tested out the builds past the last working one (5/22), I should be able to test this, hopefully @ShadowOne333 @A Plus Ric can test it out as well.

NgXAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Line removed and no 2203 error (I had it before) but quit and restart, 2203 error...

Last edited by NgXAlex,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I open mgba usually and load right to other cores from it and use playlists. It's why the retroarch main rpx not working isn't bothering me lol
Yeah, renaming a copy of mgba core as "retroarch.rpx" in the apps seems to do the trick, not getting 160 of death so far.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes so following the advice of others here I have deleted the standalone retroarch launcher thingy and replaced it with a renamed mGBA.rpx and no more system memory errors and now the game and watch core I could never get to work now works perfectly. Happy days lol

Reactions: cucholix

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes so following the advice of others here I have deleted the standalone retroarch launcher thingy and replaced it with a renamed mGBA.rpx and no more system memory errors and now the game and watch core I could never get to work now works perfectly. Happy days lol

Huh, weird that doing this is a workaround, but that it works so well, this is good news to getting around issues :P

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Huh, weird that doing this is a workaround, but that it works so well, this is good news to getting around issues :P
Yep the workaround has now gave me zero issues I have loaded it then switched off the wiiu several times and it loads every time now.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep the workaround has now gave me zero issues I have loaded it then switched off the wiiu several times and it loads every time now.

Interesting, so if i ever encounter a Wii U OS crash, I delete the main RetroArch RPX, get another (like Snes9x 1.54), rename that to the main one, and it works just fine? I'll be damned. What's weird is that you can switch cores which is odd seeing as the cores are in other folders.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting, so if i ever encounter a Wii U OS crash, I delete the main RetroArch RPX, get another (like Snes9x 1.54), rename that to the main one, and it works just fine? I'll be damned. What's weird is that you can switch cores which is odd seeing as the cores are in other folders.
Yep don't know how or why it works but it does and you can still switch cores ect.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password