Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

R0B0T0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not for me either

Thanks for confirming. I'm trying to use the new HID to Vpad functionality to map a USB controller to player 1, but it is impossible as the HID controllers start at port #5 and you can't navigate to that from port #1 without losing menu control.

Does anyone know if the "All users control menu" setting has been fixed since the 05/22 build?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check it out, set the amount of controllers to 16, scroll down to 15 and set it for the wii u game pad, then set up your hid controller on like 6

R0B0T0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check it out, set the amount of controllers to 16, scroll down to 15 and set it for the wii u game pad, then set up your hid controller on like 6

I've tried that, but since the "All users control menu" setting isn't working properly, putting the gamepad anywhere other than player 1 makes it non-functional (at least on the 5/22 build).

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, I've been chugging down the list, and found that CrocoDS (Amstrad) seems to just work? Didn't even need a makefile tweak...
RPX/ELF
Same deal with gw; RPX/ELF

Once I know whether they work or not I think I'll put together a PR to get all the cores that work (except Dosbox) onto the buildbot.

Last edited by QuarkTheAwesome,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks; just to confirm, are you saying the "All users control menu" setting works for you? Every every connected controller can control the menu?
I didn't try to connect another controller, but i did attempt to use a usb keyboard and was able to switch the first controller without getting locked out of the control settings

What roms do i use for game and watch?

CrocoDs rpx black screens when loading a game, i tried the core on my computer and it played the game fine. I'll try elf now

When i load the CrocoDS.elf with homebrew launcher it goes back to homebrew launcher right away. I'm going to try a different sd to see if this is the problem

I retried Vice x64.elf on a different sd, Black Screen
Same result on the CrocoDS.elf

QuarkTheAwesome, could you see about picodrive also? I'm curious about that core.

The Game & Watch.rpx works good, the display is squeeshed on the only rom i could find, Donkey Kong, and i looked for i while for it too. I'll test the elf next

Someone else is going to have to test the elf's, i think my setup wont load them, there is no way that none of them work, I have CBHC and i think my version of the homebrew launcher is for rpx.

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Maybe changing cpu cycles on core options can help (pc retroarch has that options), not sure what value will work best but a too high value can cause more slowdown.

Update: On pc setting CPU cycles x10000 to 2 or 3 gives full speed, you can start trying form there.
that makes it worse the best i got was like cycles 10000 set to 1 and cycles 1000 set to 8 or 9 and its still very slow, i know dosbox has framskipping but i cant acess it due to keyboard not being in so i cant press control+f8

https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Performance#CPU_Core_.28speed_up.29

does this even work on dosbox retroarch?

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Game & Watch.rpx works good, the display is squeeshed on the only rom i could find, Donkey Kong, and i looked for i while for it too. I'll test the elf next

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Someone else is going to have to test the elf's, i think my setup wont load them, there is no way that none of them work, I have CBHC and i think my version of the homebrew launcher is for rpx.
I noticed with the 2.1 ho,ebrew launcher I have to restart my wiiu (or maybe just hbl) after using retroarch before I can launch and elf file

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time i tried to load a elf from homebrew, it either went back to homebrew or froze at a black screen, But if i remember correctly, i think there was a different version of the homebrew launcher that was for rpx, and i'm pretty sure that is the one i have.

yeah i cant get the f11 to be emulated on the gamepad, what the hell is the retropad option on retroarch? what is a retropad? also why cant we just map keyboard buttons to gamepad buttons, makes no sence imo.
Yeahhhhh!!!! That's what I'm talkin about!!!!!

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time i tried to load a elf from homebrew, it either went back to homebrew or froze at a black screen, But if i remember correctly, i think there was a different version of the homebrew launcher that was for rpx, and i'm pretty sure that is the one i have.

Yeahhhhh!!!! That's what I'm talkin about!!!!!
I can load rpx and elf on hbl 2.1 so I doubt that's the prob, but I cannot run an elf after exiting retroarch

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't updated homebrew launcher since CBHC came out, I don't use it for anything at all any more.

I noticed with the 2.1 ho,ebrew launcher I have to restart my wiiu (or maybe just hbl) after using retroarch before I can launch and elf file
What are you trying to load?

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any elf file lol. It works pre retroarch, doesn't after lol that's why I said might just be a prob the way RA exits now. Never used to happen

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
What roms do i use for game and watch?

CrocoDs rpx black screens when loading a game, i tried the core on my computer and it played the game fine. I'll try elf now

When i load the CrocoDS.elf with homebrew launcher it goes back to homebrew launcher right away. I'm going to try a different sd to see if this is the problem
For game and watch roms retroarch have them. They come with a an overlay for each rom. I can't link them but search something like "retroarch game and watch roms"
Thanks @QuarkTheAwesome will test after work

Reactions: peteruk
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Can it be compiled for c16?
Doesn't look like that's the case, no. There's quite a range of things it can do (VIC20, PET, PLUS4, CBM...) but it seems 16 is not on that list. They only have c64 and c128 on the Linux buildbot anyway so I'm cautious about going for those other systems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0