Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the latest version no crashes so far lol now a question about the xmb any way to change it from a white background??

Download the assets from the PC version, place them in SD:/retroarch/media/assets, and be sure that the config file reflects that path. Changed it, exited the emulator and started it up, worked like a charm. But yeah like ploggy said, be sure to install and tell RA where to find the folder.

Worst comes to worse, I can send the files your way

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Download the assets from the PC version, place them in SD:/retroarch/media/assets, and be sure that the config file reflects that path. Changed it, exited the emulator and started it up, worked like a charm. But yeah like ploggy said, be sure to install and tell RA where to find the folder.

Worst comes to worse, I can send the files your way
Done that and xmb gives me a white screen with slightly darker white writing it workable and is better than what we had before but I would like color lol.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done that and xmb gives me a white screen with slightly darker white writing it workable and is better than what we had before but I would like color lol.

Then something isn't correctly set up, I did exactly as i stated above and it worked fine. I don't know what to tell you.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just waiting on assets downloading using online updater then I will report back.

If need be, I can upload the folder and send that and my config file your way. I can confirm it working, I can post a screenshot sometime today. Also, it'll be fixed when it's fixed, be patient lol. He doesn't take requests.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: AmandaRose

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ok I'm trying to scan my games to generate a playlist but couldn't get it done, I downloaded games database from RA Wii U updater, it downloaded sd:/retroarch/database/rbd/bunch_of_rbd_from_all_the_consoles then I scanned (from Wii U) a folder with just one game, a message in yellow at the bottom of the screen says "finished scanning" then I see the SD doesn't have any playlist file on it :unsure:

Someone could explain me step by step how to generate a playlist? I have the app RetroArch playlist buddy on PC, but not sure what modifications needs to be done.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If need be, I can upload the folder and send that and my config file your way. I can confirm it working, I can post a screenshot sometime today. Also, it'll be fixed when it's fixed, be patient lol. He doesn't take requests.
Sorry for the delay had a small family emergency to sort out if you could send me the files that would be great as I still can't get it to work lol.

aliaspider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
maybe that one file isn't in the database, try another one, zipped work too I think but it might be better to start testing with extracted files for now. ( I don't mean mame/fba roms of course, those should stay zipped)

Reactions: cucholix

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the delay had a small family emergency to sort out if you could send me the files that would be great as I still can't get it to work lol.

Don't worry about it, take care what you need to. Once you download it, place the file and extract this to SD:/retroarch folder, and if it asks to merge or replace anything, let it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1i3usEfPbYrbmlpSnJJdUdQZUk/view?usp=sharing

From there, I use notepad++ to edit config files, if you use that (which I recommend highly), go to
line 17, and change

Code:
assets_directory = "sd:/retroarch/media/assets"

copy and paste that over that string, save, and then load up RetroArch, hope this helps. Be sure you extract media.7z to the retroarch root folder and only that RA root folder as shown here:
http://i.imgur.com/eb62FQF.png

Last edited by the_randomizer,

R0B0T0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is the online updater located in the Retroarch menu?

I'm using the latest nightly with a fresh .cfg file, and I can't find it anywhere. Other than that, everything seems to be working fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1