Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you really need a bigger executable that can be done. It could be increased to 70+ mb if needed. Did you guys actually hit the limit?
The RetroArch team hit the 6MB+ limit for the ELF files for the FBA cores and the MAME ones.
I believe MAME is at the 20+ MB range, so they need a way to boot 6+MB ELF files for those cores and others which might need it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And who is gonna graduate the cores from nightly to stable? who is gonna build them manually, test them and add them to the downloader?
It's a legit question, not sarcasm. We already pour countless hours into this. I don't see people stepping in to curate cores for stable releases
Aren't they already sorted out/built/added automatically in the buildbot and by RetroArch too?
IIRC RetroArch has different sections for Stable (1.3.6, 1.3.5, 1.3.4, etc) and other section for nightlies per day.
A download app would only need to grab the latest Stable version land same for the nightlies

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Last edited by Billy Acuña,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Happyness <3
5862c0009ca1555ed3c8cb9aecb712a8.jpg

2c35627730fc80de84529133238c72f9.jpg

7fd2edcc83de373d64818831808f731c.jpg

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
The RetroArch team hit the 6MB+ limit for the ELF files for the FBA cores and the MAME ones.
I believe MAME is at the 20+ MB range, so they need a way to boot 6+MB ELF files for those cores and others which might need it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Aren't they already sorted out/built/added automatically in the buildbot and by RetroArch too?
IIRC RetroArch has different sections for Stable (1.3.6, 1.3.5, 1.3.4, etc) and other section for nightlies per day.
A download app would only need to grab the latest Stable version land same for the nightlies

That doesn't answer my question.
What's a stable core? I pick it today as stable and that counts? Stable would imply it was tested and functioning reliably for the platform, so it would most likely need to be tagged, built and tested manualy.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That doesn't answer my question.
What's a stable core? I pick it today as stable and that counts? Stable would imply it was tested and functioning reliably for the platform, so it would most likely need to be tagged, built and tested manualy.
Oh well for the Wii U there's no stable release yet.
I was talking and making an example for the 3DS as the base, which it could be applied there.
Once more builds and commits are made and you guys decide to make it a stable release, then it might be plausible too.

I was just giving the idea though. :P

Korudo

Koru Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those who got 3rd strike working, how did you get it to run? I keep getting "no item" and sent back to be menu. This also happens with Warzard/Red Earth. The other 2 SF III games work fine. I have the same issue with larger Neo Geo roms like Matrimelee and Rage of the Dragons.

Also, snes9x won't load my roms folder. It simply stays stuck forever (forcing me to hard reset) after I hit A to go into the romlist. Same with the NES core. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh and before I forget, I tested a few other Midway titles on the Midway core and although they are sluggish at the moment, they boot and run. I tested WWF Wrestlemania: The arcade game and 2 on 2 Open Ice Challenge. Others I tried (Primal Rage, Cruis'n) don't boot at all and lock the system.

liljon042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those who got 3rd strike working, how did you get it to run? I keep getting "no item" and sent back to be menu. This also happens with Warzard/Red Earth. The other 2 SF III games work fine. I have the same issue with larger Neo Geo roms like Matrimelee and Rage of the Dragons.

Also, snes9x won't load my roms folder. It simply stays stuck forever (forcing me to hard reset) after I hit A to go into the romlist. Same with the NES core. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh and before I forget, I tested a few other Midway titles on the Midway core and although they are sluggish at the moment, they boot and run. I tested WWF Wrestlemania: The arcade game and 2 on 2 Open Ice Challenge. Others I tried (Primal Rage, Cruis'n) don't boot at all and lock the system.
For CPS3 roms you need to have FB Alpha 0.2.97.30 style roms, just Google that and I'm sure you'll find it.
4Gwar0Oh.jpg
proof jjba heritage for the future works :D

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Look at google for "retroarch third strike romset", you need to make the romset by your own.

Reactions: KiiWii

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the integer scale option working? I can't seem to force any other resolution than stretched fullscreen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    She said see ya later boy lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: She said see ya later boy lol