Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your comments have got to be demoralizing for the devs. Why don't you take the few minutes it takes to try the new builds and offer some constructive feedback instead of reacting to other people's experiences (which for all you know are user error and nothing else)?

I only had 5 minutes available to have a quick go and managed to play 4 games from 4 different systems, one after the other, without quitting RA and without any errors. Will test more later on but great work so far guys, thanks for the improvements.

Sorry, I just woke up, I'll try them right away, forget about what I said :P

Antonio Soler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The new retrorach.rpx works well for me never had any dsi errors or anything (other than in quake but thats always been there for me)
Which one did you got? I downloaded the nightly that was present in the repositories about one hour ago. The retrorach.rpx didn´t loaded, going back to HBL, so i copied SNES9X core to retroarch directory and renamed it to retroarch.rpx, overwriting the prevoius one. It loaded, but i'm getting trouble when changing cores for the second time. It displays an dsi error message. Already deleted the cfgs and still the same problem.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which one did you got? I downloaded the nightly that was present in the repositories about one hour ago. The retrorach.rpx didn´t loaded, going back to HBL, so i copied SNES9X core to retroarch directory and renamed it to retroarch.rpx, overwriting the prevoius one. It loaded, but i'm getting trouble when changing cores for the second time. It displays an dsi error message. Already deleted the cfgs and still the same problem.
What I did was
copy snes9x from latest nightly to the retroarch folder (renaming it)
set the default core directory,
boot a snes game,
make save state,
exit retroarch,
and everything worked perfectly

Antonio Soler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What I did was
copy snes9x from latest nightly to the retroarch folder (renaming it)
set the default core directory,
boot a snes game,
make save state,
exit retroarch,
and everything worked perfectly
Did all these, except for making a save state. Will try again later when i'm back home.

efen3001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your comments have got to be demoralizing for the devs. Why don't you take the few minutes it takes to try the new builds and offer some constructive feedback instead of reacting to other people's experiences (which for all you know are user error and nothing else)?

I only had 5 minutes available to have a quick go and managed to play 4 games from 4 different systems, one after the other, without quitting RA and without any errors. Will test more later on but great work so far guys, thanks for the improvements.
Did you try with mgba core?

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The new build which loads the separate cores depends on being launched from HBL for now. You also have to set the core directory in the settings. I haven't yet tested if deleting the cfg files makes it auto-configure the core directory to sd:/retroarch/cores. You also have to set the core info directory in your settings, and copy all the info files from the latest nightly as well.

Last edited by brienj,
Reactions: VinsCool

Antonio Soler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The new build which loads the separate cores depends on being launched from HBL for now. You also have to set the core directory in the settings. I haven't yet tested if deleting the cfg files makes it auto-configure the core directory to sd:/retroarch/cores. You also have to set the core info directory in your settings, and copy all the info files from the latest nightly as well.
Ok, i´m using HBL, but through the channell installed in my home menu. Should I launch HBL with Haxchi to get away with dsi error when changing cores?

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i´m using HBL, but through the channell installed in my home menu. Should I launch HBL with Haxchi to get away with dsi error when changing cores?
I believe he implemented the HBL launching from the non-channel version, so you may have to use that one, I haven't had a chance to test yet.

Last edited by brienj,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe he implemented the HBL launching from the non-channel version, so you may have to use that one, I haven't had a chance to test yet.

So to get this set up properly:

Open up Haxchi (hold B for the libfat speed boost), then HBL
Open up the the all-in-one RA app
Set the directories for the core, config the Wii U pro pad, saves, etc
Save config
Exit
Open up app again

Do I have that right?

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
So to get this set up properly:

Open up Haxchi (hold B for the libfat speed boost), then HBL
Open up the the all-in-one RA app
Set the directories for the core, config the Wii U pro pad, saves, etc
Save config
Exit
Open up app again

Do I have that right?
I simply downloaded the latest nightly rpx files,
Copied them to SD,
Loaded the main Retroarch app from withing the channel version of HBL,
Loaded a rom/content & it automatically found the core that works with that rom ;)

I didnt have to set anything up at all. Switching core's while still in retroarch works just fine too.

Last edited by BIFFTAZ,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I simply downloaded the latest nightly rpx files,
Copied them to SD,
Loaded the main Retroarch app from withing the channel version of HBL,
Loaded a rom/content & it automatically found the core that works with that rom ;)

I didnt have to set anything up at all. Switching core's while still in retroarch works just fine too.

Er, I meant telling RA where the directories are, as I don't use the normal locations for the ROMs, saves, etc. Surely, I'd need to do at least that and config the Pro controller.

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Er, I meant telling RA where the directories are, as I don't use the normal locations for the ROMs, saves, etc. Surely, I'd need to do at least that and config the Pro controller.
Yeah well it would be a new/fresh install if your using this new version with core auto loading, So I'd guess you would have to take a few minutes to set that up...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Fun fact - if you seen someone outside your house, looking inside your window, your not being... +1