Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anyone had any luck with either

a) fixing mame issue of forcing some vertical games to display rotated in landscape, for ex. scramble
b) getting any rom to work in fuse. every time i get kicked back to the menu

thanks

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anyone had any luck with either

a) fixing mame issue of forcing some vertical games to display rotated in landscape, for ex. scramble
b) getting any rom to work in fuse. every time i get kicked back to the menu

thanks
a) screen rotation has not been implemented yet

b) funnily enough I have spent all day trying to get fuse to load I have searched several Internet sites for help downloaded all the required bios files but no luck it just does not work.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I think the fuse core is just borked atm. Shame I wanted to get my Jet Set Willy on :)
Also I don't think there's any keyboard support for any the Computer cores anyway, so even if it did work there would be game compatibility issues.

Last edited by ploggy,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
3ds already had its first estable. It's the one i have installed

Good to know they are aiming for a estable build on Wii U. This was starting to look like a simple poc

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3ds already had its first estable. It's the one i have installed

Good to know they are aiming for a estable build on Wii U. This was starting to look like a simple poc

It was stated from the OP that the Wii U port was going to be stable though lol. These things take time XD

"First stable appearing on new platforms for the first time!" That's some Engrish

Your point? XD

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
It was stated from the OP that the Wii U port was going to be stable though lol. These things take time XD

Well you know, some signals were discouraging for me. Alias attitude, the fact that the staff have only one Wii U, the U version not being even mentioned in the blog... It really made it look like a simple experiment.

Well, at least i'm excited again. Waiting to see the first Wii U stable versión. And 1.40 for pc of course

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you know, some signals were discouraging for me. Alias attitude, the fact that the staff have only one Wii U, the U version not being even mentioned in the blog... It really made it look like a simple experiment.

Well, at least i'm excited again. Waiting to see the first Wii U stable versión. And 1.40 for pc of course

You have to realize that these devs are hella busy, you have to cut them some slack, can you blame them given their sheer workload? Look at things from their perspective, they put up with a lot of crap, we gotta respect the amount of work. Just saying. A suggestion, trying to see it from their shoes, that's all. The reason there wasn't a Wii U port was because the devs didn't have a Wii U till now.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
You have to realize that these devs are hella busy, you have to cut them some slack, can you blame them given their sheer workload? Look at things from their perspective, they put up with a lot of crap, we gotta respect the amount of work. Just saying. A suggestion, trying to see it from their shoes, that's all. The reason there wasn't a Wii U port was because the devs didn't have a Wii U till now.

I realize that, i've been following Libretro and using Retroarch for quite a long time, but no messaging coming from them really cooled muy expectations. I mean, let's put an example: They are in full force on the Vulkan backend for pc and it shows, with the paraLLEI core and now Vulkan support for the MedPSX core, wich makes me excited even after knowing that, apparently, their Vulkan backend only runs on the lastest GPU lines.

On the other side the messaging here is "don't expect toó much of it" and "toó mucho work, it may never be done" with no mention of it on the official blog. If thats not discouraging i don't know how to define it.

And yes, they can take all the time they want. I can wait, i know it will be worth it, but seriously...

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
b) funnily enough I have spent all day trying to get fuse to load I have searched several Internet sites for help downloaded all the required bios files but no luck it just does not work.
Thanks. I was convinced it must be my setup as a return to menu often suggests that. I too tried putting bios, 48.rom etc in various folders, different rom types, various nightlies etc but no luck. Will wait for the 1.4.0 release :) It's not as big a showstopper as the mame issue as fbzx works really well with a classic controller pro in vWii mode.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For emulators that are currently available both as RPX and ELF, which executable should I be using?
Is there a difference in features or stability?

MAME you definitely want in RPX as its size exceeds the ELF size limits. For other emulators, use ELF :P

Edit: PSX only works in RPX

yoshinatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
MAME you definitely want in RPX as its size exceeds the ELF size limits. For other emulators, use ELF :P

Edit: PSX only works in RPX

Go for ELF builds of everything which is not MAME, FBA or Mednafen PSX.
For those three go for the RPX builds.

Thanks for the help guys!
One more thing. For the best possible compatibility and stability, should I be using the regular SNES9X, or the "2010" version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof