Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snes9x2010 runs fine though, as does almost any other core from the last nightly (haven't tested PCEfast nor Wonderswan) aside of FBA2012

There's no way to load SF3 Third Strike via Mame 2003, isn it?

Don't know, I haven't tried it, I tend to avoid the other Snes9x cores because of their inaccuracies (they use a lot of speed hacks to get full speed, Snes9x 2010/Next is for weaker machines to run full speed). Snes9x 1.53 mainline simply crashes after loading a game, even after deleting the old config files. I don't even know what builds of that work past 11-22.:unsure:

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but all the core I could compile are the one's in the pack now :(
For the rest it's up to the professionals :)

Have you tested Snes9x 1.53 recently? Can you let me know if last night's build of it was broken or if you've had any luck running other builds of it? I can't run any of the nightly builds of Snes9x mainline it seems, despite removing all config files.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I test mainline snes9x exclusively pretty much every day and the .elf builds to this point did not have any trouble for me just fyi.

Then why am I getting DSI exceptions? Like, I've deleted the config files and tried the latest Snes9x build. Core booted up fine, but I got a crash >.>

I'm about to pull my hair out over this.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then why am I getting DSI exceptions? Like, I've deleted the config files and tried the latest Snes9x build. Core booted up fine, but I got a crash >.>

I'm about to pull my hair out over this.
no clue, I just fire up my wiiu, start up haxchi which loads up homebrew launcher v1.4 and from there I load the elf so its not like I do anything special either.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no clue, I just fire up my wiiu, start up haxchi which loads up homebrew launcher v1.4 and from there I load the elf so its not like I do anything special either.

*Sigh* Son of a.... Maybe I should use the ELF builds then. If they still don't work, then I have to stick to older builds forever.

Check again mate, There Hasnt Been a Snes9X RPX Build In The Last Couple Of Days..

Still doesn't change the fact the latest RPX builds of Snes9x are broken. May I ask why people use 2010 instead of 1.53?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if you DELETE everything related to Retroarch on your SD card and try again?

The only other thing I have are BIOS files, only two config files, and I deleted those and tried and it was to no avail. I don't know what else could be causing this. The older nightly build worked fine *shrug*. I suppose I've no choice.

FWIW, there hasn't been any changes to the Wii U port in the past few days anyways.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
By the way i want to test PCEfast. Do i need BIOS files or something?

I dont think there is a point to using .rpx versions of those smaller emulators like snes9x anyways which I only test them in .elf form.

My guess is that being the "new" format is the one that needs more testing. Rpx will overtake .elf in the future i think, if anything because it allows for bigger files.

Last edited by Osakasan,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only other thing I have are BIOS files, only two config files, and I deleted those and tried and it was to no avail. I don't know what else could be causing this. The older nightly build worked fine *shrug*. I suppose I've no choice.

FWIW, there hasn't been any changes to the Wii U port in the past few days anyways.
There are sometime other config files in \retroarch\config? try deleting those.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think there is a point to using .rpx versions of those smaller emulators like snes9x anyways which I only test them in .elf form.

I thought it mattered for emulators like PSX, no? IIRC, the ELF version of that just locks the Wii U up (well, the PSX core won't be optimal for a long time).

There are sometime other config files in \retroarch\config? try deleting those.

Okay, I can't test it now as I've got to leave, if this doesn't work.... then I don't know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: