Homebrew RetroArch Switch

itsmefloflo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What was the error? Make sure you're using the DOS version, use dosbox svn and it's much easier if you install it on a pc first then just copy over the files to your switch

Thanks for your answer. The error is : retroarch crash when i launch SC2000.exe and i get back to the switch menu. I downloaded the cd version which contain dos version. I’ll try to install on Windows first as you advise me to do. Have a nice sunday

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What else would I need for EasyRPG? I'm going to be updating my Retroarch on my switch after I charge it it's been years since I last updated. I want to use the EasyRPG and play the Pokemon Pyrite game (and maybe the other Pokemon games I have but forgot the names of lol). Anyway, ha ha anyone gotten the Pokemon Pyrite RPG maker game to work? I was originally wanting to play it on one of my gameboy zeros I have but since I can't seem to find an emulator for the zero, I'm just going to go and see if I can get it to run on my switch.

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They just released 1.91 for Switch and...

There is no PCSX ReARMed core available for the Switch port as of yet. This will be added later.

https://www.libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-1-9-1-released/

Huh. Curious as to why that would happen?

Where are you seeing that PCSX ReARMed isn't available? I see the core in the latest v1.9.1 stable build as well as the nightlies, and it's available in the "switch/libnx/latest" folder of the buildbot as well.

pcsx-1.png

pcsx-2.png

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Would make more sense if they meant to say ppsspp because it appears they removed the core from retroarch (downloaded from their main website).

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please help me out. I'm trying to get the Pokemon pyrite pc game to run in Retroarch bit it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? I updated to the latest update. I have my rom section in my download folder. Like gbc, gba etc. So I put the pyrite folder in there like my other games. Was that wrong? Where do I put the game stuff and how do I run it? I tried the game.exe file but it didn't give me the easy rpg as an option. Only when I selected the game.ini file did it give me the easy rpg as an option but it didn't run. Only black screen then my sx cfw crashed and it forced the console to regular re boot (which I try to avoid so my console doesn't get damaged). Can I please get help so I can play this game in my switch.

Last edited by qaz015393,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer Duckstation over PCSX-Rearmed core but it is not available yet. Only Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android. Duckstation is so much better than PCSX-Rearmed.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A fine fellow has updated the Fuse ZX spectrum libretro core to v1.6.0

It’s been stuck on 1.1.1 for years.

Anyone able to do a quick compile and test for Switch platform.

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
How do you know ? Are you the developer of retroarch or something ? I talked with Duckstation at Discord and they said no comments and have to asked retroarch team and they didnt say anything about it.

First, anyone can be a developer of an open-source project.

Second: Duckstation's lead (and the one who basically does the bulk of actual core development) pulled away from Libretro and has left the lr-compatible core in a state of limbo. It's been forked, but no commits since that happened. Meanwhile, said lead developer has expressed disinterest in porting the standalone/only-current-updated version to Switch. He's not working on a Switch port so we can't have the upstream version, and no one's working on the Libretro core to help that work in general, let alone on Switch.

As you can imagine, no one's happy about this state of affairs; especially since Duckstation is made to be run on 64-bit platforms like a Switch but just... won't. As far as Swanstation is concerned, there is some work on rebasing the project. Maybe afterwards there can be talk about adapting it to Switch. But that will have to wait until after, since it would be a waste to contribute to an abandoned repo that's going to be nuked soon.

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I am trying to run paper mario 64 but even with overclocking it seems to stutter quite heavily. Any idea on the proper settings for this?

Femto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why is the pcsx-rearmed core that comes with the latest release of retroarch still without dynarec? I am not in any way demanding features, just genuinely curious. Tried the custom one by cucholix, but it ran really unstable for me. I get like 15 minutes of gameplay before it crashes. Is it just still not very stable in general and because of that official releases are reluctant to include it?

Reactions: sorabora

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know where to grab portlibs for switch retroarch.elf linking to succeed?
I already dkp-pacman switch-dev and all the stuff in the libretro docs but still get missing libs such as the following:
Thanks for any help!

make -f Makefile.libnx
linking retroarch_switch.elf
/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/10.2.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lswresample
/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/10.2.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lavformat
/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/10.2.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lavcodec
/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/10.2.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lavutil
/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/10.2.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lswscale
/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/10.2.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lvpx
/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/10.2.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lopus
/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/10.2.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -llzma
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [/opt/devkitpro/libnx/switch_rules:80: retroarch_switch.elf] Error 1

Edit: Ignore this - I managed to fix it myself

Last edited by snoofly,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...