Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
How do you get multiplayer with more than 2 players on Snes9x?
I tried with both Snes9x Current and Snes9x 2010 and i Can't get it to work.

Could it be broken on the lastest nightly?

jimlaman8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the overclock setting in the first column.
Tried overclocking to improve n64 but it really didnt help, in fact tried a bunch of things, nothing really helped. Are others having n64 sluggishness/garbled audio issues on the switch in retroarch too? (it can be hit or miss, for instance donkey kong was a mess in the beginning but then smoothed out)

jimlaman8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, title override + overclocking = smooth play.

If you're not using title override you're going to have a bad time.
I tried with title override and max performance overclick, donkey kong's intro is still garbled/slow motion sounding (or perhaps a bad rom i have, or some other factor).

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok that's 1 game on an emulator for a handheld/console hybrid, are you having that problem with all games with title override/full overclock? You can't expect 100% compatibility and sometimes you have to play with the settings.

Hielkenator2

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I cannot get 100% performance on switch ( not 60 fps ) on nes snes etc. Not sure what is can be I tried everything. There seems to be a little screen judder on set intervals, Notable in super mario world ( U ) first level right of start on the map ( forgot the name of the level ) even if i overclock. Also cps 2 en cps 3 icannot get to work. There does not seem to be a fba2012 core in the distro for switch?

Any Ideas?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I cannot get 100% performance on switch ( not 60 fps ) on nes snes etc. Not sure what is can be I tried everything. There seems to be a little screen judder on set intervals, Notable in super mario world ( U ) first level right of start on the map ( forgot the name of the level ) even if i overclock. Also cps 2 en cps 3 icannot get to work. There does not seem to be a fba2012 core in the distro for switch?

Any Ideas?
Reset your RA config and update everything. All snes (can't say for NES since i don't play them, but should be the same) games work perfectly for me on snes9x core (for emulating consoles before ps1/n64/dc you don't need any overclocking, you actually can safely underclock to save battery). CPS2 and CPS3 work perfectly too on FBNeo. For more info and setting up read the official libretro docs, you can find a lot of useful info there.

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I was very happy when i saw that the melonds core was updated on retroarch, as i prefer having everthing on it, but i cant get it to work properly,
How can i put both screens side ot side? and also the touchscreen is not working :( its just my case?

thanks guys, you amke switch scene the best!

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I was very happy when i saw that the melonds core was updated on retroarch, as i prefer having everthing on it, but i cant get it to work properly,
How can i put both screens side ot side? and also the touchscreen is not working :( its just my case?

thanks guys, you amke switch scene the best!
You can change all that in the options, it's not hard.

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You can change all that in the options, it's really simple.
yes, my fault, i change everything right after posting :(
i came back to change the post

by the way, i guess it is normal that its better optimized as an external homebrew than in retroarch? because at least the sound is worse, or maybe i can tweak something?

angelhp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
World Driver Championship for N64 is crashing the retroarch after the first title screen, anyone else have this? Am i missing something?
Use cached_interpreter...,The game will be slow but it wont crash after the first title screen

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Cheats keep freezing Mario64, and a Mario Hack will not run.

if the game doesn't run on n64 console it won't on mupen64next either

Reactions: TamarindoJuice

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I sometimes don't understand when people complain that one official N64 rom doesn't work on an emulator for Switch, but a rom hack? Why even complain.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do you get rid of video stutter?

I've tried completely clean installs, overclocking, everything I can think of but I get video stutter on all games. This is launching through another game too, not through album.

Seems like it has to be a setting issue but I don't know what

Edit:

Figured it, had to lengthen the audio buffer from 32 to 64 and it went.

Last edited by kristianity77,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ anything new in gaming?