Homebrew RetroArch Switch

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good-ish news. I finally got everything to get linked and I hobbled together a few methods that libnx is missing! Bad news is that while the nro technically doesn't crash, it doesn't do much. It sits at a blinking cursor for some reason. Also, I def broke the code to resolve absolute paths so that might have something to do with it. either way, here's the build. if someone could open it up in yuzu, I'm sure there are logs that would help! also, I pushed the code so everything should be online :) ill try to work on this later

Attachments

• snes-RetroArch-libnx.nro.zip
    1,010.2 KB · Views: 104

yesimnathan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've managed to get retroarch to compile with mgba but it's just launching to a black screen currently. I'll start poking at it more later. Here's what I've got in the meantime if someone else wants to work on it as well.

https://github.com/nchowning/RetroArch

I'll link to my mgba & snes9x2010 changes shortly

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Good-ish news. I finally got everything to get linked and I hobbled together a few methods that libnx is missing! Bad news is that while the nro technically doesn't crash, it doesn't do much. It sits at a blinking cursor for some reason. Also, I def broke the code to resolve absolute paths so that might have something to do with it. either way, here's the build. if someone could open it up in yuzu, I'm sure there are logs that would help! also, I pushed the code so everything should be online :) ill try to work on this later

lol you posted your solution at the same time as I posted mine! I'll take a look at yours. Mine doesn't even give a blinking cursor. I also broke the path resolving lol

EDIT:
And here's my mgba fork: https://github.com/nchowning/mgba

Last edited by yesimnathan,

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question please did 3.0.0 already have gpu/HW acceleration or not?
If yes can we test ps1 or ppsspp to see how it runs on 3.0.0?
Because as you see 3.0.0 is already have LibNX support.

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HQ0sIjC.jpg

just a little update for you guys. this is on 4.1 btw :) Also, i did a little work regarding the audio driver but I imagine it's complete trash that won't work. It says it initializes properly though, fwiw :)

D

Deleted User

HQ0sIjC.jpg

just a little update for you guys. this is on 4.1 btw :) Also, i did a little work regarding the audio driver but I imagine it's complete trash that won't work. It says it initializes properly though, fwiw :)

so this is RetroArch on Linux ? LibNX ?

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so this is RetroArch on Linux ? LibNX ?

It's libnx on 4.1. Don't get too excited, though. I still have to figure out the scaling issue, then gotta write joycon support, then audio stuff, and THEN make sure the actual lib loading (linking the emulator) part works. We got a bit. But I'm chugging along :)

D

Deleted User

It's libnx on 4.1. Don't get too excited, though. I still have to figure out the scaling issue, then gotta write joycon support, then audio stuff, and THEN make sure the actual lib loading (linking the emulator) part works. We got a bit. But I'm chugging along :)

Congratulations its where i failed to build RetroArch for Libnx , great work and hope we can support you in the future

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I don't forgive you