Homebrew RetroArch Switch

GrayFoxBH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
don't use beetle psx, use rearmed, beetle is wip and unstable, you can't even get properly inside RA
Thanks for answering. I''ll stick with reamed until they fix it. Beetle PSX is actually better. Some games that have visual glitches with reamed have no problem whatsoever with Beetle.

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it just me or is the PPSSPP core broken since about a month?

I tried some recent nightlies and all PSP games crash now on load, it's not a game specific issue.
Using my previous core from 11/03/2020 the games work fine.

Reactions: SuperHans111

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

I tried some recent nightlies and all PSP games crash now on load, it's not a game specific issue.
Every game loads and works fine on latest nightly for me (PPSSPP 1.8.6 b475e73)

snk2

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
have there been improvements to N64 emulation, specifically for 2D games? (Ogre Battle 64, Paper Mario)

last time I checked retroarch was 6 months ago and those games did not run well

SuperHans111

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Mine crashes when trying to load a save too.
Starting a new game is no problem. Also I can't actually see what save file I am selecting, so I just use the first one.

I'd also appreciate it if someone can send me the last working build of PCSX rearmed. Thanks ;)

Last edited by SuperHans111, , Reason: More info

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't see what save file you are selecting = missing assets. In retorarch try the download assets option in online updater. You might have to download something from somewhere else, can't recall.

renatotec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mine crashes when trying to load a save too.
Starting a new game is no problem. Also I can't actually see what save file I am selecting, so I just use the first one.

I'd also appreciate it if someone can send me the last working build of PCSX rearmed. Thanks ;)

PCSX Rearmed doesn't work anymore for me too. I tried to go back some builds, the error change, but still don't work. Do I have to downgrande entire retroarch?

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even ECWolf?

No idea I don't play that.

I do have another issue PPSSPP load save states seem to be broken. Again latest everything. I do title override it doesn't matter. I can make a save state but as soon as i load it = crash.

Sometimes it also crashes on saving depending on the game. I've actually had this issue for months on different versions of PPSSPP Retroarch and Retroarch.

Last edited by Jayinem81,

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I nearly lost my mind over the PPSSPP crashing issue yesterday. But now I finally got it working.

Maybe my problem is different from what others here experience, but as I said, an older version of the core from a month ago still worked for me. So what I did was loading my PSP games with the old core file, setting up the game config for each game I have and saving it.

Today I downloaded the newest nightly and all games work. To make sure that the missing config files were definitely the issue I deleted one of the game config files again and yep, the game crashes on boot.

I can finally play GTA LCS again, it runs quite well on Switch with max overclock and looks better than it did on PSP. Set "Auto Frameskip" to "ON", leave the other frameskip settings at "0", set the resolution to "960x544", and set "Disable slower effects (Speedhack) to "ON".

The current PPSSPP core is 244a601, downloaded today.

Last edited by Reynardine,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :cry: