Homebrew RetroArch Switch

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Can someone clarify how split joy cons are supposed to work? I'm using the latest nightly build, btw.

I've used RetroNX in the past and I tried it on Gauntlet 2 (mame2003). I don't remember exactly how I did it, but I was able to get two players working (each using one joy con) and everything worked fine.

I just tried it with RA and when I set split joycon to ON for Players 1 and 2, they do work separately but the dpad movement doesn't coincide with how you would normally hold a joycon. Meaning, UP was still RIGHT...you had to hold the joycon vertically.

I suppose I could go in and change the input, but I feel like that's not how it's "supposed" to work. I definitely didn't need to do that in RetroNX...orientation changed automatically.

Also had a question regarding inserting coins/start button using split joy cons. Some games, like Gauntlet 2, have dedicated coin insert and start buttons per player. How is that defined with split joy cons? With my current setup, the minus button on joycon1 still acts like the coin insert and the plus button on joycon2 is still the Start button.

I made a pull request that was merged today that should fix most or all problems with split Joycon mode. It should be in the next nightly.

PatShallBe

Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Is there some Source for Switch optimized Borders & Shaders for SNES, Genesis, GBA etc.? Would anyone care to share their Settings/Set-Up?

math87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does anyone know how to get the .conf files activated when playing DOS games in the DOSBox core? Some games need DOSBox configuration options including a list of commands to execute beforehand such as disk mounting

Not sure but I think you can "launch" the conf file that you prepared for your game with dosbox core. Personally, I use a bat file with specific commands for each game that I want to run.

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not common for me.

I have SX OS. Figure it out.

i hear ya but both xci and nsp files can now be split and played in 4gb chunks works perfect so there truly is no need for exfat if one wants stable homebrew just split your larger xci and nsp files

icegold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no reason to use exFAT anymore with xci-cutter now able to handle NSP files.

sadly there is for me, XCI cutter (0.6 Alpha) on Mac doesnt let me trim files in to 4gb parts... you can't select the "split in to 4gb parts" option for Split Only mode (the selection box is gray'd out) and it ends up giving you a 4.2xxxgb file plus whatever is left.
If you try via Cut/Split mode you can select 4gb parts but then get an error saying "this file has already been trimmed" which all of mine have...

if anyone knows a workaround, especially with the upcoming Dynarec then that would be great! until then i'm stuck on exfat, will likely buy a new SD for emulators/fat32

icegold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
re the emundand... would you suggest just starting again and making a new one once the SD card has been reformatted? or is there a way to split an already made Emunand sitting on an EXfat card.

*edit* ignore this, looks like it's already in 4.29gb chunks!

Last edited by icegold,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1