Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

salocin23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Astromatik

When launching Legend of Kyrandia 2 - Hand of Fate using a non cd version (17MB) it crashes when starting a new game with this error "ib error 28 cost1_shp.pak (2) "
However when using a cd version of the game it starts without error and runs fine( responsive and sounds and music play). you may need to to disable EMS (ems=false)

However if the game is paused via PS button while playing it crashes with a runtime overlay error.
If you pause just retro arch and return to the game it still works. If you pause retro arch then press PS button it will crash with runtime overlay error when going back to game.
Disabling ems stops the crash from happening immediately but the error still seems to happen =, IE going to next scene makes the game freeze. But overall plays fine if you dont pause via XMB.

Reactions: MKKhanzo

salocin23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try changing the graphics card you are emulating to correct the vesa error in retroarch options menu, setting this in dosbox config file does not seem to make it change in retroarch. The s3_svga card seems to work well most things.

Astromatik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@salocin23
Thx Man run Great on cd version ;)
I prefer run it on scummvm vita for shader hq4x, but i rest standing if the dev team emulate the mt32 module. I Love this machine.

Other thinks i test on snes2005 Core-
Far east of eden... Test engine and bye bye cracks And no image...
And Marvelous... That Horrible with the sound. Hum later for the last project of zlttp team on snes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And i cant play with 2 vita on 1.5.0 grrrrrr

salocin23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elder Scrolls arena loads and plays, sounds and music work as well. The game runs faster without music on. However without dynamic core working it is pretty slow. It takes 10 seconds to turn your character around 360 degrees. Cycles=Auto works in config files as of 3/15/17 version. Also it looks like midi is not supported on the vita in dosbox.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Cycles=Auto works in config files as of 3/15/17 version. Also it looks like midi is not supported on the vita in dosbox.

Midi seems to work with the MT32 settings that you mentioned in an earlier post? At least I get some music in Settlers 2. The game is unplayable slow though.

I cannot get Cycles=Auto to work are you sure it is enabled now? I cannot find any commit in GitHub that enabled it in the retroarch source.

I have to use the quickmenu options to set cycles manually. Usually a value of 2000 works, and values >3000 give stuttery sound for me.

salocin23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am probably wrong about midi support then, my apologies. I tried setting a few games to use MT32 specifically and it did not work. For example Elder scrolls arena only worked via sound blaster. I was able to put cycles=auto in a conf file and game launched without crashing. For example I use this conf for settlers 2 but as you mentioned sound stutters.

Attachments

• settler2.txt
    10.8 KB · Views: 368
D

Deleted User

Ok I need help guys, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can't get PCSX Rearmed to run any games on my PSTV. I'm trying to play Crash Team Racing and Bushido Blade but every time I try loading them I get the error code:
(C2-12828-1)
Saved Core File Succeeded. ux0:data/psp2core- 1489868676-0x00002a2bdf-eboot.bin.psp2dmp
I have all the PS1 BIOS files in data/retroarch/system and my PS1 games are in ux0/roms/ps1. Both bin and cue files are in them. I have tried two different nightlies with no success. Any help please?

Last edited by ,

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I need help guys, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can't get PCSX Rearmed to run any games on my PSTV. I'm trying to play Crash Team Racing and Bushido Blade but every time I try loading them I get the error code:
(C2-12828-1)
Saved Core File Succeeded. ux0:data/psp2core- 1489868676-0x00002a2bdf-eboot.bin.psp2dmp
I have all the PS1 BIOS files in data/retroarch/system and my PS1 games are in ux0/roms/ps1. Both bin and cue files are in them. I have tried two different nightlies with no success. Any help please?

Try the 14.1 stable version on page 1 of this thread.

The 15 version is unstable for PSTV

shadowcopalypse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has the suspend issue ever been fixed? I always get game crashes after suspending the vita with retroarch active. It happens with psx titles.

D

Deleted User

Try the 14.1 stable version on page 1 of this thread.

The 15 version is unstable for PSTV

Just tried it now, no luck. It crashes as soon as I try loading a game. I tried bin and eboot files.

EDIT: Nevermind got it working, tried the all-in-one and deleted the retroarch folder before installing. Thanks for the help man.

Anything I can do in the settings to get the best framerate out of PS1 games? Playing CTR and it dips too much.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: MKKhanzo

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried it now, no luck. It crashes as soon as I try loading a game. I tried bin and eboot files.

EDIT: Nevermind got it working, tried the all-in-one and deleted the retroarch folder before installing. Thanks for the help man.

Anything I can do in the settings to get the best framerate out of PS1 games? Playing CTR and it dips too much.

If you look at my previous posts on this thread I had a few changes to speed things up on the PS1 core.

Reactions: pauloedsonjk

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
For some reason unknown to me, I can't get retroarch to work on my PSTV.
Everytime I try to load content, be it at any core, the program crashes with the typical vita error and log creation process, and exits...
Weird thing is, older versions used to work, on older henkaku versions as well...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...