Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

MrOrbital

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm also getting slowdowns. I'm playing Wipeout 3. There are a lot of settings and I have tried many of them. No improvement yet. I tried to use .bin + .cue instead of .pbp but that made no difference. Any tips to enhance performance would be great.

Dochartaigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone made a playlist for mame2003 and/or FB Alpha in RetroArch on their Vita? Can you please give me the exact .LPL playlist filename that retroarch uses for those?

If I get those I *think* I can manually add a playlist to my PS Vita handheld and have all my arcade games show up under the correct icon - if it works I'll make a post on how I did it to save others the trouble.

tslout

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone tell me why some vpks just refuse to install? My Vita (3.60 - fresh restore) wont move past 0%. Specifically picodrive and segaplusgx.

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah looks like the ipl file I have here are incorrectly marked for this version. They were done quite a while ago so maybe names have changed.
I've changed mine now so have all the icons. Thanks for pointing that out.
Also change in the menu Settings/Playlist core pointer for all the cores.

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
It sets the core for the ipl file.

did you noticed having to press run a couple of times. Like a double take:)

Setting the cores to the ipl file also sorts this out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu