Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

AIexander

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Am i the only one that everytime i exit in the livearea or i put the console in standby while i'm playing a PS1 game and then i come back to the game it starts to go crazy (no sound, game freezes and so on)? D:

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Am i the only one that everytime i exit in the livearea or i put the console in standby while i'm playing a PS1 game and then i come back to the game it starts to go crazy (no sound, game freezes and so on)? D:

It's normal behaviour, for now at least.

Pizzicato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You know what? Even the PS3 doesn't have a N64 emulator. I don't know why, but I am just a newbie. No hopes for a N64 emultor for Vita.

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using tai, does not allow retroarch.cfg to be saved as I receive ux0 save failure.

this is on a PSTV. Anyone else having issues?

jms209

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only VBA Next runs GBA games.
MGBA just throws out error when trying to run game.

I even placed GBA Bios in ux0:/data/retroarch/cores/system
GBSP doesn't even load the roms, it just crashes or doesn't load up at all.

Any ideas on what the issue it?
Running: 2016-11-19_RetroArch

Last edited by jms209,

Ganoncrotch

Trophies
XP
Country
Only VBA Next runs GBA games.
MGBA just throws out error when trying to run game.

I even placed GBA Bios in ux0:/data/retroarch/cores/system
GBSP doesn't even load the roms, it just crashes or doesn't load up at all.

Any ideas on what the issue it?
Running: 2016-11-19_RetroArch

Have you considered installing the Epsp and using GPSP Kai in that? works fantastically well in comparison to the Native vita emulators for now at least.

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Truly, i was able to assign the L/R buttons and touch screen to hotkeys by modding the retroarch.cfg (must find the options needed and the number of button/zone to map)

YES!!! Thank you so much. I have a Hori grip that has R3 and L3, which are "15" and "14" respectively when manually editing retroarch.cfg.

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed that they changed the FB Alpha core from 0.2.97.38 to .39, which renders many ROMs unplayable, at least until the new ROMset becomes available.

Does anyone know when the last nightly supported .38 ROMs?

betterthanjordan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Of course it is.

N64 was never a selling point for full PSP access on Vita; even if people DID use the PSPEmu for N64, DaedalusX64 isn't exactly a full-featured product worth the hassle.

Disable Digital to Analog in the controls subsection of the Quick Menu (Which lets you map the D-Pad to the analog sticks; when disabled, if the DualShock controller was supported in the game to begin with, the sticks act as just that. If not, the controller ceases to work.)

The touchscreen can be used: In the main menu -> Controls subsection, "Enable Touchscreen" should be on. From there, it defaults to the front touchscreen; enable "Prefer Rear Touch" to use the rear instead, as only one or the other can be used.
The four corners of the front/rear touchscreen/pad act (From top-left to bottom-right) L2, R2, L3, and R3. Map these controls as necessary for the cores.

I also recommend using "L3 + R3" for the Menu shortcut.

Thanks for the info!! Got both working. Hopefully they psx compatibility will continue to increase!!

Syon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you guys on TaiHenkaku?
I'm using nightly 21/11 and performance a lot slower on the all-in-one.vpk.
Try checking if rewind is enabled in the options. If it is, that might be the cause. Nearly all of the cores seem to struggle with rewind enabled.. Nearly drove me mad -.-

falaschi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
sup guys? Any news with gpsp (with dynarec), the last time that i tried, got some break per second. Is this fixed yet?

And, is the fceumm the best nes core?

pralima87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What core(s)?
pcsx_rearmed is stuttering and saving takes for ever

Try checking if rewind is enabled in the options. If it is, that might be the cause. Nearly all of the cores seem to struggle with rewind enabled.. Nearly drove me mad -.-
rewind is already off ;)

I just tried running some CPS1/CPS2 games and they ran perfectly fine on the 21 build. I don't play PSX on my vita
Yeah maybe is just pcsx_rearmed that is a bit slower on the latest builds :/

Cortexfou

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi, I want to change the button mapping for the GBA (like X=A ; ∆=O ; ect) but when I change it, it change too for the SNES. Is it a way to change just for the GBA and keep the SNES like defaut ?

Siveon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason Genesis Plus GX crashes every time when switching to the core/auto-detect.

PicoDrive works but I'm getting no sound for intro cutscene and for some reason comically high-pitched voices for Popful Mail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol