Retroarch is now on Retail Mode (Xbox Series S/X)

szezjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Got Series X recently, tried it, works great and love it - but I'm curious... if I'm willing to pay for developer mode would it be better and easier to buy it and use it or is retail mode version superior to that? For me, switching to devmode wouldn't be a big issue, so I'm looking for some dev mode advantages to know if I should buy it or just stick to this.

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Got Series X recently, tried it, works great and love it - but I'm curious... if I'm willing to pay for developer mode would it be better and easier to buy it and use it or is retail mode version superior to that? For me, switching to devmode wouldn't be a big issue, so I'm looking for some dev mode advantages to know if I should buy it or just stick to this.
Dev Mode allows you to have more control over the installed apps, such as being able to manually manage the cores used in RetroArch for example. And if you would rather have games stored in the internal Xbox storage, Dev Mode allows you to allocate more storage towards that, Retail only has 30 GB to offer in contrast which you can't increase (moot point if you would use a USB Drive instead).

And finally, you don't have to worry about the app being taken down the store with Dev Mode like you do in Retail mode. Plus, AetherSX2 received a UWP port which can be used in Dev Mode only if you are interested in emulating PS2 games. So that's another reason to get it.

Reactions: szezjo

Tchoui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I there, im using retail mode and can acess to localfolder but in there i can't see the retroarch folder. I need this to transfer only the wii rom's because im having troubling playing them on my usb. Sticks on blach screen. I read on the web that dolphin core don't work well on usb roms. In the other hand, i can play them on usb but with TNavigator and not retroarch.

Edit: Resolved !!!!! In the comments on youtube that is posted: "

For anyone who is having trouble finding the retroarch file under localfolder, go to your xbox, go to your file info on your retroarch app & match the full name from there and the folder you’re trying to find under localfolder. If it matches, that’s your retroarch app. Mine were bunch of random numbers"

Edit2: Super mario work for the first time but when i change de directory folder it stop working. It stucks on black. I dont think i change anything else. Gonna try default config

Edit3: It worked. Reset config anf it work. Gonna try fig why! Also, you can have the rom in a usb drive but the folder of dolphin must be on the xbox and the directory must read from there. other wise dolphin system files on the usb dont load.

Last edited by Tchoui,

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There seems to be no way to download RetroArch. There is a link to gamr13's AppStore, but it takes me to a blank Store page. Can I do something to download RA?

Tchoui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is the exact page I have. The only option is downloading his AppStore, which leads me to a blank MS Store page. :(
Theres a warning:

WARNING: Due to Microsoft breaking the Dev Mode purchase page, no more public apps can be uploaded. My Patreon page is **STILL ACTIVE** for now.

Reactions: Naendow

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem here. I see that apps are now part of an app store, but it will not download when I click on the button. don't understand what the problem is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: what did hirade and rez do? +1