Homebrew RetroArch-Hexaeco Emulators

lovelyhurling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
These are great forwarders and emulators - could I get some help with the cps 1 & 2 emulators - any time I try to load a game the name of the game scrolls across the top of the screen and nothing else - is there a setting I am supposed to activate or change also this the first time modded a wii so I am fairly new to all this - any would be much appreciated

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@lovelyhurling

Welcome to the forum!

You shouldn't have to change any settings besides the rom path (where you have your roms placed).

You do need the correct rom set (Final Burn Alpha) and the parent rom of any game you are trying to boot must be present in that folder.

Search for FBA CPS1 & FBA CPS2 roms. Post if you need further assistance.

Reactions: lovelyhurling

lovelyhurling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
@lovelyhurling

Welcome to the forum!

You shouldn't have to change any settings besides the rom path (where you have your roms placed).

You do need the correct rom set (Final Burn Alpha) and the parent rom of any game you are trying to boot must be present in that folder.

Thank you for the reply I appreciate that - okay I created a folder on the sds root and apps folder and on usb just as a back up called roms ? - I think the roms that I have are are incorrect I opened two of them on pc and it says they bin files what does that tell you if don't mind me as asking as I have no idea I am Green on this part lol lol but yes I will go try and hunt down that type of rom you suggested and I will let you know how I get on hopefully will have some luck in doing so - teli the truth I mad to kick some ass on street fighter rainbow didn't play that in years :)

lovelyhurling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Do not extract the .zip files. The rom files must be intact as .zip files
Hey snakes how's it going ? - awe for fuck sake you mean leave the roms in there zip folder ?? - that's where I am going wrong I was unzipping every thing as I thought they be the same as snes awe well live and learn I will go again and report back and thanks very much foe the tips man :)
Post automatically merged:

Hey snakes how's it going ? - awe for fuck sake you mean leave the roms in there zip folder ?? - that's where I am going wrong I was unzipping every thing as I thought they be the same as snes awe well live and learn I will go again and report back and thanks very much foe the tips man :)
Hi snakes - I have another problem now man - after your last tip I went back to tried zip files like you said but cap 1 and 2 kept crashing so I said I delete from sd card and try reinstalling them but now cap 1 and 2 won't show up on homebrew? Sorry I did that now fecking moment of madness also I had no luck finding fdb files snakes could you help try getting cap 1 and 2 to show up on my homebrew please

Last edited by lovelyhurling,

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to RA 1.14 for many emulators/cores. RA-RetroArch Modified is the full pack, the rest are standalone.

Again. If you experience crash/code dumps, please post. I tested all plugins and all seems to be good, but it is possible there may be issues.

@lovelyhurling

I'll PM you today/evening to help. ATM, i am finishing up on WFL plugin pack update i would like to get link up.

Reactions: lovelyhurling

lovelyhurling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Updated to RA 1.14 for many emulators/cores. RA-RetroArch Modified is the full pack, the rest are standalone.

Again. If you experience crash/code dumps, please post. I tested all plugins and all seems to be good, but it is possible there may be issues.

@lovelyhurling

I'll PM you today/evening to help. ATM, i am finishing up on WFL plugin pack update i would like to get link up.
That's great thanks take your time no panic

lovelyhurling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hey snakes how's it going ? - sorry I can't reply to messages - the link you sent they both came down as note file ? It didn't work but by some chane got the ones I had back on two my sd - can I ask you is it only gave cube controlers that work for these emulators? Wii classic does nothing

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for posting. Ill look into this.
@HandsomeJack

@HandsomeJack

Ok. I have tested ZX Spectrum (fuse) updated 1.14.0 core thoroughly and have not had any issues.

Could you please let me know what issues you are having. Any particular games not playing or code dumps/crashes?

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for posting. Ill look into this.
@HandsomeJack

@HandsomeJack

Ok. I have tested ZX Spectrum (fuse) updated 1.14.0 core thoroughly and have not had any issues.

Could you please let me know what issues you are having. Any particular games not playing or code dumps/crashes?
When I open a Z80 snapshot of Skol Daze and 1942, it goes to a blank screen.

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I open a Z80 snapshot of Skol Daze and 1942, it goes to a blank screen.
Ok, thanks for the feedback. Are you using version 1.11.0 or 1.14.0 that i updated just recently?

My results from 1.11.0 using Z80 snapshots...
1942 (1985 Tartan) - Working
1942 (1986 Elite) - Working
Skol Daze - Working

My results from 1.14.0 using Z80 snapshots...
1942 (1986 Elite) - Code Dump
Skol Daze - Working

I'll do more testing with both, but will most likely revert back to 1.11.0. Again, thank you for making me aware of this. I think we all just want the damn emulators to work and could care less how recent it is, if it is unstable. This way we can all get the best possible experience when we want to do some vintage retro gaming.

I think i will make a Hexaeco ZX Spectrum setup available also. I have never had any issues with it & it supports Wii Remote only, which doesn't require attaching Classic or using GameCube controller.

Reactions: HandsomeJack

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, thanks for the feedback. Are you using version 1.11.0 or 1.14.0 that i updated just recently?

My results from 1.11.0 using Z80 snapshots...
1942 (1986 Elite) - Working
Skol Daze - Working

My results from 1.14.0 using Z80 snapshots...
1942 (1986 Elite) - Code Dump
Skol Daze - Working

I'll do more testing with both, but will most likely revert back to 1.11.0. Again, thank you for making me aware of this. I think we all just want the damn emulators to work and could care less how recent it is, if it is unstable. This way we can all get the best possible experience when we want to do some vintage retro gaming.

I think i will make a Hexaeco ZX Spectrum setup available also. I have never had any issues with it & it supports Wii Remote only, which doesn't require attaching Classic or using GameCube controller.
Am using the most recent version. It might be that I have bad Z80 snapshots.

@RunningSnakes

Apologies. It was definitely a bad ROM set. I downloaded the most recent ZX Spectrum ROM set for FBNeo and that works just fine.

Last edited by HandsomeJack,

locomia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not sure about which console your referring to, but I did some tests in the last days using the latest default standard neogeo plugin cores available in pack v12 (I am calling them "standard of this pack" I'm not sure the exact version of them, and I will tell another option that I find the best for my case) and I got some problems with both cores:

Hexaeco standard core gave memory dump on about 5 games from 7 tested.
The dump shows always after unibios screen, exactly when neo geo logo animarion is starting:

It also gave green screen on Mslug3 for a while and went to a black screen, but didn't freeze, you can press home, see the menu and exit. It's really weird behavior, because I tested some games with this same plug-in some days ago and all worked, I even had set this one up as default plug-in to show the games.
9AF9D8B5-4C2A-46AC-81BC-8DA764084397.jpeg

Retroarch standard core loaded some games but gave error of no cache file found (image). I think there's something wrong or maybe it's looking for the cache files on a new place. Some games loaded, but the buttons doesn't work, so you can walk but can't shoot or jump.
307FB252-BE94-46F0-812A-D3AC78936238.jpeg

In other hand, I created a new plugin configuration in wiiflow and "inserted" an older core on it, it's neo geo 1.7.5/1.7.6 VM (I used magic number 12345678, lol). I just tested Mslug 1,2,3,4,5,X, garou, last blade 2, RBFF and they all worked today with this core. It's that one that load the crom with a green progress bar. I already have the cache files for the bigger games created in romcnv and stored in more than one folder (I just don't remember where they are, but could look for them and copy to new place, if it's needed for newer cores to work). One bad thing using this core is that, when exiting the game it freezes on wiiflow logo and need to hard reset the wii.

lovelyhurling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
@lovelyhurling

Welcome to the forum!

Hi snakes how's it going? - I got cps1 and cps2 up and running - forwarders snakes, in a list you posted before cps2 was for the wii u might you be able to post a forwarder for cps2 and retroarch - retroarch that has the little icon next to it not the red logo one ? - thats if you can thanks 😉

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
...It's pretty saddening that it came to this, really. I cannot understand where the problem is with sharing the source code, he did many posts here talking about how to do this or that with detailed instructions, didn't seem like he needed secrecy. I've always had a lot of respect for him for that and his overall work and findings.

Like, I'm not angry, or anything like that, I'm just confused. I completely understand not minding much about a License when thinking of tweaking something, I do romhacking and my mind goes flying thinking about what can be done pretty darn quickly... I just don't see where the conflict is. It's not like his efforts or additions are going to be confused or ignored because there's a License there. They still matter.

I can see him being soured by the WiiSX Silver thing and not wanting to share something that could be done better, feeling forced to put it out there and then being asked time and time again, and not with the best manners too but... I don't know, things could be done differently. I don't think it's too late.

In the readme says a couple things:

I finally bothered to build the latest picodrive, I can always upload this one to github since Knuckles Chaotix
is enough to warrant it, but who knows.
That sounds great. I guess I'll have to keep an eye on the github page if it happens, I'm honestly tired of how annoying official RA is for setting up or navigating. It is not included in the 7z file.

I write code, I help people, but I also have to look cool doing it. It's all I ask in return.
Here's the thing though: you look cool when you share information, you'd look cooler by sharing the source code too. Again, your contributions or coding abilities are not going to be forgotten or undervalued because of sharing it. Heck, most people wouldn't even understand the code to begin with. By not doing this you're actually making sure all the time and work you've put into it falls into obscurity.

That'd be a true shame, RA-SS is something I wouldn't want to be without, it's top of the line Wii homebrew, it would be sad to se other people not being able to enjoy it.

I don't know if SuperrSonic will read this. I wish things could be talked... I guess I could always try getting into YGO: Duel Transfer and bring you back from the Shadow Realm. Good thing Syncrhos are out of the table because I have no idea how they work, lol.

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty, the SS cores compatibility have not improved. In most cases, not up to par with current RA compatibility.

I'm thinking, this limited core release reflects improvements on these cores. I Will test and give personal results.

I have always appreciated SuperrSonics expertise, and will continue to modify his modifications.

Pinball time now.

Reactions: Okko and SaulFabre

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
As far as I've seen, cores like mGBA are exactly the same as the last releases, byte for byte, so no need to try that one.

While it's true that official Retro Arch might have a few things over in compatibility (like more updated Snes9x cores for better performance in some MSU hacks) I will always prefer RA-SS simply because the interace of official releases is a mess. In fact I wish official ones could use RA-SS approach to it...

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In all honesty, the SS cores compatibility have not improved. In most cases, not up to par with current RA compatibility.

I'm thinking, this limited core release reflects improvements on these cores. I Will test and give personal results.

I have always appreciated SuperrSonics expertise, and will continue to modify his modifications.

Pinball time now.
The big entry point that Hexaco had was PER CORE Video and Input settings, even if it wasn't specified properly within the emulator itself (RA-HEXACO Gambatte is my go to for GB/GBC, while standalone mGBA has been my most played emulator so far).

I read somewhere that ''allegedly'' RA now allows per core video settings but i don't believe it, i try, and RA-vanilla still as unstable as ever, with cores randomly refuse to work or just crashing at random (both DSI Error screen and just returning to HBC)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land