Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the proper video settings for Super NES and Neo-Geo games? I keep adjusting them and they never look quite right, even when I specify 1:1 or the exact resolutions of the two systems. It's never pixel perfect, and some pixels even "droop" slightly from where they're supposed to be. Any suggestions?

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
Indeed, i am one of the few who had the VB back in the day (still do) and I would love to replay the games I had in a 3D system that doesn't put your brain into a blender and your eyes into acid. xD

Same here, I've even got those pesky ribbon cables soldered!

What are the proper video settings for Super NES and Neo-Geo games? I keep adjusting them and they never look quite right, even when I specify 1:1 or the exact resolutions of the two systems. It's never pixel perfect, and some pixels even "droop" slightly from where they're supposed to be. Any suggestions?

Use these video settings -

Aspect Ratio Index: Config
Integer Scale: On

Last edited by coinblock,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gambatte is running really well on latest nightly, but the sound issues are still present. Can't imagine what's causing them, as they only occur on this core, and not in all games - Mario Tennis is the one where it makes my ears bleed lol

All other cores I've tested are pretty much flawless, the ones that run well on O3DS that is.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Titney

Trophies
XP
Country
Any word yet on semi-transparent layers in PocketSNES/Snes9x 2002? The 1.3.3 version ran SA-1 games flawless except for that (which made some games unplayable.) Example: level 1-4 in Kirby's Dream Land 3.

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The new interface is awesome!! Oo'
I have a suggestion: Would it be possible to make an interface where you can select your game with pictures (Covers, actually)?
We could name the .jpg or .png the same name as the rom, and load it with an horizontal moving selection menu, a little bit like compilations of game on the megadrive/genesis?

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Any word yet on semi-transparent layers in PocketSNES/Snes9x 2002? The 1.3.3 version ran SA-1 games flawless except for that (which
Gambatte is running really well on latest nightly, but the sound issues are still present. Can't imagine what's causing them, as they only occur on this core, and not in all games - Mario Tennis is the one where it makes my ears bleed lol

All other cores I've tested are pretty much flawless, the ones that run well on O3DS that is.
I still use My DSiXL for GB/GBC emulation as it is superior to any GB/GBC emulator for the 3DS..

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Technically, Gambatte should be the best solution as it is by far the most accurate GB emulator. Byuu even uses it as a basis in Higan, I believe.

Of course, other factors such as screen resolution do make the DS appealing. I prefer playing Master System games on my DSi XL because the screen resolution is a 1:1 match.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Are you using DSP?

44100hz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@aliaspider
At some point in an older nightly, there was a way to draw at 800x240, and have the parallax barrier remain closed. This resulted in double brightness, and double horizontal resolution, at the cost of a slight bloom effect.
Can you re-enable that? I love being able to maintain an accurate aspect ratio on games, yet have them remain sharp.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are you using DSP?
I have tried both. They're identical. It's a core specific issue it seems, so the backend won't matter that much.

I still use My DSiXL for GB/GBC emulation as it is superior to any GB/GBC emulator for the 3DS..
I'm using VC injections. Not ideal, and some games are downright unplayable with the B and A setup.

Last edited by Sizednochi,

aliaspider

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
@aliaspider
At some point in an older nightly, there was a way to draw at 800x240, and have the parallax barrier remain closed. This resulted in double brightness, and double horizontal resolution, at the cost of a slight bloom effect.
Can you re-enable that? I love being able to maintain an accurate aspect ratio on games, yet have them remain sharp.
I never disabled that, you mean it doesn't work currently ? ( it only works on o3DS btw )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No it was a spaced out trip