Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

montero3006

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello!! Thanks for al the updates to Retroarch on 3DS. The emulators and the XMB are awesome now.
Sorry my Bad english
I want to contribute a little with comments about some bugs i find.
My system is New3DS A9LH Luma updated. I'm using updated nightlies .cía version.
Im a fan of sega master system and At picodrive the games of this system have some tearing(like a no-vsync game but the line are upper At the screen) noticeable in Alex Kidd in miracle world, sonic the hegehog.sms etc...
Another trouble is to play my favourite game Wonder Boy3 the dragons trap... At génesis plus gx works perfect but the sound is bad(all the BGM sounds different to the originals) while in picodrive sounds beautifull.. But in picodrive that Game have strange colors at backgrounds when you change betwen screens( for example red after kill the first metal dragon por cyan at beach first stage, etc)...

I try snes 9x 2002 a little and have problems with super mario all stars... You select one of the 4 games and the controls stop working. SMW works perfect but in supermario all stars+ smw rom have same problem than the other four games.

Sorry for the big post and bad english.
Seeya!

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Broke down and installed Luma3DS on my system. I really didn't WANT to do it, but I was getting desperate. It's not bad. I'm getting the proper speed out of the Neo-Geo emulator at least, and I don't have to start Ocarina of Time every time I want to use it!

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So a couple questions about gpsp (not related to the crashing) - I remember frameskip and the option to show the bios boot screen were options on the old PSP version of gpsp - assuming they're actually the same, would it be possible to add those features to retroarch's gpsp?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So a couple questions about gpsp (not related to the crashing) - I remember frameskip and the option to show the bios boot screen were options on the old PSP version of gpsp - assuming they're actually the same, would it be possible to add those features to retroarch's gpsp?
Have you checked the core specific options?
If they're not there then those might be in the main Settings of the emulator, where the "Driver, Video, Audio" settings are.
I remember seeing them somewhere, just can't recall where. :P

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you checked the core specific options?
If they're not there then those might be in the main Settings of the emulator, where the "Driver, Video, Audio" settings are.
I remember seeing them somewhere, just can't recall where. :P

Looked in all those places, couldn't track them down. The only core specific option is Dynarec on/off. Did they get removed in a newer build (or did the name change?)

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
Has PSX or Virtual Boy been improved on the N3DS at all? Still running the latest Stable Build from Apr

Not really, although the screen does look so much nicer with the 3D turned on. The Mednafen VB emulator seems to run okay, but it's just toooo sloooooow to be playable, everything currently runs at about half speed on N3DS. It would be amazing to finally have VB emulation playable on 3DS though, even if speed hacks were required.

Last edited by coinblock,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not really, although the screen does look so much nicer with the 3D turned on. The Mednafen VB emulator seems to run okay, but it's just toooo sloooooow to be playable, everything currently runs at about half speed. It would be amazing to finally have VB emulation playable on 3DS though, even if speed hacks were required.
Indeed, i am one of the few who had the VB back in the day (still do) and I would love to replay the games I had in a 3D system that doesn't put your brain into a blender and your eyes into acid. xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol