Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't use PCSX, but i have the CIA handy on my internal SD and i could test it.

I loaded beyond oasis with picodrive and car battler joe with gpSP, both with no problems.

Both have dynarec enabled in the menu.

Reading closer, I saw "Gateway", so that explains why it works then. Gateway isn't using 11.0 FIRM. If you open them on an emuNAND with 11.0 FIRM (for example, with Luma), it'll crash and reboot the system. I just tried it myself.

Reactions: hiroakihsu
K

KingpinSlim

By default, pressing ZL switches between normal PCE gamepad and the six-button PCE gamepad.

Thanks for the reply! That explains it then!

I've read messages around the place saying that retroarch CIA's aren't working on 11.0 update.

All retroarch cores that i use are working fine here on my New3DS Gateway emuNAND 11.0.

I'm using the releases by Aliaspider when they first enabled 3D (18th April) if that matters.

Does that mean that Virtual Boy is playable in actual 3D?

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Does that mean that Virtual Boy is playable in actual 3D?

I could never get Virtual Boy to work on my 3DS. I always get the error "Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames" when i try to use mednafen vb. Does anyone know how to fix that? I read somewhere it means you need a BIOS file.

And yes, as of 18th of april, 3D mode has been added into all the cores as far as i am aware. But it's only a very slight 3D effect and screen tearing is an issue at the moment. But the retroarch menu's 3D effect is amazing, it almost jumps out enough to hit you in the face! :D

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi guys, I'm sorry if I make a mistake in asking this.
I searched all over libretro site (I think) and did not find what I was looking for.
So, I installed last version of retroarch on my wii and used the no-intro set as a source for games.
Questions:
1 - Which cores are playable on my wii? What systems can I play with it?
2 - Is there a faq on how to use the front end for the wii (since it is different from retroarch for Linux, I don't know it´s name)?

Sorry my bad english...

K

KingpinSlim

I could never get Virtual Boy to work on my 3DS. I always get the error "Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames" when i try to use mednafen vb. Does anyone know how to fix that? I read somewhere it means you need a BIOS file.

And yes, as of 18th of april, 3D mode has been added into all the cores as far as i am aware. But it's only a very slight 3D effect and screen tearing is an issue at the moment. But the retroarch menu's 3D effect is amazing, it almost jumps out enough to hit you in the face! :D

Thats awesome! I guess i will still be waiting for the next stable releases, though since i get great performance from stable 1.3.3.
If you need bios files i can sadly not link you to those, since its against the forum rules, but try looking for "Retroarch bios pack" on google and then put them in "Retroarch/cores/System".

Hi guys, I'm sorry if I make a mistake in asking this.
I searched all over libretro site (I think) and did not find what I was looking for.
So, I installed last version of retroarch on my wii and used the no-intro set as a source for games.
Questions:
1 - Which cores are playable on my wii? What systems can I play with it?
2 - Is there a faq on how to use the front end for the wii (since it is different from retroarch for Linux, I don't know it´s name)?

Sorry my bad english...

I think you went to the wrong section. This is just for the 3DS port of retroarch.
Maybe someone in the wii section can help you.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Thats awesome! I guess i will still be waiting for the next stable releases, though since i get great performance from stable 1.3.3.
If you need bios files i can sadly not link you to those, since its against the forum rules, but try looking for "Retroarch bios pack" on google and then put them in "Retroarch/cores/System".

I just did what you suggested, and i am still getting the 4096 frames error :(

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Guys, nobody said that Retroarch .cia files don't work on 11.0. We're saying that dynarec won't work on emulators that use them.

A workaround for now is to use firmware.bin from 10.2 or 10.4.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Guys, nobody said that Retroarch .cia files don't work on 11.0. We're saying that dynarec won't work on emulators that use them.

A workaround for now is to use firmware.bin from 10.2 or 10.4.

For me, the simple act of just trying to launch gpSP from the Home Menu crashes on 11.0 FIRM. I'll try with 10.2 FIRM later to double check, but that was just my experience.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry for the double post.

I can confirm that PCSX with dynarec works fine using 11.0 with 10.4 Native FIRM. Just been playing Resident Evil 3 at full speed. So, feel free to update but grab the firmware.bin file from that iso place.

Reactions: Noelemahc

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you're not a fan of using a firmware.bin, but also use Luma, you can just grab a compiled version of its latest commit; TuxSH added svcBackdoor back into it with a patch, so RetroArch shouldn't be broken on 11.0 FIRM anymore. However, it's probably not a bad idea to see if we can remove Backdoor's usage from the CIA builds in general just in case (but I'm not sure how that would affect JITS just yet, maybe we can still run them without Backdoor)..

Reactions: sj33

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay