Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this isn't the correct thread but I guess I could find some quick help here so here it goes:
I want to do some testing on the o3ds, I know I won't get dynarecs or anything working, but is there a quick how-to for the new 11.0 exploit?

I tried adding the starter pack and scanning the QR, it crashed the browser apparently and then nothing else.
I'm a noob regarding this. If you can direct me to the correct thread I'd appreciate it too, I can follow instructions but there's so much variety around 3ds hacking that it feels overwhelming.

Browserhax is also notoriously unstable, so it'd be best to install menuhax/another secondary exploit in the event you get it running.

EDIT: I can't spell

mikuheart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help running CPS2 on New 3DS. I am on the latest firmware and running the .cia version.

So pretty much any rom i try to run my 3ds gets an error message and reboots. Any idea on what can be causing this? I am new to retroarch in general so i haven't messed with any settings. Thanks.

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help running CPS2 on New 3DS. I am on the latest firmware and running the .cia version.

So pretty much any rom i try to run my 3ds gets an error message and reboots. Any idea on what can be causing this? I am new to retroarch in general so i haven't messed with any settings. Thanks.

Usually those kinds of errors are due to not having the correct roms. Make sure you're using roms compatible with a recent version of Final Burn Alpha (I'm assuming you're using the FBA retroarch cores and not the MAME retroarch cores). In addition, if you're trying to play a particular region rom (for example, Marvel Vs Capcom USA version) keep in mind that you usually need the parent rom as well; it'll usually be the bigger rom (again, for example: mvc.zip is the parent rom and about 20something MB, and mvcu.zip should be way smaller than that).

phoen1x74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to launch RetroArch with the Catsfc core, I get an error when I launch a game: "cannot push NULL or empty core name into the playlist" Then it just sits there with frames going up constantly and a black screen on top. The frames never stop going up; mine was at 6000 earlier. Also, I'm on a n3ds with 11.0 menuhax.

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
new 3DS, custom firmware Sys 11.0.0-33, cia, PCSX Rearmed.

Do you know how to run PCSX sound decently? I followed instructions here [disabling Audio/video sync (Settings>Audio>Audio Sync Enable OFF and setting sound resampler (Settings>Driver>Audio Driver>Audio) to "Nearest")] and while frame rate is not bad I still get terrible crackling sound, I have tried different configurations and none of them seems to work.

Last edited by Waveracer,
Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Biovirulent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, how do I transfer save files from PCSXR to pcsx rearmed? Savestates or memory cards, doesn't matter. Either is fine.

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, how do I transfer save files from PCSXR to pcsx rearmed? Savestates or memory cards, doesn't matter. Either is fine.

.mcr memory card files can be renamed to .srm for Retroarch compatibility. The .srm file must also have the same name as the game (example: tekken2.srm will be the memory card for tekken2.bin/cue).

Biovirulent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.mcr memory card files can be renamed to .srm for Retroarch compatibility. The .srm file must also have the same name as the game (example: tekken2.srm will be the memory card for tekken2.bin/cue).

Yeah, I found the fix. Thank you for your time, though. :)

focusonme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a fixed gpsp yet? ive got always these ugly lines on the top..these flickering white lines..ive got version 1.3.3

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yo is anyone else getting the glitch in (afaik) Dosbox and gpsp where you load up a rom and it immediately loads up the quick menu without letting you play.....? Cuz i wanna play me some scorched earth.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've haven't check this thread for a couple of months - are the latet builds still buggy, and we're best using 1.3.3? We're at 1.3.6 now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto