Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

D

Deleted User

You can't play ps1 games on the O3DS. Impossible. Will never happen.
O3DS doesn't have enough RAM or FCRAM. That's also why SNES VC was only released on N3DS - although, BLARGSNES does a good job on the O3DS in a dark magical way

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
OP should really update the OP to tell users to go with 1.3.3. for now until the screen tearing and bugs are fixed. Would definitely cut down on the shitposts in this thread.

kratoz29

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm trying to use my Circle Pad using Catsfc plus in my NN3DSXL but just when I enter to "Input User 1 Binds" I just get the following "SELECT FILE 1_INPUT_BINDS_LIST" and the emulator freezes... I cannot get out of there without restarting it.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
idk why emulators so shitty on old 3ds and good on psp the only thign the psp has over olf 3ds is a faster processor and its not much more fast then it the old 3ds has way more ram then the psp

caffVic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, guys, I was thinking about toying a little with PocketSnes code, maybe learn a little about emulators, but I can't find any how-to for compiling retroarch for the 3DS. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the PC version of RetroArch has support for Retro Achievements. Is there any possible way to port that particular part to the 3DS version? I prefer to play these on my 3DS instead of my laptop, and it would be nice to still get the Achievements for the different games that I play.

EDIT: By "is it possible", I'm mainly asking if there's a way for a homebrew app to log in to a website and exchange information, without opening the Internet Browser or anything like that, just doing everything in the background while the user is playing a game.

Last edited by Kurt91,

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
yeah but also the cores need to support a few interfaces and I know pocketsnes and catsfc don't at least.
gpsp doesn't either.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I'm trying to use PCSX ReARMed on N3DS ( a9lh installed, updated sysnand). I downloaded the latest stable version from here. Installed it as a CIA on my Sysnand.I placed the bios file in the required folder but whenever I try to load a psp rom, I receive that "an error has occured system needs to restart" error. Before the crash the bottom screen produces this error message "Does not have enough samples to monitor refresh rate samples" or sth like that. I tried deleting retroarch folder but it didn't fix it. On the app's bottom screen there's an error at the last line , it reads as follows "RetroArch
: cannot push NULL or empty core info into the playlist."

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Try using the previous stable version, 1.3.3.

AFAIK, the latest version has a number of problems.

Installed the version you said. I'm still encountering errors. I deleted retroarch folder and placed the bios file anew, now when I try to load a ROM I recieve this error "Does not have enough samples to monitor refresh rate samples" and it crashes to a system restart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (not my chat status, my actual forum title, such as "Well-known user")