Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Lately it seems like RetroArch is the the only thing being done on the 3DS Scene Emulation Section. Would love to see about some other types of Cores or Emus made, but doubt anything will happen with the Emulation I am hoping for.

To be honest, the 3ds scene was never lively. It got a lot of hax, yes. But the homebrew & emulators for the 3ds was kind of dead before RetroArch. And kind of dead after RetroArch. Without RetroArch I would throw my N3DSXL in the garbage can, or burn it up or something. Well well.

Reactions: SG6000

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Out of curiosity, is there any version of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo with a smooth frame rate on 3DS? The game has been ported to so many systems the handheld can emulate now GBA, PS1, CPS2. I'm not on a firmware that can use cia to test versions like ps1, etc., unfortunately. Would be interested in seeing O3DS vs N3DS handling the game as well.
The CPS2 version should work perfectly on an N3DS using Final Burn Alpha.

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gpsp Question - is there any way to force a save type? I'm getting the 1-M Circuit board error in some Firered mods, and I remember fixing it on VBA by changing the save type to flash 128k (or some such thing).

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

And that's the story of why I got a GBA...
Eh, out of all the libretro cores I've tried, GBA was always of least interest; mostly because a good chunk of games on GBA were ports from SNES and etc. but that's just me. >~>

gpsp Question - is there any way to force a save type? I'm getting the 1-M Circuit board error in some Firered mods, and I remember fixing it on VBA by changing the save type to flash 128k (or some such thing).

Is this not in the Core Options submenu (From the [Usually in-game] Quick Menu)? Because if not, then my only other guess is enforcing a save type in the ROM itself via a patch, since some particularly lazy programmers don't care to chance their respective save types...
Or so I'd like to believe. Somehow I doubt this is actually a thing.

And on a side note, has anything REALLY changed lately? It's been another half-month since I checked in and, at least on my N3DS, I've yet to find noticeable changes...

To be honest, the 3ds scene was never lively. It got a lot of hax, yes. But the homebrew & emulators for the 3ds was kind of dead before RetroArch. And kind of dead after RetroArch. Without RetroArch I would throw my N3DSXL in the garbage can, or burn it up or something. Well well.

Aaaaand while I'm still here for the night, may as well input some five cents into this;
3DS scene is sorta kinda prematurely in hiatus, it seems. After the whole Rinnegatemate fiasco earlier this year, most of the activity has been towards warez. Sure, CFW updates are still a thing, but again, it still kinda goes back to better warez support.
If only more ports, such as the libretro cores left over, existed on the 3DS to give it some more life.

Reactions: SLiV3R

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And on a side note, has anything REALLY changed lately? It's been another half-month since I checked in and, at least on my N3DS, I've yet to find noticeable changes...

Not much. We figured out the dynarec was causing the gpsp crashes, but that's about it. Outside of retroarch, someone figured out how to boot testmenu on a retail unit, which is pretty cool (though it doesn't really add any new functionality)

EDIT: Fan translations. HYPED for the Great Ace Attorney.

Last edited by GorrillaRIBS,
Reactions: SLiV3R

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Not much. We figured out the dynarec was causing the gpsp crashes, but that's about it. Outside of retroarch, someone figured out how to boot testmenu on a retail unit, which is pretty cool (though it doesn't really add any new functionality)

EDIT: Fan translations. HYPED for the Great Ace Attorney.

Not surprised I guess about the testmenu; if the PSP/Vita scene was anything to go by, it was gonna be cracked open eventually.
Oh yeah, translations.
Those are things. Eh. Better than warez at least.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i just got a new3ds and was wondering if the latest nightly had all the best versions of the emulators or if some older nightlys had some better less buggy cores

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i just got a new3ds and was wondering if the latest nightly had all the best versions of the emulators or if some older nightlys had some better less buggy cores
The latest nightlys and stable version has screen tearing, so use the 1.3.3 stable version.

Reactions: 4gionz

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, Does this runs Okey on O3DS? I wanna try some ps1 games.

Also, can someone help me on how to set up it? Do I need to install the .cia and where there goes the Bios File? Anybios for ps11 emulation does the job(like the psx one)?

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Hey guys, Does this runs Okey on O3DS? I wanna try some ps1 games.

Also, can someone help me on how to set up it? Do I need to install the .cia and where there goes the Bios File? Anybios for ps11 emulation does the job(like the psx one)?

You can't play ps1 games on the O3DS. Impossible. Will never happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye