Gaming Resident Evil Revelations gets 6/10 from EDGE!

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Just picked up gamesTM magazine, and to my surprise they have also given it a 6/10.

Closing comment:

Handheld editions of big console titles often feel like straight-to-video sequels - looking the part but lacking the polish - and Revelations is no different. It nails the atmosphere in its hybrid design, but those crucial sparks of brilliance that made the series so great, no matter which of its eras you prefer... they're as rare as a single use rocket launcher.

From Feb issue 118:
GTM_310x414.jpg

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Considering their ranking of the top 15 game machines of all time, I have little reason to believe gamesTM did an honest review of RE:R. That closing comment seemed biased, in that such a game by their standards should have been on a console than a handheld, so I feel they judged it because it wasn't a console game. Again, I feel 6/10 is too low, but it doesn't deserve 10/10 either.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If I were a true reviewer I would give it 7.5 - 9. It seems a little odd (to me) to use only one analog stick by default. Still, this game can be seen to really optimize the 3DS hardware with impressive visuals, proper utilization of touch screen and customizable 3D depth. The multi language supports are also welcoming (especially Japanese dubs). :P

The only problem is that this game is definitely not enjoyable without headphones and it will just feel like an ordinary girl trapped in a ship with a gun.

Yeah. Reviews are generally 90% opinion based.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Not to be too negative but, We've all played the demo which from what we know is the "ship" part of the game which several reviewers have stated is by far the best part of the game. Now judging the demo with that bit of knowledge im starting to get why reviewers are saying 6/10.

The demo controls are good but not great.
I still think the enemy design is poor but i conceed that the ship design is fantastic.
The scanning gun is a nice lil touch but it will get anoying after a while (Altho i do like that its optional so you could challange yourself and not use it to find ammo)
Even on the demo i still felt like i was playing a shooter and not a survival horror especially on hell mode due to the ammounts of ammo you could scan-find

Just to clarify, i think the game is good and i enjoyed the demo and finally being made to jump at a resdient evil game made me smile but these negative comments are on the "best" part of the game according to reviewers, which is why we have a demo set there. Im a lil concerned about what the other parts of the game will play like and if thats why the score is so low.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +3
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    awwwh :shit: ! I shouldn't have done that. Now that song will play on my mind ALL Day :sad::cry:
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder how long it will take for my number to port over lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dm it to me and you'll find out
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ninja: