Homebrew Reset track app

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
How delete data from Nintendo app journal of uses? I don't want restore band backup or do hard reset, but is there a way to do it without it?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open System Settings, go to Internet Settings > SpotPass > Sending of System Information and set it to "No". By doing this, then Nintendo will stop receiving telemetry altogether. You don't need to worry about erasing it. If you want to be extra safe, then you can do this after turning off that feature:

What is needed
  • CFW
  • Godmode9
What does this do?
  • We will rename the PTM savegame so the system creates a new one without the previous information of your used titles.
  • This way, any CIA Homebrew run during this window of time will be logged in this temporary PTM save and won't affect your previous PTM save.
Why would I do it?
  • I do it to leave my activity log and PTM "clean", looking like a retail unit.
WARNING: READ THIS BEFORE STARTING
  • IF YOU CHANGE THINGS OTHER THAN THOSE WRITTEN HERE WITH GODMODE9 YOU MAY BRICK YOUR SYSTEM.

STEP BY STEP

TURNING "INCOGNITO" MODE ON

• 1. Boot into GodMode9.
  • 2. Select "[1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND"
  • 3. Select "data"
  • 4. Select the id of your system (32 characters hexadecimal folder name)
  • 5. Select "sysdata"
  • 6. Select "00010022" (This is the PTM save data folder)
  • 7. You will find a single file named "00000000" there. Hold R then press X, this will prompt you to rename the file. Rename it to "10000000" (You will be asked to unlock writing to SYSNAND CTRNAND).
  • 8. Press START to reboot the system.
  • 9. DO NOT OPEN THE ACTIVITY LOG DURING THIS TIME (If you do it'll merge your temporary PTM data with your activity log save data).
  • 10. Install and/or launch any CIAs needed. Use them to your heart's content. (Remember to keep Wifi turned off just to be safer).
Please note: Any game time played during this time frame will not be added to your activity log unless you run the activity log during the "incognito" mode. Again, please do not do that. You will make me cry.

TURNING "INCOGNITO" MODE OFF
  • 1. Finish using your homebrew CIA. Optional: Uninstall every custom CIAs before proceeding.
  • 2. Turn the 3DS OFF and boot GodMode9.
  • 3. Select "[1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND"
  • 4. Select "data"
  • 5. Select the id of your system (32 char hexadecimal folder name)
  • 6. Select "sysdata"
  • 7. Select "00010022" (PTM save data folder)
  • 8. There will be 2 files inside the folder. Navigate to the "00000000", press X confirm to delete it. You will be asked to unlock SYSNAND writing.
  • 9. Navigate to the "10000000" file. This is your original PTM save file that we renamed earlier.
  • 10. Hold R and Press X to rename. Rename it to "00000000"
  • Press START to reboot the system.
  • Profit.

Reactions: fmkid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hey a thought occurred to me... If they are unexpected database errors, are there expected database errors?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, that's just a pre-order term to make the product look better it's not sold out
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never expect a website to last 24/7 it's like section 8
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    good afternoon fellas
    +1
    Gotten tag!
    Gutten lol
    Autocorrect isn't always correct
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    however,sad news today, although idk if i can say it bc it relates to a rom site
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rom or Ram site? Cause there's a big difference
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    rom,like game files
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    know what? to paraphrase sonic: "no GBAtemp rule in the universe is gonna stop me"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    vimm's lair had to remove a bunch of games because of nintendo, sega, and lego
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Got taken down? Another one bites the dust
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not taken down, but had to remove a bunch of games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sirloin sounds good tonight
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah it does
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    RIP Vimm's Lair (most of the games anyway), you will be missed

also i think this is a great time and reason to bring back a hashtag previously used about ubisoft
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    #stopkillinggames
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    #mailmesomesirloinsteak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mail you deeze nuts
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That be cheap, flat rate small envelope. Me- "Hey this envelope is empty, oh that makes since."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still fits in your mouth the same way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was looking at steaks other day at grocery, can't believe some cuts (angus) are like $25 a pound. Crazyness.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I was looking at steaks other day at grocery, can't believe some cuts (angus) are like $25 a...