Hacking [Request] R4 Gold Pro backup.bin (r4i-gold.com)

Jack_27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I somehow bricked my R4 Gold Pro (r4i-gold.com) trying to run YSMenu and I heard restoring it’s flash with a backup.bin (dump) would fix it.

It’s quite an old flashcart but I’d rather fix it instead of buying a new one.
Does anyone have a flashrom / backup.bin they could send me?
81C3EC87-27AF-412B-A7DA-CBA75D972241.jpeg EA8F5A3D-2CF7-427D-8D14-776A4BDF1B0F.jpeg

AnotherMuggle

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I somehow bricked my R4 Gold Pro (r4i-gold.com) trying to run YSMenu and I heard restoring it’s flash with a backup.bin (dump) would fix it.

It’s quite an old flashcart but I’d rather fix it instead of buying a new one.
Does anyone have a flashrom / backup.bin they could send me?
View attachment 204060 View attachment 204061
YSMenu should not cause you to need to flash the firmware. When you say it's been bricked, what behaviour are you actually seeing? Not detected by console? Console errors? White or black screens?

Jack_27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
YSMenu should not cause you to need to flash the firmware. When you say it's been bricked, what behaviour are you actually seeing? Not detected by console? Console errors? White or black screens?
As soon as I ran YSMenu the DS froze, so I turned off my DS Lite and turned it back on but the card was no longer being detected as if there was no card in the slot at all. I’ve tried the R4 on a another DS Lite and a 3DS but it isn’t being detected no matter what.

Usually there should be a game icon with ‘Konami Digital Entertainment’ and some Japanese words but there’s nothing showing up on any of my DS’s. I find it strange because I ran a different version of YSMenu before it bricked and it booted up fine apart from the fact that the screen displayed ‘unsupported DLDI name’ whenever I tried to load a game. So I tried using YSMenu from RetroGameFan’s thread and that’s when my R4 stopped working.

AnotherMuggle

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As soon as I ran YSMenu the DS froze, so I turned off my DS Lite and turned it back on but the card was no longer being detected as if there was no card in the slot at all. I’ve tried the R4 on a another DS Lite and a 3DS but it isn’t being detected no matter what.

Usually there should be a game icon with ‘Konami Digital Entertainment’ and some Japanese words but there’s nothing showing up on any of my DS’s. I find it strange because I ran a different version of YSMenu before it bricked and it booted up fine apart from the fact that the screen displayed ‘unsupported DLDI name’ whenever I tried to load a game. So I tried using YSMenu from RetroGameFan’s thread and that’s when my R4 stopped working.
Yeah that does sound suspicious but I still wonder if it's a coincidence that YSMenu was involved.

I did some searching but sadly I couldn't find anything that might help you. Hopefully someone comes along that can :)

A replacement cart would be cheap but I also think it would be interesting to try to revive this one!

Jack_27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah that does sound suspicious but I still wonder if it's a coincidence that YSMenu was involved.

I did some searching but sadly I couldn't find anything that might help you. Hopefully someone comes along that can :)

A replacement cart would be cheap but I also think it would be interesting to try to revive this one!

Damn, thanks anyway though. That's why I'm writing to see if anyone may have the same cart and if they might have a backup of it's firmware so I can try and restore it's flash.

I saw another forum here where someone else had the exact same issue but with a slightly different flashcart. The same thing happened with them where as soon as they tried to boot YSMenu, their screen froze and the game icon of the R4 disappeared when turning their DS off and then on.

If someone in the future ends up finding this forum and has found a solution please let me know! ;)

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i have two flashcards that, even if i dont know where they are now, i could swear they are exactly the same model. one is completely dead, the other kinda works iirc.

sadly my n3dsxl battery went bad like three or so weeks ago, so i dont have a way to dump the firmware i guess (unless someone points me how to do it with a ds lite and no gba flashcard)

if some more weeks or months pass and you dont have luck with finding the file, bump this thread to remind me of its existance and if i have a 3ds i'll dump it

btw kinda on topic, i have a GW blue card with hwid 44 i think, cant remmember if that was the exact number now (the deep labyrinth one), wich i bricked because i was in a hurry and i am dumb and tried my luck with ntrboot flashing like a year ago maybe? i've been procrastinating everything in life lately to unreal exents, and that includes asking here if someone has a card firmware backup of that. i guess someday i will make a thread about that.
(yes i tried to backup before flashing, but the backup options didnt include the specific card. i made a backup of every avaliable type and tried to restore all with no success)

if someone has a backup of a deep labyrinth gw blue card firmware, i'd be grateful. if i ever get another 3ds battery i guess. xd

Reactions: Jack_27

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1