United States
Last edited by delete12345,
Reactions: matt!

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HTTPS spoofing from Flog may lead to other unrelated certs. Evidence is because updates to the firmware have fixed some bugs, it should lead to other findings. Wait & see.

I got ya, but looking at this as a neat little easter egg rather than some forgotten code, I run into a mental-short when reading the message you had quoted on dragging certs out of this based on some mistake basis. But perhaps I am wrong in my assumptions.

Also, the sound of confirmation for NES Golf is ちょくせつ or 直接. (Directly!)

Pretty great tribute to leave as an easter egg.

Reactions: Shadowfied

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I feel sad about is the speed from not knowing how it is triggered, to everything out in the open. The journey barely lasted a full day. :(

If, next time, Nintendo puts in an Easter egg, I hoped it lasts 2 weeks, and actually have everyone engaged in it. It would be like the ARG (alternate reality games) from Nintendo.

Reactions: Shadowfied

guyman70718

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I feel sad about is the speed from not knowing how it is triggered, to everything out in the open. The journey barely lasted a full day. :(

If, next time, Nintendo puts in an Easter egg, I hoped it lasts 2 weeks, and actually have everyone engaged in it. It would be like the ARG (alternate reality games) from Nintendo.

We still don't know one part of it.

guyman70718

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem here is, there is a losing tide of demotivation when the end goal of knowing what triggers the game is out in the open. The devs may no longer look further into this Flog anymore, and that is exactly what I'm afraid about.

I think they will look until we can all reproduce it, it least I hope.

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reset my system, so it came up after powering on and I had to set the date. So, waiting for it to time out and I'll wake it with the motion. /crosses fingers.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is any real help, but I removed my console's battery and held the power button for 30 seconds before inserting it again and my date/time changed to 12:00 on December 31st, 2016. Maybe this cleared the cached time/date?
Cache is stored on your NAND flash chip, as a permanent file. Uncertain if there are ways to remove them as of writing.

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Cache is stored on your NAND flash chip, as a permanent file. Uncertain if there are ways to remove them as of writing.
Ah, dang. Never mind then. I assume there'll be a way to when Homebrew is a thing, but by then someone will probably figure out how to launch FLOG without needing the gesture and date and stuff at all.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has it been confirmed or disproved whether the system must be on 1.0.0?
I was trying on my 2.2.0 system (never connected to internet) to no avail earlier.
You just need to wait for July 11, in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, ...

Only the month and day is checked via Nintendo's time servers.

Also, the first time you connect to the internet, you retrieve that cache file on your NAND flash chip. You're out of luck if you actually connect to the Internet for the first time.

Last edited by delete12345,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo