Shalashaska
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Was wondering if anyone has ever bought a third party ags 101 screen from eBay or AliExpress and what your experience was with it? I'm wanting to drop one in my original GBA but don't want to get totally ripped off. I see some good reviews on AliExpress for this one (http://s.aliexpress.com/ERZfiyIn) but wanting some more input first.

Thanks

Edit: was looking at another entry for same thing but different seller.

Last edited by SonsofOcelot,

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had good experience with aliexpress and these screens. i bought 2 (at different times) from Gamers Zone. I used one for my GBA and the other for a GBASP. They both work great. Took a while to get to me here is the US, but that was expected.

Reactions: SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've had good experience with aliexpress and these screens. i bought 2 (at different times) from Gamers Zone. I used one for my GBA and the other for a GBASP. They both work great. Took a while to get to me here is the US, but that was expected.

Cool thanks for the reply. I'll be looking into Gamers Zone to compare.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Virdoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Mine got broken really soon. In 3 months if i'm not wrong... Also I had a lot of ghosting in modded GBA which is really a shame...

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never did like his shells. Well there not just "his" but the Chinese shells feel really bad for the most part. But the rest of his parts i've had no issues with.

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well guys I got a backlit sp for a really good price ($35). I appreciate your inputs. If I may ask about getting a replacement shell for it. I noticed one of you said it was ok and one of you said it was iffy at best. Any other places I can get a shell and aside from the shoulder buttons are the buttons interchangable with a regular GBA?

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
Mine got broken really soon. In 3 months if i'm not wrong... Also I had a lot of ghosting in modded GBA which is really a shame...
The ghosting was probably not the fault of the screen. This happens when you pair a 40 pin with an AB-Type screen. Had the same problem with an original AGS-101 screen and modding my original GBA.

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The buttons are not interchangeable with a original gba, sometimes you can find gba sp button sets on ebay and they can be original. But there is also a ton of aftermarket buttons on there too if you cant find a oem listing. I bought just a black sp shell and i hated it, it felt like garbage rough edges where the plastic met, flimsy on certain parts and so on. There is probably more then one chinese / japanese manufacturing facility but it is impossible to tell which sells which, you make like one from one seller and hate another from a totally different guy. I always just buy a broken sp with a decent shell and salvage it. It may end up with scratches or missing stickers but they feel so much better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo