Hacking Removed IOS 60

bvdrax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I removed IOS 60, I know it was stupid. I am on System Menu 4.0U. Is there anything I can do to recover that you may have heard of? I was thinking of trying the SaveMiiFrii, Drivekey, and Nintendo's Offical Wii BackUp Disk v1.31, but I heard that IOS 60 is required for the recovery menu to load.

Any thoughts?

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wii with the same problem um I haven't tried the savemii thing yet so idk if it will work so you can try that if that don't work you can try using an infectus.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try it @ ebay or buy a Wii with an broken dvd drive(here in germany i can get an "working" Wii with a broken dvd drive every week for 80-130€).
wink.gif

Edit:
Sorry, i forgot ...:
Than you can sell also the bt and wifi module from the broken Wii, the power supply, the remote, the ...
Sometimes are a lot of games included, some nunchuck, ...

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
i hope the savemii thing works... i just told a friend to get a chip to recover it with the recovery menu... he does get the 4.0U message at the bottom when clicking the GC buttons... btw he's also missing IOS60... or that's what i believe... waninoko's update didn't put it in ¬¬

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dajavax said:
i hope the savemii thing works...
It won't. The recovery menu is part of the system menu, which runs on IOS60.

Btw. @bvdrax
I really have to say this: *rofl* really how can you be so stupid to jsut delete random crap on your Wii where you don't know what it does?

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
u dont have preloader either?

if u do just go into HBC and run wad manager and install system menu 4.0 wad which u can get with NUSD

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He has deleted his System Meus IOS. HE IS FUCKED
The only way out would be bootmii as boot2, but he doesn't have this. So why don't you stop making suggestions that will never work?

bvdrax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I do appreciate the responses. Let's just call this stupid tax.

For those curious here is how I got into this situation:

So I updated to cIOS38 rev14 and decided to go brain dead and reload IOS 60. I got the System Files Corrupt message (Probably just needed to reload Preloader at this point), but could still get into preloader and launch HBC. I removed IOS 60, rebooted (with the intention of going back into preloader to reinstall IOS 60, alas preloader requires IOS 60) and now have a full brick. I removed the Health and Safety Screen early on so I never see that, it just comes up flickers and stays black.

bvdrax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, at the risk of sounding even more stupid. Can the SaveMiiFrii be accomplished with a wireless GC controller. That's all I have, and have not had any luck getting the 4.0U to appear. Not that I expect to get anywhere with it, but it would be sense of accomplishment just to get that. I have to eek every little bit I can now that I flushed this one down the toilet.

Thanks

azeazezar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm sorry, but your wii is a total brick. No recovery possible. Unless you get an infectus, dump the nand, decrypt it, add ios 60, encrypt it and put it back on the wii.

Sadly, these staps require your console's nend key. If you have it then good luck. if not: sucks to be you.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want to try you could send it to Nintendo (If it is still under warranty) saying that the power went out while updating and the Wii won't start anymore. Even if they do find anything it won't cost as much as getting a brand new Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4