Remove account on CFW/Retail switch ready for sale?

Lordbarker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As above. I'm running OFW on a sysNAND and Atmosphere on the EmuNAND. I have a version of my OFW profile on both setups. I don't go online with CFW but go online with OFW without issue. I'm thinking of getting rid of my Switch as use my PS5 more and wondered the best way to remove my accounts but keep the CFW on there. Any suggestions welcome. Cheers

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If CFW was on an emunand just factory reset your switch if your NAND is clean. You can go on Nintendo website to unlink your account if you are worry about that.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Lordbarker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If CFW was on an emunand just factory reset your switch if your NAND is clean. You can go on Nintendo website to unlink your account if you are worry about that.
Thanks. Yes CFW is on my EmuNand. So to be clear would I need to factory reset from the SysNAND on OFW AND the EmuNand CFW side?
Cheers

Lordbarker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to clarify will this wipe the EmuNAND? The Switch has a hard trinket mod.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure how helpful this will be, but all I did was initialize my system to get rid of my account when I sold my version 1 system. it will restart automatically, but you can just turn the system off while it gets to initial setup and it won't harm it.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: godreborn

Lordbarker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As long as you didn’t copy over your real Nintendo account to your emunand it’s fine to leave it as is. There will be nothing personally identifiable left behind once you take care of disassociating your account on Sysnand.

https://www.imore.com/how-reset-your-switch-selling-it
So...I did copy over my real account to my EmuNAND. Oops, that's the issue I'm having. I've never taken that the EmuNAND CFW online though but yeah the new buyer could...hence the worry in wanting to clean it.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emummc is disposable. Just format ofw and recreate emummc from it. Don't need to overcomplicate or overthink it.

Correct. Backup the files on the sd card to a PC. Format the sd card to FAT32/32k. Throw it back in the switch. Inject Hekate and build out a new emunand. Copy the files back over…call it a day.

Reactions: Lordbarker

Lordbarker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Correct. Backup the files on the sd card to a PC. Format the sd card to FAT32/32k. Throw it back in the switch. Inject Hekate and build out a new emunand. Copy the files back over…call it a day.
Thanks both. It was quite a while ago I setup the EmuNAND, is there a preferred guide to use to refresh my memory?

I also thought EmuNAND was a hidden partition I couldn't directly copy to a computer? Or am I misremembering?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks both. It was quite a while ago I setup the EmuNAND, is there a preferred guide to use to refresh my memory?

I also thought EmuNAND was a hidden partition I couldn't directly copy to a computer? Or am I misremembering?

These are steps I would hope a seller would do for me before sending a refreshed switch: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/making_emummc/

Right before you copy all the files back over from your PC to your sd card (last step not mentioned in the guide) compare the emmc.ini file in the /emmunand directory to make sure it’s exactly the same. If not you will need to keep the new one as it points to you new emmunand partition.

Reactions: Lordbarker

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bruh you dont need to do any of that... in ofw just factory reset. in emunand use goldleaf to force remove a nintendo linked profile. boom done. then the emunand and all its content(minus your account) stays in tact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: It's likely gonna be a bear in a catsuit