Torus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi,

I've decided to try my hand at visually documenting the different important file formats used in the Xbox One console. I'm releasing a PDF which visually shows the structure of these formats.
The first format I've documented is XVD (Xbox Virtual Disc) which is the main vessel used to transfer and store information in the system, including applications, assets, patches and even the different Operating Systems.

If this is useful, next I'll be documenting XVC (a derivation of XVD, which is used for the games) and VBI (The bootloaders for the OS VMs).

Find it attached. This is a first iteration of the diagram so don't hesitate to let me know your feedback, improvements or errors that you find. I will be updating this regularly with improvements and extended context about the different fields.

Cheers,
- Torus

Attachments

• XVD_visual_format.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 119

Torus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Nice work dude!

I’ve only looked at the PDF briefly so far but this is sick

Thank you! I'm looking forward to document all these formats in a similar style. Most newcomers to Xbox One research seem to struggle with these and even I keep reinventing the wheel sometimes and forget about parts of the format. I reckon this is a nice way to get introduced to xb1 shenanigans without having to read any code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT