Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Status update: I fixed the bug in my re-write that was messing with repacked Wii games and other types. Honestly the bug was so bad that I'm surprised that any titles generated properly at all. There was a bug in the way I was calling WIT to process the game and console output was getting randomly dumped into the files, both during unpacking and repacking <_< It's a miracle anything booted after that mess.

Tested Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with the GamePad forcing flags and patches which worked like a charm! It was confusing at first, because the stupid game only allows menu input with the D-Pad but the joystick works in battle just fine.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@FIX94 is it possible use gamepad on WiiWares that use the Wiimote in vertical position (no attachments)? I ask because I'm trying to make gamepad to work in ORBIENT, the game only uses the A and B buttons during gameplay (no motion shenanigans), and the d-pad to navigate the menu; although IR pointer is optional. It uses a button map pretty similar to Rythm Heaven where you can navigate the menu either with pointer or d-pad, I tried both -vertical and -horizontal parameters but couldn't manage the game recognize the gamepad, not even the home button works...

Last edited by cucholix,

matruka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One more question:
Where do the injected wii games save too? Could find any save files on the hdd with device manager.

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I'm having a probrem when starting a GameCube game on the virtual console, I get the error failed to create the memory Card file.
What options did you use to build your game? What options do you have set in the Nintendont settings? Can you get us a screenshot of the error? Or anything to work with?

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody explain how to use fix94's wiivc chan booter with this script?

Do I rename the main.dol to boot.dol and put it in source files? Then do I put title.txt in "TOOLS/WIT/files"? Is that it?
You put the WiiVC Chan Booter in source files as boot.dol, and put title.txt in TOOLS\HOMEBREWBASE\files folder

Reactions: Peninsula

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
for N64 VC, you have to use -instantcc in nfs2iso2nfs to make them detect the classic controller emu, on top of that super mario 64 is one of the early SDK titles so you also have to unpack its wad with something like wii.cs tools, then drag and drop its 00000001.app into GetExtTypePatcher, then repack it with wii.cs tools with trucha sign tik and tmd enabled, install that and THEN it should work properly.

@FIX94 : For repacking "wad" file, can I use Sharpii with "-f" option? Is this option is the same that Trucha sign of Wii.cs Tools?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@FIX94 : For repacking "wad" file, can I use Sharpii with "-f" option? Is this option is the same that Trucha sign of Wii.cs Tools?
yup, trucha sign is just the oldschool name for it, it just means to fakesign something, was given that name by some person years and years ago.

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Or you could just unpack your wad with ShowMiiWads, patch the 00000001.app, and repack the wad.
Thanks but I want something in commandes lines, that's why I ask about Sharpii. Fix94 has talked about Sharpii in this topic when he had created the Wiivc_Chan_Booter.

yup, trucha sign is just the oldschool name for it, it just means to fakesign something, was given that name by some person years and years ago.

Thanks Fix94.

Last edited by shadow256,

ER_Mac3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Been doing a lot of GC installs but suddenly I can't install anything anymore, my WUP Installer is always stuck on 0% whenever I try to install something, returning me no error messages at all. Did I do something wrong in the process of injecting the game or is it a bigger problem? I've been doing the process exactly the same as before, when it was working, so it's a little strange. Anyone experienced it yet?

Last edited by ER_Mac3,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me, or the L+R buttons (Gamecube adapter) are not working properly in Nintendont? I'm having a lot of problems trying to do the drifting in Mario Kart DD, @FIX94 ? Like if I press many buttons at the same time or something, the R button stops for a second and I can't do my drift.

SuperStarSam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly, Legacy TE uses BrawlEX and unfortunately won't work yet. I know the guy who worked on Brawl Builder said he was trying to make a version that worked with BrawlEX, but I don't know if he ever found a solution

Yes, I used his fixed version of Brawl Builder and I successfully created an iOS of Legacy TE and injected into my Wii U. I followed his guide on the official Legacy Discord server.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I know you said you built them yourself, are you using Brawl Builder or another method?

Brawl builder, although it was altered specifically for this process in a guide I followed in the Legacy Discord server.

Reactions: totaledcds

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@FIX94 : I've tried to test GetExtTypePatcher v1.1 with some wad files and I've got a strange result for one of them.

- For Super Mario 64 NTSC, the app seems to find the apropriate patch, no problem.
- For OHBL (I use it for testing purpose), the app told me that there was nothing to patch, no problem.
- For Super Mario 64 PAL, the app told me "Unable to open input file!". I'm realy not sure of my source for this file and I haven't install it on my v-wii but the launch of this file on Dolphin work. What do you think of it?

For each test, the conditions was the same.

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been doing a lot of GC installs but suddenly I can't install anything anymore, my WUP Installer is always stuck on 0% whenever I try to install something, returning me no error messages at all. Did I do something wrong in the process of injecting the game or is it a bigger problem? I've been doing the process exactly the same as before, when it was working, so it's a little strange. Anyone experienced it yet?
Post logs, also check that you're not running out of hard disc space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol