Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What game is that? If a game doesn't support classic controller, or needs to use wiimote for pointer or shake or motion plus, gamepad cannot be used, you wont be able to play the game

The game is Sonic Colors.

I had manually injected it before and it worked perfectly, but I had used the Xenoblade ID, which prevented me from having both games installed.
So I decided to do it again, this time through the WiiVC Injector, but whenever I do, the game ends up emulating the Wiimote (with the Y and X buttons on the gamepad mapped as 1 and 2 in the Wiimote etc) instead of the Classic Controller.

The same thing happened with Tatsunoko vs Capcom, so I think that it's not a problem with the game itself.

Last edited by MG4M3R,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is Sonic Colors.

I had manually injected it before and it worked perfectly, but I had used the Xenoblade ID, which prevented me from having both games installed.
So I decided to do it again, this time through the WiiVC Injector, but whenever I do, the game ends up emulating the Wiimote (Y and X as 1 and 2 etc) instead of the Classic Controller.

The same thing happened with Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, so it's not a problem with the game itself.
Did you try out FIX94's suggestion above?

in order to get the main.dol from the game, you have to extract your wii game iso with wit, and when you are done patching it with GetExtTypePatcher, rebuild the iso, some people have a problem with command prompt, so here are some simple bat files for extraction and building of wii isos, i included them in WIT

https://mega.nz/#!a5VlEZBC!hM4GtHDfv2FLaJKXFiXVsTiPvxT4hZM_eiEEkOjl6fA

Name your wii game to game.iso and place it in the WIT folder provided, it extracts to output folder and rebuilds from output to new game.iso

Last edited by wicksand420,
Reactions: MG4M3R

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the wii vc classic controller emulation is not perfect as nintendo never really finished it, you should use my very latest nfs2iso2nfs and maybe use it with -instantcc in the command line which helps some titles, if your games then still dont work you probably have to patch the wii game main.dol of that game with my GetExtTypePatcher.

Did you try out FIX94's suggestion above?

in order to get the main.dol from the game, you have to extract your wii game iso with wit, and when you are done patching it with GetExtTypePatcher, rebuild the iso, some people have a problem with command prompt, so here are some simple bat files for extraction and building of wii isos, i included them in WIT

https://mega.nz/#!a5VlEZBC!hM4GtHDfv2FLaJKXFiXVsTiPvxT4hZM_eiEEkOjl6fA

Name your wii game to game.iso and place it in the WIT folder provided, it extracts to output folder and rebuilds from output to new game.iso

Thank you very much for the help.

Just to better clarify my problem.

I had already managed to make Sonic Colors work earlier when I injected it by doing the whole process manually, just modifying the code in the Meta file, and it detected the Gamepad as the Classic Controller without any problem.

The problem is only when I try to inject it using the WiiVC Injector to streamline the process.

And it is not that the game doesn't detect the Classic Controller, the code that seems to have been patched to emulate the Wiimote, since the Gamepad buttons even get mapped to Wiimote buttons, with X and Y running as 1 and 2.

That's what made me believe that the problem could be with nfs2iso2nfs.

Again, thanks for the help, I'll try what you suggested and post the results as soon as possible.

Last edited by MG4M3R,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for the help.

Just to better clarify my problem.

I had already managed to make Sonic Colors work earlier when I injected it by doing the whole process manually, just modifying the code in the Meta file, and it detected the Gamepad as the Classic Controller without any problem.

The problem is only when I try to inject it using the WiiVC Injector to streamline the process.

And it is not that the game doesn't detect the Classic Controller, the code that seems to have been patched for to emulate the Wiimote, since the Gamepad buttons even get mapped to Wiimote buttons, with X and Y running as 1 and 2.

That's what made me believe that the problem could be with nfs2iso2nfs.

Again, thanks for the help, I'll try what you suggested and post the results as soon as possible.
Ok, i was assuming that this was one of the wii games that read the wiimote first before the classic controller. Hopefully that helps you out though.

kevinbrew

Trophies
XP
Country
use what i posted above and patch the main.dol on the resident evil game
ive tried all the patches and flag but still doesnt work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

on the WiiU VC Wii inject compatibility list list, they said The game doesn't recognize the Classic Controller when changing the value in the XML to 65537. Asks for Wiimote input first.

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Has anyone got RESIDENT EVIL 4 WII EDITION to work with gamepad?

Resident Evil 4 is a very special case because it requires the player to have the Nunchuk connected to get to the title screen. Only then could you disconnect it and connect the Classic Controller.

Because of this, you would need a way to switch between the Wiimote and Nunchuk emulation and the Classic Controller to make it work.

Last edited by MG4M3R,

kevinbrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Resident Evil 4 is a very special case because it requires the player to have the Nunchuk connected to get to the title screen.

Because of this, you would need a way to switch between the Wiimote and Nunchuk emulation and the Classic Controller to make it work.
dont think thats ever gonna happen. But at least im not the only one to not get past the connect nunchuck screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof