Hacking [Release] Wii U Zip

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
:rofl2:

I edited my post, you might wanna look at it. ;)

I used @NWPlayer123 's SARCPack and changed the value to 0x100 (it's the default value anyway), tested in game, weird glitches.

but I looked at every PACK I could find and the common thread wasn't 0x2000 its just to the nearest 0x100...
I'm saying 0x2000 may be the default for SARC, not PACK.

AboodXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I doubt he'd manage to add gtx, it took me everything to make an incomplete gtx extractor.

I doubt he'd manage to figure out the swizzling by himself.

I have documented the format here:
http://mk8.tockdom.com/wiki/GTX_(File_Format)

He can basically save my function as an extra script and use it using command lines.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Adding BFRES might be a bit difficult, I tried to make a tool to extract textures from BFRES and then repack BFRES, but I failed... :/
He might get it working, always hope for the best. ;)

jam1garner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt he'd manage to add gtx, it took me everything to make an incomplete gtx extractor.

I doubt he'd manage to figure out the swizzling by himself.

I have documented the format here:
http://mk8.tockdom.com/wiki/GTX_(File_Format)

He can basically save my function as an extra script and use it using command lines.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Adding BFRES might be a bit difficult, I tried to make a tool to extract textures from BFRES and then repack BFRES, but I failed... :/
He might get it working, always hope for the best. ;)
That's a little rude to say, especially considering the Wii U general branch of a program I've collabed with people on already has BFRES viewing support... it already can parse GTX and BFRES so it wouldn't be that hard for me to migrate some of that stuff over (or add Wii U Zip as a part of Wii U branch of Smash Forge). I already made some SARC/YAZ0 stuff for it so it would only be about an hour of coding to get everything setup and working well. So likely in the future it should have all the stuff you need there @pietempgba

Here it is if you'd like to check it out, most of the BFRES work was done by smb123w64gb,

OK, I'll try.
The default value is 0x100, right?
It rounds up to the nearest 0x100 not padded to that static offset. After I finish up some stuff with ROM injection in Smash 4/Amiibo tap I'll add the additional save option for padded SARC.

AboodXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Excuse my rudeness then. :rofl:

I have done some BFRES stuff myself too, and I'm aware of the current tools and current workers on them.

By the way, they use the Wii U's SDK to convert GTX, which I totally wouldn't recommend (if you want your tool to be perfectly legal). :/

The GTX format is a nightmare, as you can see, they didn't bother creating a tool for it.

I'll try Wii U Zip later. ;)

jam1garner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse my rudeness then. :rofl:

I have done some BFRES stuff myself too, and I'm aware of the current tools and current workers on them.

By the way, they use the Wii U's SDK to convert GTX, which I totally wouldn't recommend (if you want your tool to be perfectly legal). :/

The GTX format is a nightmare, as you can see, they didn't bother creating a tool for it.

I'll try Wii U Zip later. ;)
Yeah I've never touched SDK tools for REing or tools, our GTX is not based on TexConv2 so its pretty legally in the clear. Please report back with how well Wii U Zip works with NSMBU, I am not sure how long it will be till I receive the copy I bought.

jam1garner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to clarify that I mean it doesn't use the TexConv2 exe in the conversion process. Here is what I believe to be the current version implemented in C#. I believe at one point we might have removed all the types that smash doesn't use so there might be some types missing currently that you can find in the revisions. I believe this is a port from C++ to C# Aelan did of his GTX class based on your stuff (iirc he said he fixed something? not entirely sure what he said he changed when moving stuff over). I'm sure you can figure out what is different. Our main purpose for this was just for rendering as for Smash 4 modding we have the NUT texture container which can have either GTX textures or DDS textures. (However Smash 4 uses GTX for a lot of stuff so we still need to be able to render it!) Since DDS textures are easier to handle we stick with those in order to reduce the possibility of issues. As for application in a Wii U sense I suggest you look at our Wii U General branch, which smb is planning on adding a texture manager for ftex in order to streamline texture hacking. Personally I'm not much of a model/texture kinda guy so I don't really know all the details of the format, but smb/aelan/ploaj have a much better handle on that soon.

GTX implementation in main branch:
https://github.com/jam1garner/Smash-Forge/blob/master/Smash Forge/Filetypes/Textures/GTX.cs

and here is some implementation of rendering:
https://github.com/jam1garner/Smash-Forge/blob/WiiU_General/Smash Forge/Filetypes/Models/BFRES.cs

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh yeah... its a hacking tool. its a tool for hacking/modding various nintendo titles that is run on Windows... not sure what your deal is...

Just realized pack may be broken in this release but once I get the padding fixed it should work 100% for that.
*sees wii u zip*
Oh neat! an archiver I can use on the Wii U! That'll be great for homebrew and stuff

*reads near the bottom of the post* windows only....? Oh, I guess it's a windows app, not homebrew.

TADA! this was my experience. It's great that it's easy for you to understand, but please understand that others may not think exactly like you and be confused. It's a simple matter to fix, just consider it constructive criticism.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
*sees wii u zip*
Oh neat! an archiver I can use on the Wii U! That'll be great for homebrew and stuff

*reads near the bottom of the post* windows only....? Oh, I guess it's a windows app, not homebrew.

TADA! this was my experience. It's great that it's easy for you to understand, but please understand that others may not think exactly like you and be confused. It's a simple matter to fix, just consider it constructive criticism.
exactly what I was saying at the start of the thread.

Reactions: osaka35

jam1garner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@AboodXD Got tired of waiting for you to test, here is a build of version 0.9 - adds LE support and custom SARC exports - define padding amount, endianess and Yaz0 flags before saving as a yaz0 sarc or a normal sarc. Please test and get back to me on issues so I can make this an actual release.

Edit: didn't have it in this build but I'll add something to display the padding when you open an archive.

Last edited by jam1garner,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gallium Arsenic Nitride :P lol