[Release] Themely - A beautiful theme manager

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by erman1337, Apr 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erman1337
    OP

erman1337 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2015
    Belgium
    Brussels
    Are you sure the payload is named "otherapp.bin" in the root of the SD card?

You should get CFW if you can run soundhax

2. Nomelas

Nomelas GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2015
    Canada
    can you take a screenshot of your SD card root, and hblauncherloader folders.

But really, why are you running the 3dsx version and not install the cia?

3. legodestroyer77

legodestroyer77 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    United States
    20170513_110713.jpg 20170513_110732.jpg 20170513_110742.jpg 20170513_110732.jpg
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have the boot.3dsx in the root of my sd card :/

Sure here is a pic of the root of the sd card

Here is a picture of the 3ds folder in my sd card

And here is the other part of the 3ds folder with themely in it

Last edited by legodestroyer77, May 13, 2017
  4. TheGuyMadeOfTofu

TheGuyMadeOfTofu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2016
    You know. Yo could have taken a screencap instead I'm taking a photo of your comp. Screen.

5. Nomelas

Nomelas GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2015
    Canada
    Why didn't you follow https://3ds.guide/ to install a9lh?

But likely, you need to update your otherapp.bin

6. legodestroyer77

legodestroyer77 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    United States
    I don't want to do try to install a9lh because I don't want my 3ds to possibly get my 3ds bricked.

And also I have updated my otherapp.bin, and every time I say that someone else says I probably need my otherapp.bin updated -_-

7. Lukerz

Lukerz Sloth. That's it.

Apr 24, 2017
    United States
    Maryland
    Ur not gonna brick if ur not dumb.

Nomelas likes this.
  8. Kilim

Kilim Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2017
    United States
    if you follow the guide exactly there is virtually zero chance of you bricking your 3ds

anyways, do you think you can add /Themes/ directory support into the themely directory under /3ds/?

9. Runemaster

Runemaster Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2017
    France
    I was leery too, I waited as long as for Big N to go from 11.1 to 11.3 with the firmware releases, and the only trouble I had was near the end when my SD was not recognized by the software to reinstall my system... very stressful, nothing worked... until I plugged my SD in my comp, transferred all the content into the original 4Gb SD I got with my N3DS (I was using a 16Gb Kingston) and it worked instantly and perfectly. If you wanna try, the only rules to not risk a brick is :
    - do it calmly with no one to trouble you for the next 2 hours
    - have spare SD of other manufacturers, if you haven't kept the original SD, sometimes Godmode9 is picky
    - take your time, do what is said in the guide, and ONLY that
    - don't hesitate to use the team's Discord channel to ask questions beforehand, or while you're doing it
    -------
    I see that you have otherapp.bin, payload.bin and robpin.bin on the root of your SD, maybe the problem is there, try using only the latest version of the otherapp and remove the other 2 from your SD

Nomelas likes this.
  10. legodestroyer77

legodestroyer77 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    United States
    Well I don't really want to try that even if it won't brick my 3ds because I still don't want a chance of it bricking because something will most likely go wrong and I don't have 2 hours to dedicate to doing it nonstop. Also I added the other ones because the otherapp.bin wasn't working by itself so I decided to see if putting the other ones in would work and they are all newly updated.

11. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    I look forward to being able to download themes through the app. CHMM2 used to work pretty well for that, but now that part of the app appears to be broken or something, last I tried you couldn't preview themes you wanted to download and it would error out with extracting the zip. Considering the dev is not working on CHMM2 anymore, this does look like it would be a great replacement, but until it gets that ability to download themes, there really isn't anything making it any different from what CHMM2 currently can do. So I'm holding off on downloading Themely since I already have CHMM2 until that feature is implemented.

12. Lukerz

Lukerz Sloth. That's it.

Apr 24, 2017
    United States
    Maryland
    I once did a system transfer and was sure I lost all my data when I booted up my ds and don't find anything. But after an SD cars change it was all there! But that's getting off topic.

13. Starboy

Starboy GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2017
    India
    Can you change the name of the theme before transferring them to the sd card,

14. DavionBlackwing

DavionBlackwing GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you SO MUCH for this. CHMM was really really slow and clumsy. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Last edited by DavionBlackwing, May 15, 2017
  15. miraclaime

miraclaime custom themes maniac

Jun 12, 2015
    Indonesia
    In your house, naked
    I have 90 themes on my folder and themely take ages to scan them.. This became annoying everytime i want to install a theme, also is there a way to sort my theme name ? Idk why my theme wont appear in alphabetical order a-z in themely

16. xscaralienx

xscaralienx Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    Mexico
    how does the app manages file names? I have some with "0" at the start so they appear first on chmm2. However on Themely they seem to be all mixed up

17. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 Jabberwocky Slayer

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Underland
    No, I didn't read through 22 pages before asking. N3DS + A9LH+Luma; 11.3 USA -So my themes worked fine when using CHMM2, but with themely they refuse to install half the time. I keep getting "An error has occurred. You have version 1.2.1. Failed to write to Bgmcache.bin. Try selecting one of the default color themes on the home menu settings and try again". Which I have done, but still reproduces the error. The strange thing is, this doesn't always happen and sometimes happens with the same theme that was just installed with no issues. Sometimes the error displays when the cache was written correctly as well, as it crashes to the HomeMenu but with the theme installed..... Shuffle just gives me the same error every single time.

18. Reesestorm

Reesestorm Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2017
    United States
    So when will theme downloader be implemented? Or is that just a theory that might happen?

19. DavionBlackwing

DavionBlackwing GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2017
    Would love if this app was like CHMM in a way that, when you install the theme, you can suspend the app and see how the theme looks actually installed. I have to close the app (with START which is almost like a RESET, see how the theme looks, then initate Themely again (which takes a while to scan themes) then search for the theme, etc. It would also be neat to add some sort of order and search. If you could put the order yourself, on your own how you wish, that'd be really neat, too. One last suggestion that it's more of a wish than something that could happen; folder organizing so I could order by custom and official themes :P

Still, it's a bit faster to me than CHMM, looks a bit better, and shows previews instantly in the menu itself so I'm really glad this happened and I still thank you for it. I'm just adding suggestions for the future - not orders, so don't take it as such, please. :D

Last edited by DavionBlackwing, May 16, 2017
  20. Spectrall

Spectrall Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2017
    I think it's by the time which it was created? Not too sure, all my recently added themes seem to end up at the bottom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.