ROM Hack [Release] [Spider] LeafTools: Animal Crossing New Leaf spiderhax

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crossposting from another ACNL topic for exposure and assistance:

Just want to say thanks again to everyone who has helped fill in the Hex address spreadsheet. things are really coming along and there's more data almost every day. I've added a TODO list in cell A1, so if you want to help, those are the ways to help. The list is publicly editable, so feel free to make any constructive changes, and comment anywhere you're unsure.

Once again, the spreadhseet URL is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mhEyDcc76wNVrIS6qsx_bzK2lP5cBmCxiVeQFezTjpU/edit?usp=sharing

Reactions: baandit

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The house exterior shapes are wrong, I can't edit, but someone should change them to the proper values!

00 = Mansion (this one is correct)
01 = Zen Castle (written as 06)
02 = Castle (written as 07)
03 = Modern House (written as 08)

Deleted member 355359

Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
Crossposting from another ACNL topic for exposure and assistance:
Just want to say thanks again to everyone who has helped fill in the Hex address spreadsheet. things are really coming along and there's more data almost every day. I've added a TODO list in cell A1, so if you want to help, those are the ways to help.
Once again, the spreadhseet URL is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mhEyDcc76wNVrIS6qsx_bzK2lP5cBmCxiVeQFezTjpU/edit?usp=sharing

HOLY *** THANK YOU!!!!!!! I needed something like this for a loooong time, thx ^_^

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The house exterior shapes are wrong, I can't edit, but someone should change them to the proper values!

00 = Mansion (this one is correct)
01 = Zen Castle (written as 06)
02 = Castle (written as 07)
03 = Modern House (written as 08)

It's fixed now, thank you. But it is publicly editable, even without a google account. Maybe it's your browser.

alex212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somebody please help me, I think I might have completely broken my game.
I used the map editor and added a second river (I have used the map editor before and it was fine) and I went into my game and none of the map changes showed up (no river in game, but there was one on the map etc.). I thought it was normal because it happened before so I just closed my game to restart it so my changes would show up. When I went to start my game, it started loading like usual (train icon) but then crashed and my ds restarted? I have made 2 save back-ups (one before the hacks and one after before it broke) but I can't even get into my game to restore. Somebody please help, I'm scared because I spent so much time on my town:( I have a digital game.

Deleted member 355359

Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
Somebody please help me, I think I might have completely broken my game.
I used the map editor and added a second river (I have used the map editor before and it was fine) and I went into my game and none of the map changes showed up (no river in game, but there was one on the map etc.). I thought it was normal because it happened before so I just closed my game to restart it so my changes would show up. When I went to start my game, it started loading like usual (train icon) but then crashed and my ds restarted? I have made 2 save back-ups (one before the hacks and one after before it broke) but I can't even get into my game to restore. Somebody please help, I'm scared because I spent so much time on my town:( I have a digital game.

STEP 1. Go into your 3DS SD card, go into the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, then the folder with random letters, then the folder with random letters inside of it.
STEP 2. Find "title", go into it, then go into "00040000"
STEP 3. Go into "00086300" (I think that's what it's called) Put the "data" folder on your computer, then delete it from the 3DS sd card.
STEP 4. If you restart your game it should report to you that the save file is corrupted. Now create a new town and inject your save file.

Reactions: Jwiz33

alex212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
STEP 1. Go into your 3DS SD card, go into the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, then the folder with random letters, then the folder with random letters inside of it.
STEP 3. Go into "00086300" (I think that's what it's called) Put the "data" folder on your computer, then delete it from the 3DS sd card.
STEP 4. If you restart your game it should report to you that the save file is corrupted. Now create a new town and inject your save file.

There isn't a 00086300, but there's 00086400 and it has the data folder inside it, should I just delete that one?

EDIT:
I deleted the data folder, put the SD card back in and started my game but this came on the screen (it didn't load, just straight to this message).
IMG_6728_zpsjq29vsxp.jpg

SyndalKin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello!! first of all these tools are so great tysm ahh but also!!! i was wondering if anyone else had come face to face with the same, erm, eveNT.. as i have!! it's nothing bad really, i dont mind it, i was just wondering if anyone else had the same thing going for them.

so!! i've evicted a few villagers and moved the rest of my villagers' homes into a small corner and when i was done i was like ok nice and i went on with my daily routine, but then i went to the shopping centre and when i got there i saw a few of my old villagers that had moved out prior to me using these hacks on more natural terms!! i was really... confused?? i went back into town and their houses weren't there, and when you talk to them they talk as if they're simply stopping by for a quick shopping trip, its just really puzzling because before this they were long gone!! like i said before, i dont mind having them around, and there's the chance that they might just disappear eventually, but its so... weird its like a ghOST TOWN....

NeoKamek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DO NOT DO THIS. There is absolutely ZERO reason you would ever want to mess with the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on your SD card.

As explained in the OP, when starting Animal Crossing: New Leaf, hold down the ABXY buttons, and you will be prompted to erase all save data. From there you can start a new town and inject a previous save - look at the "HELP! I bricked my town!" part of the OP. There is absolutely no reason to meddle around with the files in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on your SD card, doing so is a ticket on the bullet train to disaster.

NeoKamek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't a 00086300, but there's 00086400 and it has the data folder inside it, should I just delete that one?

EDIT:
I deleted the data folder, put the SD card back in and started my game but this came on the screen (it didn't load, just straight to this message).

Ugh, looks like I was too late on the warning here...

Chances are you will have to delete Animal Crossing: New Leaf entirely off of your SD card, and redownload it from the eshop. Don't panic though, once you've reset to a clean copy of the game, you can still start a new town and inject your save. Check out the OP, there's a guide on how to do it ("HELP I bricked my town")

alex212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh, looks like I was too late on the warning here...

Chances are you will have to delete Animal Crossing: New Leaf entirely off of your SD card, and redownload it from the eshop. Don't panic though, once you've reset to a clean copy of the game, you can still start a new town and inject your save. Check out the OP, there's a guide on how to do it ("HELP I bricked my town")

Somehow it didn't show the same screen and I managed to delete all the data:D Thankyou so much! I'm sorry I must haven't read that part, but thanks for the help.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello!! first of all these tools are so great tysm ahh but also!!! i was wondering if anyone else had come face to face with the same, erm, eveNT.. as i have!! it's nothing bad really, i dont mind it, i was just wondering if anyone else had the same thing going for them.

so!! i've evicted a few villagers and moved the rest of my villagers' homes into a small corner and when i was done i was like ok nice and i went on with my daily routine, but then i went to the shopping centre and when i got there i saw a few of my old villagers that had moved out prior to me using these hacks on more natural terms!! i was really... confused?? i went back into town and their houses weren't there, and when you talk to them they talk as if they're simply stopping by for a quick shopping trip, its just really puzzling because before this they were long gone!! like i said before, i dont mind having them around, and there's the chance that they might just disappear eventually, but its so... weird its like a ghOST TOWN....

Villagers that have moved out of your town will appear on Main Street frequently. This is not a glitch.

DuskSpark

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I just wanted to respond to the message under instructions regarding a red screen when trying to create a save backup, considering I'm not running any emulation or other backup, and the other tools (tested bank, bells in lockers and grass) working perfectly and giving the green screen, as well as getting the dump for marc_max's editor (I am unsure if that counts as a backup?). My region is set to United Kingdom, Wales. If it's anything worth of note, I am getting the mori.bin generated, but I don't know if it's actually backing-up, especially as the file size is only 1mb.

Thanks/apologies in advance, with more apologies if I shouldn't of posted this here, though I guess it could be of help to others with this problem?

Sere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What question!?

"I know there is a ROM Editor version for editing the badges themselves, but is there a way (through the QR thing or otherwise) to change how it keeps track of how close you are to force Phineas to show up and give you the ones you want??"
I've asked it twice now, but both times it has been overlooked.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I know there is a ROM Editor version for editing the badges themselves, but is there a way (through the QR thing or otherwise) to change how it keeps track of how close you are to force Phineas to show up and give you the ones you want??"
I've asked it twice now, but both times it has been overlooked.

So far I haven't seen anyone look for this data, and the nature of finding these HEX values will likely make that very difficult. Right now, we are able to change what badge we have, which is, for 99% of people, good enough.

flowermilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello! i recently attempted to perform the bank breaker hack, but i keep ending up with an error message, no color flash on the screen and no desired effect has come. i have reset my browser settings at least four times at this point, taken the sd card in and out, taken the cartridge out, and nothing has worked thus far. my system version is 9.4.0-21U, im positive i've saved the files correctly on the sd card; everything i could've possibly done right has more than likely been done right, so i'm kind of at a loss here. any advice to help me out??

D

Deleted User

hello! i recently attempted to perform the bank breaker hack, but i keep ending up with an error message, no color flash on the screen and no desired effect has come. i have reset my browser settings at least four times at this point, taken the sd card in and out, taken the cartridge out, and nothing has worked thus far. my system version is 9.4.0-21U, im positive i've saved the files correctly on the sd card; everything i could've possibly done right has more than likely been done right, so i'm kind of at a loss here. any advice to help me out??
If you downloaded the files, and it isnt working, maybe the files are corrupted. Redownload them and put them on the sd and scan the qr cide. IT SHOULD WORK!!!

kirekun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry Stupid Question.

Where is the QR Code executed?
3ds Camera (Prompts me to close application)
or the Sabel Sisters?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn