The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If RXtools was maintained it wouldnt be a problem in the first place

Seems Legit
It was, then for whatever reason there was some problems and now they clearly need to be fixed
But there's no reason to trash on the project, now that someone is actually trying to fix it and support it again.

Last edited by The Catboy,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was, then for whatever reason there was some problems and now they clearly need to be fixed
But there's no reason to trash on the project, now that someone is actually trying to fix it and support it again.
How to Fix RXtools
Drop the Tools because Decrypt9 does all that way better than RX does.
Fix the bugs

Owait this sounds like every other firmware out there :^)

The project trashed itself there is a reason they dropped the tools inthe first place but doing that also defeated the point of the FW in the first place.

All this is doing is pushing a dead horse along.

Last edited by izy,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How to Fix RXtools
Fix the bugs

Owait this sounds like every other firmware out there :^)

The project trashed itself there is a reason they dropped the tools inthe first place but doing that also defeated the point of the FW in the first place.

All this is doing is pushing a dead horse along.
So you are going to salty when the project is dead, then be salty when it comes back to life? This is what's wrong with the current Temp. The members have become ungrateful brats who are just going to throw shit at devs no matter what they do. And then turn around and wounder why so many projects leave the Temp and go into private development.
There are tons of members who would love to see RXTools have a comeback and be the CFW it used to be, but at this point it's pretty obvious that the community really doesn't deserve that if they are just going to complain about it.

Last edited by The Catboy,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are tons of members who would love to see RXTools have a comeback and be the CFW it used to be, but at this point it's pretty obvious that the community really doesn't deserve that if they are just going to complain about it.

The thing is its NEVER going to be the CFW it used to be ,oh and about that private development mention, RXtools was original Private development until people cracked it, the same with a bunch of homebrew on GBAtemp has been private since the start even when pulling code from open githubs and its not because of criticism they devs decided that from the get go.

At least if it was open source then became closed source later there is a use for it.

If devs are leaving or making their shit private mid development thats their problem not others.

People are Salty not because RXtools died but because development actively blatantly stopped without a mention.
Its good that it stopped it became heavily Depreciated back in december.

Look we dont need another RXtools, there are plenty of other CFW and at this late stage of the game they are pretty much equal except for optional functionality.
Rxtools will not change anything and fixing the stuff which doesnt need fixed as there are better alternatives is a Moot choice.
The better option would to use another Working CFW as the code base and continue from there the results and time would be better managed.
Like grabbing Cakes/Rei/Luma and plastering Decrypt9 into it and rebranding it as RX(whatever)

The point is there are plenty of other Projects DEVs can pick up it just a matter of realising what would be more efficient to work with

TLDR Rxtools is dead for many reasons there are better alternatives to pick up nostalgic reasons wont turn it magically good, just grab Rei/Luma/Cakes Source Add Decrypt9 to its boot menu call it RXtools and be done

Last edited by izy,

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
How to Fix RXtools
There's nothing special in CFW or tools part, since there was a number of projects started. But noone did a good customizeable GUI. All of them more or less uses the same internal code by the principle "because it works", I'm refactoring it fully, not just inserting or stitching small peaces together (thanks to the Pasta team they stalled development and I've got a carte blanche). This is not a closed development of any kind, you can read here my erly statements https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/issues/394.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
TLDR Rxtools is dead for many reasons there are better alternatives to pick up nostalgic reasons wont turn it magically good, just grab Rei/Luma/Cakes Source Add Decrypt9 to its boot menu call it RXtools and be done
Being that I was one of the early people to declare this dead, I am happy to see this project keep going. In fact, you can easily go back to me saying the same thing you are saying. But I am also a strong supporter in options. If people want RXTools and someone is willing to keep it alive, then I am going to support them for contributing to the community. We shouldn't close the project off because there's already options, we should strive to keep those options going. There's no reason to give up on RXTools when we can easily go back and improve upon the once functioning build.
We aren't getting another RXTools, we are getting a continuation of RXTools, which quite honestly this community has shown that it wants to continue to have. There are still countless threads, including this one, that are still active with people wanting to continue using RXTools. It's pretty obvious that even though they were presented with options like Decrypt9, A9LH, ect. that they still want to use RXTools.
Honestly, why does it bother you so much that people want to continue development on RXTools? There's clearly a demand for it, so give the people what they want. If you don't want to use RXTools, then don't use it. There's no reason to attack a project that others clearly want just because you don't want it.

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: pikatsu

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@duke_srg
What are the prereq files for your fork? Can we use the generated firm folder from the main rxtools? or do we need to download a new firmware.bin or something?

I assume it also needs these keys on the root?
key_0x1B.bin
key_0x16.bin
slot0x25KeyX.bin

Thanks

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@duke_srg
What are the prereq files for your fork? Can we use the generated firm folder from the main rxtools? or do we need to download a new firmware.bin or something?

I assume it also needs these keys on the root?
key_0x1B.bin
key_0x16.bin
slot0x25KeyX.bin

Thanks
The slot0x25KeyX.bin is only needed if your sysNand firmware is less than 8. Otherwise it's not needed.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yeah I know that. My question was more of a general one, as in, do rxTools still use these
Key files used as in an original version, their presence and hash validity check is added in diagnostics section. One can easily any file check as menu section in gui.json
Firmware generation is the same, you can keep existing.
Font file is extracted automatically on boot
Just backup and remove settings.json since key names was altered.
And add gui.json, theme/*.json and subfolders.
Existing old theme, font.bin won't interfere. You can also replace en.json to have button glyphs drawn correctly.

Last edited by duke_srg,

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Key files used as in an original version, their presence and hash validity check is added in diagnostics section. One can easily any file check as menu section in gui.json
Firmware generation is the same, you can keep existing.
Font file is extracted automatically on boot
Just backup and remove settings.json since key names was altered.
And add gui.json, theme/*.json and subfolders.
Existing old theme, font.bin won't interfere. You can also replace en.json to have button glyphs drawn correctly.

Will you add multiple emunand support or something like cakes patches?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Will you add multiple emunand support or something like cakes patches?
I'd like to have them both, even have an idea how to have up to 3 emunands SD card in a more reliable way. As for the patches, I proposed long time ago to have a customizeable modes with patches selection, but I'm don't have enough knowledge to implement it and actually lost track of it since patches was migrated into elf. So It could take even more then Soon(TM) if no one will join.

upd: Refer to updated tasks list at https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/issues/394

Last edited by duke_srg,
Reactions: pikatsu

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
People are Salty because not because RXtools dead because not because it died but because there was no mentioned actively blatantly stopped without a mention.

... the fuck!? You havin' a stroke, or have you simply failed to grasp the concept of proofreading?

Anyhow, I agree with some of what you said.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@duke_srg

a4l1ScN.png

Does it require anything else other than the pre-req mentioned in the github readme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?