Not open for further replies.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
README.md

Right, but I think the majority of people are going to read the QuickStartGuide and/or all three and be confused because they are being told two different things. QuickStartGuide should either be updated or removed from the package to avoid the confusion.

Kamui

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So it gets stuck on the "Installing Data Suit" screen on my N3DS
It works great on my O3DS (Clean rxTools install)

So i have to ask :P
Can i use the data suit from O3DS on N3DS?
(To be honest io doubt it cause the data suit is only the 3 firm *.bin files decrypted/encrypted on O3DS)

[EDIT]
Nevermind, that will not work :)

But i fixed the hanging on rxTools installing Data Suit on N3DS ;)
Instead of using code.bin to boot it in ctrBootManager i got to the file browser from ctrBootManager and browsed to \3ds\rxTools\rxTools.3dsx and added rxTools.3dsx to the boot menu, then booted it, it installed data suit in a few seconds and booted rxTools on N3DS. After that you can just boot again by using the code.bin entry to boot rxTools on N3DS
I got stuck in installation Data Suite on o3ds using ctrboot.. do I need to change something?

Last edited by Kamui,

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
finally works. the menu still doesnt show up but Im happy to see "rx-e" on systemo setting.

Here how I setup rxtools
download latest nightly build rxtools
using Ihaveamac payload that link on my sugnature.
boot manager is bootctr. not ctr boot manager.
delay time set to 2000

4UoIU4E.jpg

[spoiler/]

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'm having trouble getting rxtools to run on my n3ds. I put the 2 keys on the root of SD, and rxtools folder I got from the github; extracted and placed on root of sd. After that I generated the firm folder and put that in rxtools folder. What else am I missing? Firmware.bin? cetk.bin?

Reactions: dubbz82

Kamui

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
finally works. the menu still doesnt show up but Im happy to see "rx-e" on systemo setting.

Here how I setup rxtools
download latest nightly build rxtools
using Ihaveamac payload that link on my sugnature.
boot manager is bootctr. not ctr boot manager.
delay time set to 2000

4UoIU4E.jpg

[spoiler/]
how do you setup config.ini file to autoboot rxtools/code.bin?

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm having trouble getting rxtools to run on my n3ds. I put the 2 keys on the root of SD, and rxtools folder I got from the github; extracted and placed on root of sd. After that I generated the firm folder and put that in rxtools folder. What else am I missing? Firmware.bin? cetk.bin?

I really don't like knocking the team working on it, but this kinda proves the point - the setup seems to change so frequently that even basic setup is confusing because it changes from one version to another and isn't consistent between builds.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't like knocking the team working on it, but this kinda proves the point - the setup seems to change so frequently that even basic setup is confusing because it changes from one version to another and isn't consistent between builds.
It's been consistent for nightly build of RxTools for a while now o3ds and n3ds just only changed when 10.5 support was added for n3ds still same for o3ds

Reactions: Sev501

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's been consistent for nightly build of RxTools for a while now o3ds and n3ds just only changed when 10.5 support was added for n3ds still same for o3ds

So how do you get this to work starting from scratch? I have a n3ds with nothing on sd besides the gateway launcher and emunand and homebrew. I downloaded the github's recent rxtools, extracted, generated the firm folder which contains 1 bin file. firm folder goes into rxtools folder. rxtools folder and 2 keys goes into root of SD. When I try booting them through homebrew, it freezes at installation screen.

Last edited by cooroxd,

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't update rxTools on a continuous enough basis then, I guess. I only grab a new nightly when I need some new feature (which admittedly only seems to happen once in a while) and of the handful of times that I've grabbed it up, the setup has been completely different. Every. Single. Time.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how do you get this to work? I have a n3ds with nothing on sd besides the gateway launcher and emunand and homebrew. I downloaded the github's recent rxtools, extracted, generated the firm folder which contains 1 bin file. firm folder goes into rxtools folder. rxtools folder and 2 keys goes into root of SD. When I try booting them through homebrew, it freezes at installation screen.
I'm afraid you just have to keep trying. What exactly do you mean by "booting them through homebrew"? Are you using the Homebrew Launcher? If so, did you also replace the 3ds/rxTools/rxTools.3dsx?

Edit: never mind. I'm assuming so, since you are reaching the data installation suite. All I can say is to keep trying. Once you do succeed, you shouldn't have problems after that.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm afraid you just have to keep trying. What exactly do you mean by "booting them through homebrew"? Are you using the Homebrew Launcher? If so, did you also replace the 3ds/rxTools/rxTools.3dsx?

Edit: never mind. I'm assuming so, since you are reaching the data installation suite. All I can say is to keep trying. Once you do succeed, you shouldn't have problems after that.

So I did everything correctly right? No files missing? and yes I updated the homebrew stuff and using browserhax as entry point.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clone the repository, open up firm.c with notepad++ and just.. add the line. Then build it. If you don't get it, then it isn't for you. Tutorial is in my sig (and doesn't mention the need for ImageMagic, but I guess I'll fix that soonish... README.md already tells you that you need it anyway.

Reactions: Sev501

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did everything correctly right? No files missing? and yes I updated the homebrew stuff and using browserhax as entry point.
There's a difference between launching rxTools directly with browserhax, and launching HBL through browserhax, to then launch rxTools. Either way, it sounds like your files are correct (as long as you've verified the MD5 of those 2 keys). All I can say is to try several times. You may want to delete the /rxTools/data folder inbetween tries...

EDIT: and I tend to recommend against autoboot. I have close to 100% success forcing UI and manually selecting which mode I want to boot into. Hold L while booting to go into the menu, then go over to settings to change that.

But you need to get past the installation data suite first.

What exactly does it fix though?
data installation and other advanced things on o3ds. I got past data installation myself without the fix, but it took almost an hour and lots of tries...

Last edited by urherenow,

Kamui

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
clone the repository, open up firm.c with notepad++ and just.. add the line. Then build it. If you don't get it, then it isn't for you. Tutorial is in my sig (and doesn't mention the need for ImageMagic, but I guess I'll fix that soonish... README.md already tells you that you need it anyway.
I see.. thank you, so I need to rebuild my own rxTools..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.