Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dump question please,

If I own a New3DS FW 9.5, No Gateway, No Cubic Ninja, is it possible to install RxTools?

I installed RxTools on my O3DS before but I gave it to my niece. Now, I'm looking for a new one but I'm not sure which version is required on New3DS.

Edit: And FBI also
No you need to be on 9.2 or lower

kumorebikun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I just started using rxtools today but I have been using gateway for a while.

What is the extent of region free on rxtools? In rxmode on emunand 10.3 on o3ds can it load out of region carts or do I still have to use the region free launcher on ninjahax 2.5?

I have a sky3ds that plays my region games just fine. I placed a japanese copy of yo-kai watch busters on it and it showed on the menu but it says the game card can not be read. Before I go into downloading a bunch or roms to test I want to know if this is normal.

Edit: I have tried a few different Japanese roms all with the same result. They show on the system menu but say game card could not be read. If I use ninjahax 2.5's region free loader they play.

The user manual works through the system menu just not the game. Any thoughts?

Try using a more recent version of rxTools, it plays japanese games just fine for me (Tobidase : Doubutsu no Mori, FFE, Dragon Quest VIII and Youkai Watch : Honke), also the manuals load without any problem.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using a more recent version of rxTools, it plays japanese games just fine for me (Tobidase : Doubutsu no Mori, FFE, Dragon Quest VIII and Youkai Watch : Honke), also the manuals load without any problem.

I am using this nightly build: 83afbb6

It was released in September and was the most recent I could find. Manuals work fine but games to not load. Can you give me the link the the version you are using?

Thank you.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It was released in September and was the most recent I could find. Manuals work fine but games to not load. Can you give me the link the the version you are using?

Thank you.
GitHub has the link to the nightlies, as well as the latest source code. Link to the thread to roll your own is in my sig. It's super satisfying to build yourself... give it a shot!

Edit: here's the link though... https://lavanoid.github.io/

Last edited by urherenow,

kumorebikun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia

Thank you.

I use the 265d53e build (released on 22nd November), which I downloaded from lavanoid's gibhut:

https://lavanoid.github.io/

click this link, then the big download button, which will take you to the latest dropbox folder, you'll find the build there. When you'll run cdn_firm it'll download a firm folder instead of firmware.bin. That's OK, just put the folder with the rest of the other folders in the rxTools folder and it will work just fine :)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the 265d53e build (released on 22nd November), which I downloaded from lavanoid's gibhut:

https://lavanoid.github.io/

click this link, then the big download button, which will take you to the latest dropbox folder, you'll find the build there. When you'll run cdn_firm it'll download a firm folder instead of firmware.bin. That's OK, just put the folder with the rest of the other folders in the rxTools folder and it will work just fine :)
The .py file only applies to O3DS.

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Is anyone experiencing this bug?

"When my Home Menu is on the grid system (where there's 20 or so tiles on the bottom screen) and I move the selected tile right with the d-pad, the system will freeze once I make it to the first 'tile' of the next screen. This happens every time. Haven't tested with other screen layouts yet"

Here's a video:

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"When my Home Menu is on the grid system (where there's 20 or so tiles on the bottom screen) and I move the selected tile right with the d-pad, the system will freeze once I make it to the first 'tile' of the next screen. This happens every time. Haven't tested with other screen layouts yet"

Here's a video:

O3ds here and never experienced that problem

Reactions: AlbertoSONIC

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime (since today) I got an error which says: SD Card was removed, please press the home button. Its when I try to boot rxtools in emunand and sometimes when I'm trying to start a game. Whats wrong with it?! My SD Card is fine

ianmartorell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, the Github readme says there's support for AGB on both sysNAND and emuNAND, but every time I load a Virtual Console title in emuNAND (haven't tried sysNAND) I get the following error. It's an O3DS with 9.2.0-6E sysNAND and 10.3.0-28E emuNAND, and I'm using the latest nightly of rxTools. Any help appreciated!

4dAiNlU.jpg

Last edited by ianmartorell,
D

Deleted-19228

Here's a video:

Not a bug. You have the mSD utility installed. That is using a 0 paired key which doesn't work correctly on rxTools. It does work perfectly fine with Gateway.

D

Deleted-19228

I'm really not following why the folder structures keep getting changed with no documentation stating that they were changed. So now instead of \data\ we now use \firm\ ?

Tried the newest nightly. Just black screen.

Also....nowhere did I see other than some obscure updated document a few pages back that I needed some cetk file that was never needed before. What does it do?

Adding the cetk file lets me actually boot the settings menu in rxtools but can't boot into rxmode on either sysnand or emunand with the latest nightly on n3ds. Has n3ds support been removed? The last one that worked for me was circa September.

Last edited by ,

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm really not following why the folder structures keep getting changed with no documentation stating that they were changed. So now instead of \data\ we now use \firm\ ?

Tried the newest nightly. Just black screen.

Also....nowhere did I see other than some obscure updated document a few pages back that I needed some cetk file that was never needed before. What does it do?

Adding the cetk file lets me actually boot the settings menu in rxtools but can't boot into rxmode on either sysnand or emunand with the latest nightly on n3ds. Has n3ds support been removed? The last one that worked for me was circa September.
Documentation is pretty shitty. On n3ds i used the firmware.bin of reinand, renamed 0004013820000002.bin and placed in the data folder.

Reactions: Deleted-19228
D

Deleted-19228

I'll try that. The guide specifically stated NOT to use the rei firmware.bin and to name it numbersorig.bin lol

EDIT:

Wow....That worked.

This guide is outdated https://docs.google.com/document/d/...ce7AWYmjp5Cq2LxfQ9cDr0/edit#heading=h.3j2qqm3 It looks like most everything is accurate except you CAN use the ReiNand_v2.1 firmware.bin and rename to the 0004013820000002.bin and NOT 0004013820000002orig.bin

LOL

I have the page open and I just watched someone update it in one spot :D

Last edited by ,

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll try that. The guide specifically stated NOT to use the rei firmware.bin and to name it numbersorig.bin lol

EDIT:

Wow....That worked.

This guide is outdated https://docs.google.com/document/d/...ce7AWYmjp5Cq2LxfQ9cDr0/edit#heading=h.3j2qqm3 It looks like most everything is accurate except you CAN use the ReiNand_v2.1 firmware.bin and rename to the 0004013820000002.bin and NOT 0004013820000002orig.bin

LOL

I have the page open and I just watched someone update it in one spot :D
Glad I helped you to solve. Even the first post should be updated with all the infos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1