Hacking [RELEASE] PS-Phwoar! Exploit Host Menu For PS4 Firmware 5.05

arfgh

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
surely you will understand my insistence with that missing part of the dump options, but it is a time eating and unuseful to dump again whole game and update separately when we need not the update because we alredy have dumped the game....

Reactions: Leeful

Airbrando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,
sorry i dont understand it. Does this mean we can play newer Games that required above 5.05 like Spiderman ? Or what does it mean ?Whats the different between this menu and the older menu from you ?

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
surely you will understand my insistence with that missing part of the dump options, but it is a time eating and unuseful to dump again whole game and update separately when we need not the update because we alredy have dumped the game....
Yeah, I understand.:) In the meantime, remember you can still use the dumper.cfg on your USB drive and change split to =2 to just dump the update.

Hello,
sorry i dont understand it. Does this mean we can play newer Games that required above 5.05 like Spiderman ? Or what does it mean ?Whats the different between this menu and the older menu from you ?
The latest version of the menu has the new version of HEN that has just been released.
No you still cannot play games above 5.05 like spiderman. The only new games are the ones that have been backported to work on 5.05. There are only a few games that have been backported so far and the backporting method will not work with every game over 5.05.
We just have to wait and see what backported games get released in the future.:)

Airbrando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tahnk you for you answer but just last question. What the difference betwwen the PS-Phwoar! and the other menu from you
?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, I understand.:) In the meantime, remember you can still use the dumper.cfg on your USB drive and change split to =2 to just dump the update.

The latest version of the menu has the new version of HEN that has just been released.
No you still cannot play games above 5.05 like spiderman. The only new games are the ones that have been backported to work on 5.05. There are only a few games that have been backported so far and the backporting method will not work with every game over 5.05.
We just have to wait and see what backported games get released in the future.:)

Thank you for your Answer. But just one last question whats the difference beetween your normal menu and the PS-Phwoar! ?

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for your Answer. But just one last question whats the difference beetween your normal menu and the PS-Phwoar! ?
They basically do the same thing in the end.
At the moment PS-Phwoar! has a slightly larger selection of payloads to choose from than the original menu and it has the latest version of HEN but I should be updating my other menu too soon when I have enough free time.

It all comes down to a matter of choice and which one you prefere to use.

Last edited by Leeful,

sys64738

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have installed before v1.0 PS-Phwoar! via Android installer.
If i will update what should i do?
Delete cache and cookies, or just install the new version?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you need to delete them. I had this problem but with x project. it wasn't updating if the original version is in cache. though, I think it was a complete rewrite that required that.

zerlkung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

- Delete cache browser and history on ps4.
- Uninstall xPloitServer app on you android and delete folder name xPloitServer via file manager.
- Download and install new version.

Reactions: sys64738 and Leeful

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm using the user guide to load 1.2 and using back to exit after installing hen gives a memory error. I can just keep hitting back and it exits, or I can use the option menu and close window.

Is there any way it could be modified so that pressing back would exit cleaner?

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm using the user guide to load 1.2 and using back to exit after installing hen gives a memory error. I can just keep hitting back and it exits, or I can use the option menu and close window.

Is there any way it could be modified so that pressing back would exit cleaner?
As with all exploit menu's you should use the PS button to exit after you have run a payload, not the back button.

The behavior of the back button in PS-Phwoar is intentional. If you do want to use the back button you can hold the back button down and this will exit the menu but you should only ever do this if you have NOT run a payload.
If you have loaded a payload you should always use the PS button to exit.:)

@godreborn & @zerlkung are correct.
- On PS4, Delete webdata and cookies.
- On Android, Uninstall xploitserver app on android and delete the xPloitServer folder via file manager.
- Install the latest version of xPloitServer app again and run it to install on your PS4.

Last edited by Leeful,
Reactions: godreborn

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you do want to use the back button you can hold the back button down and this will exit the menu but you should only ever do this if you have NOT run a payload.

Can't the navigation be cleaned up in code so the back button works to exit? I think it would fit in more with making it look like a real UI.

If you have loaded a payload you should always use the PS button to exit.:)

Pushing the PS button is just as awkward as the option, close window. I am sure I must have had some issue with PS button before though.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't the navigation be cleaned up in code so the back button works to exit?

No. The PS button can’t be simulated in the browser, and browser preset buttons can’t be overridden from their function.

For example: You could set the square button to refresh the page in JS, but it would also change the screen to full screen (squares default function) at the same time, not helpful.

We tried a few methods to simulate a PS button press and closest way was to use a payload to kill the browser (and all other apps) then rebuild the PS4 UI... which is sketchy af.

Last edited by KiiWii, , Reason: Swapped /\ to []

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pushing the PS button is just as awkward as the option, close window. I am sure I must have had some issue with PS button before though.
LOL, pressing the PS button takes you instantly back to the PS4's main menu with just one button press.

As for the back button navigation, I completely agree with you. I wish I could have it working normally as the main PS4 UI does but unfortunatly it is not possible at the moment.
The reason is that a lot of people insist on using the userguide instead of the browser and this is where the problems begin.

If everyone just used the browser it would be an easy fix but I have to cater for everyones preference. Some prefer the browser and some prefer the usurguide.
In the userguide if you use the back button it reloads the page instead of going back and this causes a lot of problems with certain payloads. So i implemented this back button semi-disable method to overcome the problem.

I know it's not perfect but for the time being it will have to do. I will look into it again in the future and hopefully I can fix it.:)

Last edited by Leeful,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't really gotten down to playing a game using the 5.05 exploit (only tested things), but I do think I'm a master at backing up games and saves. ;) I backed mine up like two or three times, mostly after realizing I needed a modified pkg to 0 out the keystone.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In the userguide if you use the back button it reloads the page instead of going back and this causes a lot of problems with certain payloads.

You have to press it three (four?) times, but it does go back. It's like there are some extra pages in the navigation that you have to go through for it to let you out. One of which tries to launch the exploit again.

It's been a while since I did any web, but I thought you could control that.

I'm kinda lazy and moving my hand to press the PS button is just too much effort :D
I'll probably keep hammering the O button.

Last edited by smf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always feel like the total should be higher... Like I feel like I forgot to buy something