Hacking [Release]Pre9otherapp :- otherapp payload for pre 9.2 firmwares

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Tried 3 times, same result... I see the black screen with some text for a split second, then double red screen.
Alright it seems that it is having trouble reading arm9.bin from the sd card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Delete the arm9.bin and safeB9sInstaller.bin on your sd card. Make sure the read-only switch is off and put this in the root of your sd card.

Attachments

• arm9.zip
    54.9 KB · Views: 166

pof2x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Delete the arm9.bin and safeB9sInstaller.bin on your sd card. Make sure the read-only switch is off and put this in the root of your sd card.

The read-only switch is off. The arm9.bin file you sent me is exactly the same one I already have (same md5). Deleting SafeB9SInstaller.* caused no different effect. Still double red screen.

I can compile the pre9otherapp project myself, if you have any hints on what to do to debug it. I also tried building it from master branch, but same result with my compiled file.

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
The read-only switch is off. The arm9.bin file you sent me is exactly the same one I already have (same md5). Deleting SafeB9SInstaller.* caused no different effect. Still double red screen.

I can compile the pre9otherapp project myself, if you have any hints on what to do to debug it. I also tried building it from master branch, but same result with my compiled file.
Well I know that reading from sd card is failing because https://github.com/TuxSH/usr2arm9ldr/blob/master/arm9/source/main.c#L96

pof2x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Excuse my ignorance, but I don't get where this code is called. From my limited understanding soundhax works and successfully executes otherapp.bin, from there (in main.c) the firmware version is checked and with my version (0x2200f00) two things are called:

1) escalateServicePrivileges (which I assume it works, because it returns 0)
2) PS_VerifyRsaSha256_Exploit (which I guess doesn't work, because I get the double red screen)

I don't see any code called to read /arm9.bin on PS_VerifyRsaSha256_Exploit, so I must be missing something.

pof2x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
After doing some prints here and there to debug, I noticed that after adding
PHP:
drawHex(cmdbuf[0], 16, 100);
in source/exploit/rsa_exploit.c (after line 81), the 3DS no longer does the double red screen. I get the hex values printed on screen but nothing happens after. Any hints will be appreciated, not sure what else to do from here.

Last edited by pof2x,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game