Homebrew Homebrew app [RELEASE] PokemonTV (3rd party client)

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
icon.jpg

Unofficial 3rd party PokemonTV client

People with a banned switch or those who want to stay away from nintendo services are unable to enjoy Pokemon. Well, not anymore. I created a website around their "public" API and made a homebrew that opens it up. Its nothing special but now every device that has a working browser can enjoy the content.

Their API exposes a really bad, low quality mp4 stream as well as a high quality m3u8 stream. Tests with the switchs (really bad) internal browser and different m3u8 streams revealed that i should just stop trying to implement a custom player. Instead, i am using their official player and iframe it into my website.

I am "abusing" githubs branches for multiple things:

• The API branch fetches the complete content of the API from each language and stores it because direct access to the API from a browser throws CORS errors.
  • The main branch is the source-code of the website. Its build with the Vue3 framework and Bootstrap5. A GitHub Action compiles the source and pushes it to the gh-pages branch.
  • The gh-pages branch is the compiled source-code of the main branch and is whats used on the website.
  • The switch-client branch is the source-code of the homebrew for the Nintendo Switch. The homebrew just opens a simple webbrowser and loads the the website.

Downloads:

PS: If someone wants to compile binaries for other systems, i will add them to the releases.
PPS: Can someone tell me how i can add a RELEASE prefix? After the big design update i cant figure out how to do that anymore.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Worked on the API updating script.

I discovered that the pokemon api delivers content based on the country you are requesting it from. That means that one based in germany can request data from the .../us/ endpoint but it will be different if i request the data from a US origin (wtf is that logic). Now, the pokemon API data is requested through proxys. Sadly the proxys are not always up and not all countrys have proxys. Thats why i added a little green check or blue exclamation mark, along with a button which quickly explains whats going on.

The API gets automatically updated every 20 minutes and so will be the icons in the app/website.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Updated to 1.0.1
  • Switch Client
    • Worked around an issue where B closes the browser. Its still closing it but now it restarts on its own, making it a little less annoying. Im still trying to find something like a "Javascript history hack" to trick the browser to "go back to the current site" so it wont close because it thinks there is nothing to go back to.
    • General code cleanup
  • Website
    • removed "menu button" in favour of a more stylish and usefull breadcrumb
    • started to move inline CSS to classes
    • started to split code into components
    • added meta tags for allmighty google
    • fixed the icons and made them pills so bad browser can still display them
    • fixed some language on the site
    • fixed iframe fullscreen issues
    • fixed episodes thumbnail width (some titles randomly have smaller images)
    • general code cleanup
  • API
    • fixed data-gathering by using proxies to circumvent region based api content
    • fixed data-gathering automation
    • general code cleanup

Reactions: naed06

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter