OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is the comparison with GPU_NEAREST and GPU_LINEAR scaling, looks smoother:
Thanks, found it:

Code:
sf2d_texture_set_params(yourTexturePointerHere, GPU_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER(GPU_LINEAR) | GPU_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER(GPU_LINEAR));

I'll add it.

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can't understand why the game is called "Syobon" but the japanese name is written "Syohon" (Shohon actually but it's the same) :unsure:

When thing happens on internet, no one can change them anymore. :D

Anyway, I know only a little of Japanese, but when a kanji with a sound starting with h is preceded by another kanji, it's starting sound changes in b :teach:. But don't know if this is the case.:rofl2:

Good job on the port!
I want to report a bug,in the level 4 in the beginning, when u turn on the switch ,the second "line of firewalls" doesn't make small,I don't know if I explain myself.
Thank you and keep up the good work !

Probably a bug in the source i used. I didn't changed the game core. There is a version for windows with some bugfixes, i'll try to use it's core.

Found some sort of audio issue...
Moving the circle pad in a continuous circle on the main menu causes the sound to go all static sounding. :/

I have a quick fix: don't do it :ha:

Seriously, there are 8 channels. I use one for background music adn I cicle the other for sound effects, if you move too fast the pad the channels get used before the previous sound finished playing.

I'll try to use a shorter sound that will reduce the ugly effect.

In the game the problem happens only in a secret room of stage 2 with a lot of coins. I think that human kind will survive to this isuue.

Last edited by nop90,

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good job on the port!
I want to report a bug,in the level 4 in the beginning, when u turn on the switch ,the second "line of firewalls" doesn't make small,I don't know if I explain myself.
Thank you and keep up the good work !

I checked a youtube walkthrough and doesn't seems the second line of firewall has to become smaller.

Anyway I updated the stages code from v 1.0.1. It's on my github with the scale parameter set to Linear and the menu sound changed.

Now I'm preparing the CIA version and when done I'll release v1.0.1

Last edited by nop90,

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here is a simple banner for the cia version.If someone has better graphic skill and want to contribute, any help is welcome.

banner.png

Now I have to convert the wav file (lost the tool when my hd crashed, but I think I'll find it again online).

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Here is a simple banner for the cia version.If someone has better graphic skill and want to contribute, any help is welcome.
If you can send me the scaled cat sprite as a transparent .png file and the background/logo image behind it with out the cat I could help.

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Anyway, I know only a little of Japanese, but when a kanji with a sound starting with h is preceded by another kanji, it's starting sound changes in b :teach:. But don't know if this is the case.:rofl2:

K is G, H is B, S is Z... It's called rendaku, but then you have to add a dakuten to the character. So ほ become ぼ, however the title has no dakuten.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the ぼ is there, look closely, lol... no need to make a big deal about it
sure it could be more clear but no need to say stuff like 'i can't understand'

I can't see it at all, well you right it's not a big deal, I should have said "I don't understand" which is more correct, but I'm French so my English is sometimes incorrect or sound weird.

Oh and by the way, thanks OP for the great port

Last edited by MasterLel,

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ぼ is there, look closely, lol... no need to make a big deal about it
sure it could be more clear but no need to say stuff like 'i can't understand'

Also 'syohon' and 'shohon' are the same thing, or rather 'syobon' and 'shobon'. Different romanizations, still the same thing.

D

Deleted User

Here, I created the banner and icons for a cia release.
256x128.png

48x48 icon:
icon.png

And here's the 24x24 icon:
icon.png

And here is the appdata.txt.
If you need a serial code, try this: "SA3D".

Attachments

• AppData.txt
    580 bytes · Views: 234

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Great, this game is well known in LA as "Gato Bros" Thanks to a famous youtuber who played it and lost his shit haha.

BTW does it still has the Cheetahmen BG music? There was a version who replaced that with super mario original music (I prefer the cheetahmen ver. as it gives a more derp feel lol).

Khangaroo

$ORIGINALTITLE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, this game is well known in LA as "Gato Bros" Thanks to a famous youtuber who played it and lost his shit haha.

BTW does it still has the Cheetahmen BG music? There was a version who replaced that with super mario original music (I prefer the cheetahmen ver. as it gives a more derp feel lol).
Yes, it has cheetahmen music.

Reactions: DSoryu

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this port! I have a couple of suggestions though:

- Can you move the kill button to Select? I accidentally died from accidentally pressing X a couple of times while jumping.
- I noticed pressing Y immediately exits the level and forgets all checkpoints. Can you put a warning message before quitting?
- Would it be possible to allow Start to pause the game?

This is a fantastic port, and I'm glad you took the time to make this. Thank you!

Reactions: ImCarlosGG

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I love this port! I have a couple of suggestions though:

- Can you move the kill button to Select? I accidentally died from accidentally pressing X a couple of times while jumping.
- I noticed pressing Y immediately exits the level and forgets all checkpoints. Can you put a warning message before quitting?
- Would it be possible to allow Start to pause the game?

This is a fantastic port, and I'm glad you took the time to make this. Thank you!

I'll add your request to th to do list.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll add your request to th to do list.
I also want to confirm what XRaTiX said about the firebars: In level 4, the firebar in this video at 2:45:

That firebar should be short, and not long: There's a hidden switch to the right of it that's supposed to make it long, but because it's long by default, the level is impossible to clear.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now +1