Hacking [Release] No Ban no Sky

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
some say need different headers for different roms. is this true?
also some say it dont matter how big cart is that take private header from as a header is just a header.. is this also true?

digitalkid56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I can say from my experience, is that I used my Cubic Ninja header and got only Mario Kart 7 working online.. All other games failed using this same header.. Not sure what to do, or where to go from here other than obtaining more headers, continuing the trial and error

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Is there anyway you could outline what the program does when I tell it to patch all ROMs after giving it a header? I want to write a script for Linux/Mac so those users can quickly patch the new template without having to boot Windows or find a PC.

Thanks!

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if I have a bin file with private header and I load the template and header bin to no ban no sky, I click patch. It says all 1370 something games patched. After that I just write games to sky3ds sd card with diskwriter???

Reactions: hamstrman

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing:
- You have to restart the app everytime again when you want to patch a new game, even with the same header

Example, i patched my first game, want to patch another game with the samùe header, so in step 3 i always click the new rom skipping the other 2dteps, cause that's already selected
it says patched, but nothing has changed in the template, so you need to close the app and restart it for every new rom you want to patch the template for.

cant I just patched the whole template at once? Instead of one rom at a time? So then I just write all games to sd card with the template that I just patched with private header?

hackotedelaplaqu

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Is there anyway you could outline what the program does when I tell it to patch all ROMs after giving it a header? I want to write a script for Linux/Mac so those users can quickly patch the new template without having to boot Windows or find a PC.

Thanks!

Code:
Case #Button_PatchAll

If OpenFile(#TemplateFile,TemplateFile$)
            If OpenFile(#HeaderFile,HeaderFile$)

HeaderString.s=""
              pos=0
              nbgames=0

*buffer=AllocateMemory(Lof(#TemplateFile))
              ReadData(#TemplateFile,*buffer,Lof(#TemplateFile))
              string.s=PeekS(*buffer)

*HeaderData=AllocateMemory(16)
              ReadData(#HeaderFile,*HeaderData,16)         

For n=0 To 7
                posi=n*2
                Headers.s=RSet(Hex(PeekU(*HeaderData+posi),#PB_Unicode),4,"0")

Hex1.s=Left(Headers,2)
                Hex2.s=Right(Headers,2)
                Headers=Hex2+Hex1

HeaderString=HeaderString+Headers

Next

For n=3 To 45 Step 2

HeaderString=InsertString(HeaderString," ",n)
                n=n+1
              Next

Repeat
                pos=FindString(string,"SHA",pos+1)
                nbgames=nbgames+1           

If pos <>0

FileSeek(#TemplateFile,pos)

For n=0 To 4
                    ReadString(#TemplateFile)
                  Next

WriteString(#TemplateFile,HeaderString,#PB_Ascii)

EndIf

Until pos=0

CloseFile(#TemplateFile)
              CloseFile(#HeaderFile)

FreeMemory(*HeaderData)
              FreeMemory(*buffer)

MessageRequester("Success", Str(nbgames)+" games patched. See you on next template file update")

Else
              MessageRequester("Error","Failed to open "+HeaderFile$,#PB_MessageRequester_Ok)
            EndIf

Else
            MessageRequester("Error","Failed to open "+TemplateFile$,#PB_MessageRequester_Ok)
          EndIf

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying you don't trust pirates? For shame!

But I do see your point, just throwing the idea out there. Just feeling bad for the average Sky users with high firmware.

Oh no! Why do you say that?? I just got a SKY3DS and I have v9.7... *sigh* I haven't tried to use it yet as I want to be ENTIRELY SURE I use private headers. I've been posting on a few threads here about what a friggin' n00b I am regarding all this.

So I'm trying to figure out how I would dump one of my legit cartridges, get a private header and use that in the ROMs I have.

I have Gateway ROM Patcher but I don't know if that words only with Gateway and not SKY3DS... I downloaded this tool, but I don't know if it works with higher firmware (comments imply not). What are my options? Also, I have no idea what to actually DO! A readme was suggested a couple months back. Is there one? HELP!

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if I have a bin file with private header and I load the template and header bin to no ban no sky, I click patch. It says all 1370 something games patched. After that I just write games to sky3ds sd card with diskwriter???

Wow, this sounds wonderful. The guy who said you had to patch one at a time had me scared with the 800+ ROMs I have. Also, I'm aware that there are 1,700+ 3DS ROM releases out there, but I can't find a large package to download. Would anyone be able to let me know where to go for that? Or would posting a link assume responsibility in some way?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Oh no! Why do you say that?? I just got a SKY3DS and I have v9.7... *sigh* I haven't tried to use it yet as I want to be ENTIRELY SURE I use private headers. I've been posting on a few threads here about what a friggin' n00b I am regarding all this.

So I'm trying to figure out how I would dump one of my legit cartridges, get a private header and use that in the ROMs I have.

I have Gateway ROM Patcher but I don't know if that words only with Gateway and not SKY3DS... I downloaded this tool, but I don't know if it works with higher firmware (comments imply not). What are my options? Also, I have no idea what to actually DO! A readme was suggested a couple months back. Is there one? HELP!

To dump a game, afaik you need to use a Gateway card. Twice now I've helped Sky3DS users out by buying a cheapo game, ripping the header for them, sending them the header, and then tossing the game (being reimbursed only for the cost of the game). If you can't find someone around you with a Gateway willing to rip a header for you then shoot me a PM.

Cerberus3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To dump a game, afaik you need to use a Gateway card. Twice now I've helped Sky3DS users out by buying a cheapo game, ripping the header for them, sending them the header, and then tossing the game (being reimbursed only for the cost of the game). If you can't find someone around you with a Gateway willing to rip a header for you then shoot me a PM.

Cant you also rip a header with a powersaves tool regardless of the 3ds fw version?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Cant you also rip a header with a powersaves tool regardless of the 3ds fw version?

I did some research and it looks like you're right. But not every game is compatible and it seems like a ton of work. But yeah if people can't find someone willing to help with a Gateway, this seems like a viable option (assuming they use a compatible game).

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm still wondering if the answer to Christian's question is "Yes." I think it's yes, but I do not know for certain.

Cerberus3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone wanna help me with this one? Im using my own private header with Super Smash Bros Online and I get error 002-0123. But before anyone says it is a wrong manufacturer id, both my private header and the ROM are macronix (C2). This private header is also on Mario Kart 7 and that works just fine online. The private header was ripped from my copy of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. The header was applied both to the SSB ROM AND the template file on my sky3ds.
Where did I go wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: