Hacking [Release] No Ban no Sky

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, I was wondering when someone would make something like this for the headers.

I have a quick question as well (about headers) that someone might be able to answer for me. Say I ripped my Smash Bros 3DS rom and used its header. In a quick, rough explanation, what kind of games would or wouldn't be compatible with its header? Simply put, what is it that sets headers apart from each other when attempting to swap them? What keeps a game's header from working on certain games?

speeden

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi, when i use "Gateway ROM Patcher", it show header: xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx 03,
from the same dump "No Ban no Sky" insert in template file: xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx 3F
What's wrong?

hackotedelaplaqu

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Euh? Which game?

I don't understand if you meant only the last digit is wrong or all?
If all : you are checking the wrong game (mk7 for example has many entries).
If only the last digit is wrong, that's strange. Open header in hex editor to verify which value is the good one.

speeden

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Wrong is last 2 symbols. Open with hex editor, as you advised, in .bin is "03".
"Which game?" you meant, what game dumped?

speeden

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I used both. "Patch template file" and "Patch ALL Games template file". Result the same.
For example: Ultimate NES Remix

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Woah, i didn't realize there was this bug. Would repatch my template files again this weekend if the bugfix is out. Thank you!

UsualNoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I have to report that a handful of my games also show a different header inserted from the one displayed by Gateway ROM patcher. The differences sometimes appear in the beginning of the header and sometimes at the end, but usually only one grouping or two groupings (of two digits) are off. I ignored for now, but there must be some inconsistency somewhere. I can provide concrete examples if you'd like.

bigbadboof

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, I have to report that a handful of my games also show a different header inserted from the one displayed by Gateway ROM patcher. The differences sometimes appear in the beginning of the header and sometimes at the end, but usually only one grouping or two groupings (of two digits) are off. I ignored for now, but there must be some inconsistency somewhere. I can provide concrete examples if you'd like.

I too can confirm this "bug". In my case the last 2 digits of the header was wrong.

kava

Trophies
XP
Country
I can also confirm the bug. Tried with two headers, and it seems to happen when the byte starts with an zero. Remember that many programming languages reads things that starts with zero as hex.

xsogenx

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have a ULTIMATE NES REMIX header (BIN), if i patch the template with this header, Smash brother/MK7/SFIV does not connect to online servers.

But i find the error is in the Cart ID, so, if a change MANUALLY the cart ID with C2 F8 00 90, the online works perfect.

if you can make that the aplication can modify the CART ID part of the template too with the same BIN file it will be AWESOME.

pd: sorry for my english.

kava

Trophies
XP
Country
How to reproduce:

First one is the header.bin, second is template.txt.
AB 01 AB 02 04 05 06 07 01 AB 02 AB 08 09 0A 10
AB 1A AB 2A 04 50 06 70 01 AB 02 AB 08 90 0A 10

Edit:
No, it's not my own header, just for testing.

Cerberus3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just registered on this site to say thank you for this wonderful contribution to the community. I must ask though, I have followed the instructions to a tee. I selected the patch all games button, the program has said that I successfully patched 12xx games in the template file. But when I compare the differences between my pre-patched template file and the newer one, I cannot find any difference. I see the modified date of the file changes, so it did something. But how can I confirm that the tool actually patched the template file with all of the games having the private header that I wanted to import?

EDIT: Okay, I am seeing the changes, I just didnt know where to look for them. However, I am seeing what I believe to be a fault or a bug. The header I have differs from the header info in the template file by two characters in one section.

For example, I will provide the differences (leaving out the similar parts of course, replacing them with X's as it is a private header)

This row is what is in my actual header.bin file
XX XX XX XX XX 19 XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
This section below is what is shown in the template file for all of the games
XX XX XX XX XX 01 XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX

Notice that the sixth section of the header differs from my bin file? Why is this? It seems that something is incorrect here seeing how that section between both versions of my header are the only differing parts. Can someone please advise?

Also, shouldnt the chip ID be injected along with the cart ID to remain consistent? The chip ID in the template differs from the bin I have for the same game. Doesnt make sense.

hackotedelaplaqu

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Oh that was a nasty bug with "0" and string conversions.
My 4 private headers has no "0" so sorry, I missed it.

It's definitively fixed now, please download v2.1.

Also, shouldnt the chip ID be injected along with the cart ID to remain consistent? The chip ID in the template differs from the bin I have for the same game. Doesnt make sense.

As far as I can tell, you don't have to mess the ChipID (only in rare situations when Sky3DS messed it, like SFIV).

Cerberus3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW! Awesome to see you fixed it! I was about ready to spend my weekend in manually changing it.

I have been told that the chip id relates to the brand info for the flash chip as well as the rom size, could be wrong though. Would there be any possibility of adding that in in the future? I imagine you wouldnt want the same chip id for all games in the template, however.

EDIT- Just did it again with version 2.1 and it still retained the incorrect header in my template file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM