Homebrew [RELEASE]Nitro Screen - Facilitating screen capture with NTR CFW

jlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh boy, you have no idea. Just the very fact that C#/VB/CIL is by Microsoft is a CoI to being cross platform. If you think otherwise, just wait. Bash is also just a ploy/scam to try and get the dwindling power users back (which is futile.)

I realise that the bash thing is not relevant in pretty much any case, I would tend to agree with you on that part.

Yeah, sure. Pigs will also fly. "Decompilation" is reserved for languages that make no effort at hiding their code since they aren't native, e.g. CIL, JVM, Dalvik, etc. Otherwise, prepare for hell and a half.

I also understand you can't just decompile any old binary. I hadn't even begun to inspect what NTRViewer was written in or anything yet.

Um, no. What you fail to realize is that mono supports less than 1/2 of .NET's "standard", whatever that means, since it's entirely Windows-specific and literally can't be implemented cross-platform. If you code in mono you need to tailor for mono, not windows.

What you fail to realise is that my application uses very basic .Net features that will most certainly be supported in mono and should compile just fine if you take out the WPF dependencies.

Anyways, jlangford. You are not well informed here. You may want to read up and actually understand what "cross-platform" means, because targeting Windows is not.

I must not be making myself clear about my beleifs/hopes for .Net because I never said Windows is cross platform

I could also complain about how MonoDevelop != Mono, but eh.
No, but it's pretty much the quickest and easiest way to get set up and working with Visual Studio Solutions outside of Windows

Look guys, I'm just here to share my app. Not be scrutinised.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy, you have no idea. Just the very fact that C#/VB/CIL is by Microsoft is a CoI to being cross platform. If you think otherwise, just wait. Bash is also just a ploy/scam to try and get the dwindling power users back (which is futile.)

Yeah, sure. Pigs will also fly. "Decompilation" is reserved for languages that make no effort at hiding their code since they aren't native, e.g. CIL, JVM, Dalvik, etc. Otherwise, prepare for hell and a half.

Um, no. What you fail to realize is that mono supports less than 1/2 of .NET's "standard", whatever that means, since it's entirely Windows-specific and literally can't be implemented cross-platform. If you code in mono you need to tailor for mono, not windows.

Anyways, jlangford. You are not well informed here. You may want to read up and actually understand what "cross-platform" means, because targeting Windows is not.

I could also complain about how MonoDevelop != Mono, but eh.
What the FUCK is wrong with you? He is releasing is own personal work for FREE. You have nothing to bitch about, and if you feel like bitching (because of the framework / language / platform) at ALL, then leave.

W007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, my perspective is this: So long as you actually test the app with Mono I'm fine with .Net. If you don't, then I might have to take issue with it because I might not be able to use it in that case :P

Last edited by W007,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
What the FUCK is wrong with you? He is releasing is own personal work for FREE. You have nothing to bitch about, and if you feel like bitching (because of the framework / language / platform) at ALL, then leave.
The pot's calling the kettle black here I see. But I guess I can't expect much from a self-proclaimed liberal. They tend to feel it's their job to be offended for others. I'm the one you should be addressing by the way, not @chaoskagami.

Last edited by Joom,

dpad_5678

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The pot's calling the kettle black here I see. But I guess I can't expect much from a self-proclaimed liberal. They tend to feel it's their job to be offended for others. I'm the one you should be addressing by the way, not @chaoskagami.
I'm not an asshurt liberal. I'm also not a cash and racism obsessed conservative.

Reactions: TheGlamourGroup

jlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone in here is entitled to their opinion and It's fun to debate about this stuff and learn what about people know & believe, so let's just leave it at that?
I have put quite a bit of time into this program today so it would be nice if we could just focus on improving it, using it and finding some bugs ;)

Reactions: Selver

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not an asshurt liberal.
Obviously you are, especially since you felt the need to be offended over something that doesn't involve you whatsoever and to spout off some quip about conservatives. Here's an off-topic protip: Both sides are morons. Pick neither and remain in the center.

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States

Wow. Hostile. Anyways, I apologize if I came across as such. I need another cup of coffee. Some of my phrasing was shit, to be honest.

That said, I don't believe that response was elicited. I was merely calling out bogus reasoning as bogus.

Everyone in here is entitled to their opinion and It's fun to debate about this stuff and learn what about people know & believe, so let's just leave it at that?
I have put quite a bit of time into this program today so it would be nice if we could just focus on improving it, using it and finding some bugs ;)

Good idea. Arguing gets us all nowhere.

Obviously you are, especially since you felt the need to be offended over something that doesn't involve you whatsoever and to spout off some quip about conservatives. Here's an off-topic protip: Both sides are morons. Pick neither and remain in the center.

Joom, bringing politics into anything is a bad idea. Place and time.

I have better things to work on like Corbenik. Anyways...I'll take my leave.

dpad_5678

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was defending the guy who made this. This was never political, nor related to the fact that I am a Liberal.

Reactions: TheGlamourGroup

SmokinAce420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why we can't have nice things and the main reason why cell9 decided to not further work on improvements for NTR Viewer, appreciate the work for fuck sakes you guys are really trying to push this guy away as well huh SMFH. :glare:

Last edited by SmokinAce420,

jlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
While using this it tells me that I need NTRViewer opened as an administrator. After doing this and trying to connect again it gives me the same error. After restarting the program it still tells me that I don't have it open.
It's telling you that the program can't open NTRViewer itself, it's not aware of an externally launched processes, but it doesn't need to be for them to work. Have you set your NTRViewer location in the options tab?

Reactions: Roomsaver

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's telling you that the program can't open NTRViewer itself, it's not aware of an externally launched processes, but it doesn't need to be for them to work. Have you set your NTRViewer location in the options tab?
Thank you! I didn't even notice the tabs on the top!
Now I'm getting another error. Don't know if this is a problem with NTRViewer, Nitro Stream, or my internet. "ERR: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall."

Last edited by Roomsaver,

jlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you! I didn't even notice the tabs on the top!
Now I'm getting another error. Don't know if this is a problem with NTRViewer, Nitro Stream, or my internet. "ERR: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall."

Sometimes this is normal or it can mean something in the middle is preventing the connection. (If it was the DS, it'd say Connection refused). Just ignore it and see how it goes. Keep me posted. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: gm chat